• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok heart quietened down enough to post now I reckon, geez the Irish didn't leave anything out on the park did they?? I must admit thought they looked to lose a little confidence as ABs were coming bac, could see their body language seemed to change. Interesting to see Shag Hansen said he didn't raise voice at halftime, just reminded them to stick to structures, perhaps goes along with Graham Henry saying last week he thinks this AB team is better mentally even than when they that won WC. All in all apart from being pissed that I watched it online with Setanta and link was crap for first 20, got to say I enjoyed game, Irish would be happy as you can be when you lose as thay played with a real passion, and I think in end ABs would be happy to win, expecially with the bench making a bloody good impact.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Haven't seen it and without wishing to rain on the ABs or Ireland's parade in any way this lends a little perspective to the wallabies victory the week before and the fatigue factor for them, having played the lions mid year.
Sounds like a cracker but I guess I'll never know.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Bloody Setanta! I wanted to watch this game. Christ I already fork the bucks out for foxtel :mad: . Kinda glad I didnt see it given I would have been pulling my hair out.

Truly would have loved the "land of my ancestors" get up against the ABs. From what I've seen of the highlights on fox the try from Franks was a combo of good option taking from Franks but also not much defence from the Irish at the ruck. I'm imagining for that try the AB's were on a roll in attack & Ireland hadnt realigned (correct me if I'm wrong). Felt for Sexton & his missed kick. I know the AB's are good at finding a way to win & credit to them for having that ability but to me it sounds more like the Irish blew it.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bloody Setanta! I wanted to watch this game. Christ I already fork the bucks out for foxtel :mad: . Kinda glad I didnt see it given I would have been pulling my hair out.

Truly would have loved the "land of my ancestors" get up against the ABs. From what I've seen of the highlights on fox the try from Franks was a combo of good option taking from Franks but also not much defence from the Irish at the ruck. I'm imagining for that try the AB's were on a roll in attack & Ireland hadnt realigned (correct me if I'm wrong). Felt for Sexton & his missed kick. I know the AB's are good at finding a way to win & credit to them for having that ability but to me it sounds more like the Irish blew it.
Stay calm. It'll be up on ttrugbyvids before the day is out

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That is very high praise from a Welshman, and your mob know what a good footy team looks like.

That being said, I wouldn't write the Saffers off just yet. They are building well.

RWC 2015 Final is shaping up to be Saffers v The Darkness. If both play like they did at Ellis Park earlier this year, it will be a truly memorable occasion.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Bloody glad I stayed up for this one, was an absolute cracker. Really sad stuff for the Irish, had the perfect season not been on the line I would have been more than happy for them to take the win.

The Irish defence was huge but there undoing was obviously only scoring 3 points in the last 60 minutes and I don't think they 'left many out there' either.

Thought Cruden was pretty average, Man on the Match for me was Kieran Reid.

Nonu was amazing in terms of getting himself in the right position unfortunately though ended up dropping the ball almost every time...

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)

Nonu was amazing in terms of getting himself in the right position unfortunately though ended up dropping the ball almost every time.

Reid? Thought he was very quiet, and that Sean O'Brien really dominated the back row contest. I would pick A Smith as the best for NZ but really think the impact of quality off the bench really won NZ the game.

For Ireland I thought Connor Murray was outstanding, really think he is miles ahead of Reddan at the moment.

O'Brien is just outstanding, POC lead well and Rob Kearney had his best game since 2007 Lions Tour. Really like his brother Dave's work and think he will have a massive impact in the 6 nations.

Time for BOD and Darcy to hang up the boots, move Bowe to 13 and hope Gilroy continues his impressive come back from injury and is ready for the 6 Nations. Add Zebo and Felix Jones to the list and Ireland actually has pretty good depth in the back three.

Time for Cronin to claim the number 2 jersey, thought he was brilliant and needs to be given more game time.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Haven't seen it and without wishing to rain on the ABs or Ireland's parade in any way this lends a little perspective to the wallabies victory the week before and the fatigue factor for them, having played the lions mid year.
Sounds like a cracker but I guess I'll never know.

here it is.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I find it hard to go past Richie as MOTM, he was immense in that 2nd half, just in the thick of it continually. Also pretty impressed with his captaincy, there seems no sign of panic, A Smith was saying in one interview it is amazing how the team just sticks to game plan when they miles behind, helps when you trust both the gameplan and the coaches and captain when they tell you to stick with it.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Must feel for Sexton; he had the chance to make history with that penalty kick in the 76th minute, and no doubt will be gutted.

Credit to the All Blacks though, for apart from the Nonu knock on in that last 10, there were composed enough to go the length of the field for that last ditch try. I feel a little silly for saying I wanted the ABs to be humbled in any case ;)

About to watch the first half of that match that I unfortunately missed live, which from all reports, was absolutely intense by the Irish, and arguably their best half of rugby in a few years.

Also want to raise one more point: the All Blacks were no doubt fatigued from the long grueling season, but have the NH teams, specifically England, France, and to a lesser extent, Ireland now got the formula to really challenge the Kiwis? It seems like England has had, or nearly had success in 2012 and 2013; France in 2011, 2013 first June test, Autumn test; and Ireland, 2012 in the second June test, and now.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)

Cruden was poor, Bogan Barrett should have come on earlier I reckon.

For me the AB MOTM was Retallick. Aaron Smith was excellent as well. Absolutely no way it was Read who had a poorish game by his standards

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
That is very high praise from a Welshman, and your mob know what a good footy team looks like.

That being said, I wouldn't write the Saffers off just yet. They are building well.

RWC 2015 Final is shaping up to be Saffers v The Darkness. If both play like they did at Ellis Park earlier this year, it will be a truly memorable occasion.
If they both top their pools they will meet in the semi.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What a cracking game of footy. You have to feel gutted for the Paddies. Very hard to believe that that was the same rabble that flumphed around against the Wobs last week.

If they had played like that against the Men in Gold they would have won last week by 30 points.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Also want to raise one more point: the All Blacks were no doubt fatigued from the long grueling season, but have the NH teams, specifically England, France, and to a lesser extent, Ireland now got the formula to really challenge the Kiwis? It seems like England has had, or nearly had success in 2012 and 2013; France in 2011, 2013 first June test, Autumn test; and Ireland, 2012 in the second June test, and now.

Come next yr the formula will be a year old and the game will be played differently. I have never known the Darkness to rely on yesterday's gameplan... 14 out of 14 for 2013 is an example that they've moved on... So should you :)

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I was gutted for you Ireland, I think you punched your selves out in the first Half, ABs had a far superior bench than yours, Messam made a difference when he came on, Hard to lose like that, need to pick your selves up now for the 6N

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Must feel for Sexton; he had the chance to make history with that penalty kick in the 76th minute, and no doubt will be gutted.

I read yesterday that Sexton was injured and Ireland tried to take him off before the kick but weren't allowed to make the change until after the penalty had been taken. If the rugby Gods had moved in a different way Ian Madigan could be having his statue built in the middle of Grafton St as we speak.

Also some painfully awesome analysis on the last 120 seconds by an Irish blogger

Analysis: Two minutes of hell for Ireland against the All Blacks

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/analysis-ireland-all-blacks-1191120-Nov2013/?utm_source=twitter_self

Status
Not open for further replies.