• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.D

Stan Wickham (3)
Combined states team announced yesterday,

THE TEAM IS , in alphabetical order–
Charlie Baker The Scot’s College
Stewart Brown Central Coast Grammar
Harrison Cannon St Joseph’s College, Nudgee
Cooper Chambers Trinity Grammar School
Isaac Crone Brisbane State High School
Brady Dawson Knox Grammar School
Joel Ellis Waverley College
Dougal Hicks The King’s School
Ben Joseph The Scot’s College
Emmit Keepa Ipswich Grammar School
Jeremy Kempston Ipswich Grammar School
William Kirk St Joseph’s College, Gregory Terrace
Willie Manu St Augustine’s College
Will McCormick Waverley College
Michael Pavlakis Knox Grammar School
Tristan Reilly St Joseph’s College, Hunters Hill
James Sidery St Augustine’s College
Davida Stowers Ipswich Grammar School
Bruce Tevaga Padua College
Emosi Tuqirie Marist College, Ashgrove
Harry Turner Epping Boys High School
Jack Walsh St Augustine’s College
Jack Winchester Bishop Druitt College

A few points:
- Good to see a few more ISA reps make it to the national championships, especially the CCGS fella, hopefully he is a sign that you do not have to go to a traditional rugby school to make it. He must be killing it in Div2.
- Mind boggling Yool Yool hasn't been given a shot though, very upsetting...
- Correct me if I am wrong, but that brings up the total for Augustines to 9 in the National Championships (plus a shadow player) as opposed to Stannies 3. Either there is a selection bias or Augustines haven't been coached very well to lose to Stannies twice.
- Looks like we will be getting another H. Turner vs. D. Freeman showdown, hopefully Donnie blows him out of the park once again to prove to selectors he is the real deal.
- Personally, I love the idea of a combined states kind of barbarians team, can really set a footpath for some players selectors always seem to miss. Last year I recall a second rower by the name of Essay Hangoona who played Combined States and made Australian Schoolboys, then proceeded to become the youngest capped Rebel this year.

L.D

Stan Wickham (3)
Bloody Nora guys!!!!! Our beloved ISA commentator sweetchilli has been banned by the scum that call themselves the CAS. The great philosopher was merely trying to stand up for our great association against those who attempt to belittle us throughout the ages. This just takes me back to the time when Pats and Pius were in limbo in the late 70s, tore up the CAS competition and were simply kicked out and trampled on. Even though defeating the best teams were never granted official winners because they were "guests." Its 2017, 40 years on and the same oppression is occurring through the likes of CatchnPass, Hasbeen and sidelineview. Calling our man a "dickhead" repeatedly for showing passion for his beloved association and kicking him to the curb. It is the continued subverted evil of these men that continue to trash our game of rugby. 40 years on and the antics of CAS have finally caught up to us because they think they are above new supporters. This makes rugby seem exclusive and unwelcoming... Numbers are down in every facet of the game (except for woman's 7s), skill is down, passion is down. And instead of simply pointing the finger at Pulver (nonetheless he needs to go) it is the attitude of these self-righteous supporters that are toxic to the game. We need to stand together united for #justiceforchilli and teach those who ruin the game they play in heaven a lesson. Mr ISA rugby?? where are you?? we need true supporters like you more than ever, you are our only hope.
#staysaucysweetchilli

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Other codes love seeing division like this. It just leads to implosion, in fighting and grassroots players leaving the sport for other codes. Keep talkin' if you want to wreck Rugby mate.

S

sidelineview

He was banned by the Moderator after his post was reported. Read the rules of the forum before continuing.

S

sidelineview

As entertaining as he may have been, drawing the line at rubbishing schoolboy rugby players would be a good idea.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Instead of wasting bandwidth with these inane posts, maybe you could all:-
a) Read the forum rules.
b) Post something about rugby.

Contrary to what some seem to believe, this forum is not a free-for-all for schoolboy shit-posting, and being a privately owned forum, has rules. If you feel you cannot play within them, find somewhere else. It is that simple.

R&R

Bob McCowan (2)
I may be a little out of touch, but having just re-read the rules I can't see anything against standing up for a mate? We're not trying to attack anyone, just showing support for a poster who has been the life and soul of this thread. I know myself for one always looked forward to his posts and his passion for ISA is unmatched. I want chilli back on the forum, and I'm sure any so called rules he broke was a case of him defending his loved competition a bit too much.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Hi all

So the nationals kick off tomorrow and I am looking for writers and photographers to contribute to the GAGR match reports.

We are all good for tomorrow for writers, but there are quite a few gaps in my schedule for Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

What I am asking for is 200 words on each match. That's stuff all.

The idea is that we cover the general 'vibe' of the game, key highlights, who played well and the final score.

If you would like to write (or have some photos you'd like included in the blog) please send me a private convo.

Regards

Rich

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I may be a little out of touch, but having just re-read the rules I can't see anything against standing up for a mate? We're not trying to attack anyone, just showing support for a poster who has been the life and soul of this thread. I know myself for one always looked forward to his posts and his passion for ISA is unmatched. I want chilli back on the forum, and I'm sure any so called rules he broke was a case of him defending his loved competition a bit too much.

My comment about the rules is in regard to the poster who was banned.
My comment about posting something about rugby stands.
Move along.

Tram Tracks

Peter Burge (5)
88f6038a26eecfa3af97f24e1a8890d2.png

Hunter ward SSC turning some heads today from all reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.