• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia, Dublin, 16 Nov 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
horrible idea, surely AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the natural choice

Horrible idea? Watch him square up the opposite 13, beat him on the outside with a fend and then offload to his free winger. He could be devastating there.

Scotland's backline isn't exactly going to pressure the Wallabies on attack.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I saw pollock going upstairs and thought if it was any other team it would be a warning / yellow but for us it would be a straight red. ANd I was right. Honestly fuck the IRB officiating team they can die horrible miserable deaths, just bad human beings.

Also fuck ireland and penalties, clearly dickheads, I would feel like such a dickhead if i took penalties over tries, I mean wow what an arsehole

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
This is my opinion, bag it if you want, but honestly, God rugby is going soft, I mean why don't we put on tutu's and run around like little girls, seriously, Pollock, you and the over-zealous TMO have had a shocker!

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Horrible idea? Watch him square up the opposite 13, beat him on the outside with a fend and then offload to his free winger. He could be devastating there.

Could be the time to trial it.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
A 7 man wobs scrum fucks up a 8 man irl scrum what just happen.

Then TpN stuffs the throw

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

T

TOCC

He could be devastating there, but fullback is a position Australia is weak at and with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) we have a reasonable backup at centre..

So by moving Izzy to centre from fullback you are weakening the overall back line, whereas just moving someone like AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) into outside centre is almost a like for like swap..

Scotland are likely to use kicking as an attacking weapon..

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Play this team against Scotland:

1. Benn Robinson
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Kane Douglas
5. Sitaleki Timani
6. Scott Fardy
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben McCalman
9. Nic White
10. Quade Cooper (c)
11. Nick Cummins
12. Matt To'omua
13. Israel Folau
14. Joe Tomane
15. Bernard Foley

16. Saia Fainga'a
17. James Slipper
18. Paddy Ryan
19. Rob Simmons
20. Dave Dennis
21. Nick Phipps
22. Christian Leali'ifano
23. Mike Harris/Chris Feauai-Sautia

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
No complaints about the result, well done Australia. You were better than us in ever facet of the game today. Glad to see things finally looking up for Ewen and the Wobs, pity it came against us though.

As for Ireland that was a totally abject performance with zero intensity. All the defensive frailties that were there against Samoa reared their head again. The difference was Australia were able to exploit them.

Ireland were very sloppy in defence, no line speed at all and looked disjointed in attack. Set piece was the worst I've seen it since the days of Eddie O'Sulivan. Lots of work for Schmidt, Kiss et al to do.

Can't see us improving next week. We'll have an intensity and desire because the public will demand it. But the inaccuracy will still be there. It's a long wait until the 6Ns when Joe gets the team back together again. No signs of any positives from today and possibly from the November series after next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.