• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Australia look way behind Ireland Boks ,England not to mention Mordoor ,, we could get touched up here, badly . Folau needs some serious coaching on how to defend at 15 and i think we need a new scrum coach as it has become a target , believe me the Poms and Irish will take careful aim

T

Train Without a Station

I even remember the Fox sports poll on who should partner Horwill at lock for the lions series & MMM had something like 80% of votes.
And that would be with every Tah fan voting for Kane Douglas.

Either you don't have foxtel or you don't pay much attention to anything or at least good rugby.

Considering that the Force are probably only rated lower than the Rebels you reckon some of those voters may have just read the headlines?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Considering that the Force are probably only rated lower than the Rebels you reckon some of those voters may have just read the headlines?

Train,

have been away a bit but noticed you are back (in several posts) - thought I'd only see you on the Reds and NRC sites after the dummy spit last week.

Welcome back :) :) :)

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Given how well QC (Quade Cooper) & MT combined on the EOYT last year, I'd love to see them link up again! Throw in the Speight Train on the wing and things could get interesting, although HS may need a bit more time to settle at this level.

Quade, Matt, Tevita, Henry, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) & Izzy

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I would like to see Phipps and Cooper.

There has been too much spin about the "combination" between Genia and QC (Quade Cooper). Their combination is, quite frankly pretty shithouse and hasn't been great for years

Quade needs to be his own man, without the thought of "relying" on Genia being inside him - Most punters out here seem to put both blokes into the box together.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I would like to see Phipps and Cooper.

There has been too much spin about the "combination" between Genia and QC (Quade Cooper). Their combination is, quite frankly pretty shithouse and hasn't been great for years

Quade needs to be his own man, without the thought of "relying" on Genia being inside him - Most punters out here seem to put both blokes into the box together.

I assume that Chieka will start with Foley - if that is the case then QC (Quade Cooper) needs to come on with 20 mins to go at 10.

EDIT: I agree that the supposed Cooper/Genia nexus is doing QC (Quade Cooper) no favours.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I assume that Chieka will start with Foley - if that is the case then QC (Quade Cooper) needs to come on with 20 mins to go at 10.

EDIT: I agree that the supposed Cooper/Genia nexus is doing QC (Quade Cooper) no favours.

I don't know why he wouldn't give Cooper a shot with Foley on the bench. Foley last week was terrible and the week before below what he normally was (the 2 forward passes were unforgivable) - even though some exponents (well, I'm being gentle) gave him MOM.

I reckon QC (Quade Cooper), Speight, Carter (for Horwill), To'omua will all start. Skelton will not be persisted with this week. Beale will be on the pine.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Slipper Fainga kepu
Horwill Simmons
Jones
Hooper
Higgers if available otherwise Mcalman
Genia
Cooper
Tomane
To'omua
TK
Speight
Folau

bench
Hanson
Robbo
dude from the force
Carter or Fardy if available
Hodsgon
Phipps
Godwin
Beale

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
To'omua should replace Lilo at inside centre.

McMahon should also be replaced at 6. This seems like a good opportunity to see what Jones has. The other option would be to move Simmons to 6 and bring Carter back in.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
OK

"If" we choose to add more "threat" this is what I would do

1 James Slipper
2 Saia Fainga'a
3 Sekope Kepu
4 James Horwill
5 Rob Simmons
6 Jones
7 Michael Hooper (c)
8 Ben McCalman
9 Nick Phipps
10 Bernard Foley
11 Speight
12 Quade Cooper
13 Tevita Kuridrani
14 Adam Ashley-Cooper
15 Israel Folau

Replacements:
16 James Hanson,
17 Benn Robinson,
18 Faulkner,
19 Carter,
20 Schatz,
21 Will Genia,
22 Joe Tomane,
23 Rob Horne

Cooper to play the "Tahs" Beale role, defending off set piece on the blind as the second full back, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) defending at 12

2 man kick return set of Folau & Cooper

A bigger, more robust pack

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Is Lilo injured?
Is Carter available?

I'd bring Carter in for Horwill.
Jones in for McMahon
To'omua for Lilo
Speight for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for Izzy.

5/3 Bench

16. Hanson
17. Ben A
18. Ben R
19. Horwill
20. Hodgo

21. Genia
22. Cooper
23. Izzy

Out of the 23 is Skelton, McMahon and Horne.

I would be tempted to swap the starting halves, but that would be too unsettling.
Foley badly needs a plan to unlock the rush defense he will undoubtedly face. Hence the need for Speights speed on the wing.
Foley also needs many more bodies in motion if he is going to create some threat with the ball. This was lacking vs the frogs.

I Expect

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I don't know why he wouldn't give Cooper a shot with Foley on the bench. Foley last week was terrible and the week before below what he normally was (the 2 forward passes were unforgivable) - even though some exponents (well, I'm being gentle) gave him MOM.

I reckon QC (Quade Cooper), Speight, Carter (for Horwill), To'omua will all start. Skelton will not be persisted with this week. Beale will be on the pine.

I'm not sure I agree about Foley being terrible, although it certainly wasn't his best game. That being the case, I thought it significant that for 2 weeks running Chieka left Foley at 10 for the full 80. I was surprised that QC (Quade Cooper) got no time against Wales and came on in another position against France. However, to me that points to Foley starting this week.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
To'omua should replace Lilo at inside centre.

McMahon should also be replaced at 6. This seems like a good opportunity to see what Jones has. The other option would be to move Simmons to 6 and bring Carter back in.

Agree with To'omua starting at 12 and either Jones starting or coming off the bench at 60 min mark.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'm not sure I agree about Foley being terrible, although it certainly wasn't his best game. That being the case, I thought it significant that for 2 weeks running Chieka left Foley at 10 for the full 80. I was surprised that QC (Quade Cooper) got no time against Wales and came on in another position against France. However, to me that points to Foley starting this week.

Foley's defence is what really shits me. (refer the that defensive vid against the welsh). How is it that a player who has had 2 seasons under the Tahs is having trouble with the "new defensive system", when players like TK are thriving in defence with only a couple games under the new system.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
OK

"If" we choose to add more "threat" this is what I would do

1 James Slipper
2 Saia Fainga'a
3 Sekope Kepu
4 James Horwill
5 Rob Simmons
6 Jones
7 Michael Hooper (c)
8 Ben McCalman
9 Nick Phipps
10 Bernard Foley
11 Speight
12 Quade Cooper
13 Tevita Kuridrani
14 Adam Ashley-Cooper
15 Israel Folau

Replacements:
16 James Hanson,
17 Benn Robinson,
18 Faulkner,
19 Carter,
20 Schatz,
21 Will Genia,
22 Joe Tomane,
23 Rob Horne

Cooper to play the "Tahs" Beale role, defending off set piece on the blind as the second full back, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) defending at 12

2 man kick return set of Folau & Cooper

A bigger, more robust pack

I was going to post a team with Cooper at 12 and agree pretty much with all this. Lilo hasn't really been fitting in with Cheika's plan. The only change I'd consider for your team is dropping one of Horne/Tomane for To'omua.

Status
Not open for further replies.