• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia, Dublin, 16 Nov 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Alexander is gone! Well done Link. Congrats to Paddy Ryan. Aim up buddy.

Not a bad side. some good impact off the bench. Would have liked to have seen Gill start but no major complaints. I hope TPN isn't too rusty.

T

tranquility

Good looking side..

Shame about Gilly on the bench again, but good to see him in the 23!

Carn Hoops - give em' heaps.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I continue to be bewildered that Robinson is not starting.

As for Ben Alexander, I really hope that this is not the end of the line for the guy. He has been a good servant of the game, he deserves to go out with his dignity intact, if at all possible. If he is going out, that is.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Drops Alexander but not Slipper? That confuses me, we have had problems on both sides of the scrum.

This was really a game for Gill to tear up and I'm disappointed we aren't seeing that.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Would really, really have liked to see Gill start this game. The Irish are going to make the breakdown an absolute shitfight. They'll treat it like Stalingrad, and Gill is by far the best breakdown thief/hand-to-hand combat in the sewers exponent we have (without Smith and Pocock). I really, really wish we'd started him, as Hooper just doesn't have the same ability to cause chaos.

We'l do them with the backs we have, if we can get clean enough ball, but Ireland are excellent at turning the game into a frustrating scrap where we never get out of first gear because we cant string more than two phases together with the Micks just flopping all over the breakdown (no matter how illegal or blatant it is) to make sure we never get going, because they know that if we do they don't have a chance.

Forecast is rain too, which is terrifying. I'm really, really worried about the this game, especially as Kepu appears to not have had his contract torn up in front of his eyes after his disgraceful 'effort' against the Boks in Brisbane.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Gill can't start until TPN can.

there is something to this comment. Without the likes TPN and Higgers (and now Timani who had the second most metres in the forwards last week) we lack ball runners, which is probably the reason Hooper retains his starting spot. Im really hoping Link gives Gill a good 30 minutes. hopefully he tells Fardy to go out and burn all the fuel in the tank.

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Would really, really have liked to see Gill start this game. The Irish are going to make the breakdown an absolute shitfight. They'll treat it like Stalingrad, and Gill is by far the best breakdown thief/hand-to-hand combat in the sewers exponent we have (without Smith and Pocock). I really, really wish we'd started him, as Hooper just doesn't have the same ability to cause chaos.

We'l do them with the backs we have, if we can get clean enough ball, but Ireland are excellent at turning the game into a frustrating scrap where we never get out of first gear because we cant string more than two phases together with the Micks just flopping all over the breakdown (no matter how illegal or blatant it is) to make sure we never get going, because they know that if we do they don't have a chance.

Forecast is rain too, which is terrifying. I'm really, really worried about the this game, especially as Kepu appears to not have had his contract torn up in front of his eyes after his disgraceful 'effort' against the Boks in Brisbane.

All the weather forecasts i've looked at say fine and 8 - 11 degrees, not much wind either..

T

tranquility

The reality is, Link is probably the biggest Liam Gill fan in the world.

If you have followed his career as closely as I have, and watched the presser's, Link just gushes over Liam - more than nearly any other player.

He knows what he offers, he also probably knows his limitations more than others as well. There is method to the madness. I just hope it's similar madness that Robbie Laing had for Polanski!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm going to enjoy this game more now knowing that Alexander has been dropped...hopefully for good

I think The wallabies will come away with a tough win. But I feel the added pressure will becoming from the wallabies forward more so the Irish, A close victory for wallabies by 3

T

tranquility

Paddy Ryan is clearly not the finished article just yet, but gee he could be a gooden. Him and Palmer in the front row, would actually for the first time in forever look like a real front row!

Status
Not open for further replies.