• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Congratulations to the ISA boys selected in the Aus and Barbarian sides.
Hopoate and Douglas from St Augustines and a special mention for Bo Abra from Stannies on his selection in the Australian Schools side.
Good luck gents

Albert is currently holed-up at Narrabeen getting ready for Wednesday night's U16 State of Origin game before the decider.
Let's hope he remembers how to play RL.
I have a feeling he'll be just fine

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
Albert is currently holed-up at Narrabeen getting ready for Wednesday night's U16 State of Origin game before the decider.
Let's hope he remembers how to play RL.
I have a feeling he'll be just fine
So is Albert a Union man or will he be lost to RL in due course? Pedigree suggests the latter? Can you confirm Albert is in Year 10? If so, awesome effort to make Aussie Schools in Year 10 - means he could play 3 years in the team ... been done before?

I

insideball23

So is Albert a Union man or will he be lost to RL in due course? Pedigree suggests the latter? Can you confirm Albert is in Year 10? If so, awesome effort to make Aussie Schools in Year 10 - means he could play 3 years in the team . been done before?

He is in year 11 at St Augustines but is born in 2001 so he could only play at maximum of 2 years of Aussie Schoolboys if he repeats a year back with everyone else born in 2001

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
I feel as Hunter Ward is hard done by not to make the Aussie Barbarians side, he had a fantastic week to say the least and I can assure you this isn't coming from a Stannies supporter

Yes my mail was he played strongly across the 3 days as did Donny Freeman maybe there is a chance they will be picked up with the 3 extras players to be selected for each side. From reports over in the Aus school championships page there are a lot of boys that can feel unlucky not to get picked in either side.

Front In Out

Bob McCowan (2)
Bloody Nora guys!!!!! Our beloved ISA commentator sweetchilli has been banned by the scum that call themselves the CAS. The great philosopher was merely trying to stand up for our great association against those who attempt to belittle us throughout the ages. This just takes me back to the time when Pats and Pius were in limbo in the late 70s, tore up the CAS competition and were simply kicked out and trampled on. Even though defeating the best teams were never granted official winners because they were "guests." Its 2017, 40 years on and the same oppression is occurring through the likes of CatchnPass, Hasbeen and sidelineview. Calling our man a "dickhead" repeatedly for showing passion for his beloved association and kicking him to the curb. It is the continued subverted evil of these men that continue to trash our game of rugby. 40 years on and the antics of CAS have finally caught up to us because they think they are above new supporters. This makes rugby seem exclusive and unwelcoming. Numbers are down in every facet of the game (except for woman's 7s), skill is down, passion is down. And instead of simply pointing the finger at Pulver (nonetheless he needs to go) it is the attitude of these self-righteous supporters that are toxic to the game. We need to stand together united for #justiceforchilli and teach those who ruin the game they play in heaven a lesson. Mr ISA rugby?? where are you?? we need true supporters like you more than ever, you are our only hope.
#staysaucysweetchilli

Oh no, this is so sad!!!!!

Bobobra

Frank Row (1)
Predictions for this weekend?

Throwing a spanner in the works...
Stannies v Gregs: Gregs up by 10+
Although gregs are unpredictable with there ever changing line ups, i believe their unsatisfied want for history will prevail in this passionate fight.
#KickGregs

Bobobra's 3 tips to success:
1. If greg's forward pack can run rampage and fight uphill through stannies Abra lead tight 5, there might be room for the bash bros new inhabitant to pave way.
2. The fight will consisit on who has a better back 3 counter attack, so gregs better learn how to put their boot to some leather.
3. If there are no fights, it's a win for the ISA competition.

PeterParker72

Frank Row (1)
I finished school rugby just as Greg's were new to the ISA competition, and they were just borders that had loads of talent but just simply didn't know the game. I noticed this #kickgregs and presumed that they must be still not know the game, yet when I looked at the ladder, I saw they were third and had beaten proper Union schools just as Oakhill, and also seemed to have convincingly beat Pius to enter the first grade competition, even if they are a league school with little care for rugby...
I haven't anything to do with school boy rugby, and was never a huge fan of Campbelltown joining our comp but it seems they haven't been doing all that bad, and don't deserve to be removed from the comp.
Just a thought...

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
Predictions for this weekend?
ST PATS v AUGGIES - pats have improved but pats 1st XV haven't beaten Auggies in well over 10 years. Trend to continue. Auggies by 20+.
STANNIES v GREGS - @bobobra is obviously watching a different ISA comp to me. The boys from Bathurst have shown themselves to be the real deal this year beating Auggies twice. Stannies by 20+ (but yool yool needs to move to 15 to show his true potential).
KINROSS v OAKS - match of the round. Can I predict a draw? How about Kinross with field goal in the last minute. Really don't know with this one but Kinross by 3 (Donnie freeman kicks it ... from 50 ... with his wrong foot ... #sweetchilli).
@peterparker72 - there's more to it than results. They totally disrespect the ISA Code of Conduct, they play boys DOWN age groups (and not the small kids) and the behaviour of their supporters is atrocious (and the teachers do nothing). Furthermore SPX are a legit fully committed ISA school. That pretty well sums up the vibe behind #kickgregs.

PeterParker72

Frank Row (1)
They totally disrespect the ISA Code of Conduct, they play boys DOWN age groups (and not the small kids) and the behaviour of their supporters is atrocious (and the teachers do nothing).

Like I said previously, I haven't had much to do with school boy rugby, however I did hear about Stannies vs Kinross last year, and don't see how that complies with the ISA code of conduct, of which last time I heard Gregs hadn't been involved in any fight off the field. Also when I played, no school supporters were saints... especially when they lost to school that thought to be beneath them. It just seems from an outsiders perspective that schools such as Oakhill are humiliated by losing to them.

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
@peterparker72 - you make a good point re Stannies and Kinross last year - that was counter to ISA conduct (and fundamental social decency). My understanding is that the issue has been addressed by both schools - unlikely to see a repeat. however, pointing the finger at that incident doesn't really excuse the Gregs conduct. On a positive note, I believe that if Gregs committed to rugby they'd be a force to be reckoned with - and the rugby fraternity needs all the talent it can get right now.

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
Big effort at BREEN today. 16a to Auggies 19-10. 1st XV to Auggies 32-17. Whilst a loss is never great, big improvement by St Pats from round 1. Well done to St Pats.

Tram Tracks

Peter Burge (5)
Stannies 1st vs gregs win 28-13
Stannies 2s vs pius 1s 22-22 draw
Stannies 3s vs gregs 2s 8-7 win
Stannies 16a vs gregs 15-7 win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Considering the massive turn-around in the scorelines of many games I would definitely agree with Tah123 that it was a big effort at Breen on Saturday.

The 1s contest was great viewing with the 32-17 scoreline not doing the game justice. Within the last 10mins, Pats scored two quick tries and were only 5 points down with less than 5 to go with all momentum going their way.

It came down to a very high kick-off directly into the sun that Pats knocked on that put an end to the momentum and Auggies finishing the job with class. Despite this, it was a terrific game and the Pats boys can hang their heads high for the 50+ turnaround from the last time the teams met at Rat Park.

I believe this game will instill a confidence within the team that they can really give Gregs and Oakhill a strong challenge over the next two weeks before heading to Bathurst in what will be a very tough game to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.