• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia, Dublin, 16 Nov 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Comprehensive Wallabies win considering the absolute shit we had to put up with from the officials. Scrum after scrum went unpenalised when if it was us, it would have been an absolute demolition led by the referee.

Pollock and the TMO were outstandingly hopeless at understanding the effects of slowing up video footage and then reviewing play, a red card for that 'dangerous play' is what can ruin the game. It's just red carding people for the sake of it.

Overall happy that the wallabies played the officials out of the game. Still some teething issues but once again the Cooper and To'omua combo is coming up with the goods. Loved Quades try, well deserved and beautifully worked. Piggies stood up tonight. Hard running, hit rucks and hit players and most of all, smashed the irish scrum to pieces. Still some improvements to come in support play but that along with some stellar defence complimented an albeit solid backline performance. Looks liek we'll be without Kuridrani and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) next week. Time for Israel at 13?

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Wallabies scrum strong at the back end as the Irish didn't seem to cope with our changes.

Equally pleasing to score 4 well worked tries and to keep the Irish scoreless. I don't think Irish fans will be pleased with many of the kicking options.

Great to see Link clean out the bench and all match day 23 get on the field to enjoy the win.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Play this team against Scotland:

1. Benn Robinson
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Kane Douglas
5. Sitaleki Timani
6. Scott Fardy
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben McCalman
9. Nic White
10. Quade Cooper (c)
11. Nick Cummins
12. Matt To'omua
13. Israel Folau
14. Joe Tomane
15. Bernard Foley

16. Saia Fainga'a
17. James Slipper
18. Paddy Ryan
19. Rob Simmons
20. Dave Dennis
21. Nick Phipps
22. Christian Leali'ifano
23. Mike Harris/Chris Feauai-Sautia

Shiet quadey for Captain?

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)
I quite enjoyed the game. Biggest difference between the teams (imo) was that Oz actually knew what to do with the ball.

I thought the officiating wasn't too bad. Only the TMO on the Oz no try was a really bad call I thought. Most of the others were just the usual calls in a game of rugby.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd go with
Robinson, TPN, Kepu, Simmons, Timani, Mowen (c), Gill, McCalman, White, Cooper, Cummins, To'omua, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (Kuridrani prob. susp), Tomane, Folau
Fainga'a (Moore gets a rest), Alexander, Slipper, Fardy (Give Kev a rest, he covers lock, 6 and 8), Hooper, Genia, Foley, Lealiifano

T

TOCC

Bloody weird on many levels: Pollock did not call advantage so he had no reason to think Pollock had seen the knock on.
He got something mixed up.

I think he was going in to pick up the ball, then realised he might have been offside and fell into the ruck.... However it looked like he was cleaning out for the Irish

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I thought the officiating wasn't too bad. Only the TMO on the Oz no try was a really bad call I thought. Most of the others were just the usual calls in a game of rugby.

Except the scrums.
I will give Pollock some credit: the 5m scrum where we got the penalty for them standing up. Penalties for standing up having been going against us on the assumption that we are shit whereas Pollock seemed to be trying to work out who was at fault.
But he missed a couple and got them the wrong way round. That would not happen if we were a first tier scrummaging nation.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Play this team against Scotland:

1. Benn Robinson
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Kane Douglas
5. Sitaleki Timani
6. Scott Fardy
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben McCalman
9. Nic White
10. Quade Cooper (c)
11. Nick Cummins
12. Matt To'omua
13. Israel Folau
14. Joe Tomane
15. Bernard Foley

16. Saia Fainga'a
17. James Slipper
18. Paddy Ryan
19. Rob Simmons
20. Dave Dennis
21. Nick Phipps
22. Christian Leali'ifano
23. Mike Harris/Chris Feauai-Sautia

I'd like to see Link mix it up a bit for next week also. Like your forward pack even though I don't rate Sita at all as a test player but rather see him play against Scotland than Wales. Hopefully Kane Douglas can have a big game.

I don't agree with the shift of Folau. He is developing into one heck of a full back and I'd like to see him stay there and get even better. Think Matt To'omua could have a rest and start Christian at 12. Foley deserves a shot off the bench and I would much prefer F'Sautia to Harris any time. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to play 13 if Kuridrani is out. Otherwise, stay with Tevita and give AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) the game off.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Good game by Wallabies, thought the Irish looked absolute rubbish, but Wallabies can only play whoever turns up to play them. Irish would be real disappointed with both their defensive choices and their lack of any attack. Only the 12 looked like he could possibly beat a player one on one. For all the whining about the refs, I thought Cummins 2nd was a try, but all in all I think there seems to be a few posters on here that are trying real hard to make Aussies look like they are pack of continual moaners, not sure some of you are real rugby people, maybe just watch a little TV and struggle to know the game.
All in all as I say, thought Wallabies looked not to bad, personally I thought Moore was MOTM, and think he one of the best hookers in world just behind Bismarck Du Plesiss, he really has got a great workrate.
Felt a bit for Kuridrani, don't really think he was trying to tip O'Mahoney, but the rules are pretty clear these days, and I sure he didn't realise that To'omua had grabbed O'Mahoney's other leg.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Best Wallaby display for quite some time in most if not all aspects of the game. Whilst Ireland not at their best, they are still a quality team, this is a much better win than those against Italy and Argentina (as Wales' big win over Argentina and Italy just getting home over Fiji show). I liked the fact that there seemed to be a plan on how to play the game and everyone knew the plan and played their part in it. Still a way to go, but that win inspired confidence in the future.

I've been a critic of QC (Quade Cooper) in the past, but 2 weeks in a row he's played his best game for Australia. Loved his try, caught and passed for the 1st half and then as the defence drifted off him, he went through the gap untouched. The try from the driving maul was well executed and the 2 first half tries came from hard straight running and having a player or players in support after a line break. So often in the past 2-3 years we've seen Wallabies split the defence, but go to ground because there was no support player to take a pass.

Well done.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Felt a bit for Kuridrani, don't really think he was trying to tip O'Mahoney, but the rules are pretty clear these days, and I sure he didn't realise that To'omua had grabbed O'Mahoney's other leg.
At first glance, I thought it was a yellow card, but I think the fact that O'Mahoney's head was the first part of his body to touch the ground makes it an automatic red. That's my take on it anyway. None of the Wallabies seemed shocked by the red card and Rod Kafer thought it was the right call as well.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
It is hard to believe that Wallabies play book includes a box kick from the half on a turnover and a box kick from the a ruck from a lineout won from a penalty kick into touch.
This is mindless stuff.

IS, just some lingering bad habits from the Dingo era I think..hopefully they will phase them out!

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
You know there's a problem when you would rather listen to the home commentators than our own rabble Foxsports team.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wallabies smashed the irish. The ref tried to keep them in the game. I thought he made a few mistakes but good to see the wallabies not needing the rub of the green.

Cummins would keep digby out of this side ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom