1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2019

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by Oak_Wood, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Bob McGuire Frank Nicholson (4)

I’m not sure about gregs. I know most of their team last year were talented year 11 players so they could be a contender.
  2. Jim Belshaw Syd Malcolm (24)

Oak_Wood likes this.
  3. DaSchmooze Herbert Moran (7)

Seems like an error trying to download that Jim

Hawwy Armour likes this.
  4. Central Best Chris McKivat (8)

Barker 1st XV played St Eddies in Canberra on Saturday Barker getting the cash 26-21
    Barker travelling again on a Saturday road trip to Bathurst to play Stannies.
    Stannies 1st hit out will be a very tough game against the CAS 2018 Champions.
    Oak_Wood likes this.
  5. Bob McGuire Frank Nicholson (4)

Any other results?
  6. Central Best Chris McKivat (8)

Only the 1sts played yesterday in Canberra.
    Barker playing Stannies in 1sts 2NDS AND 16AS next week end.
    I think a lot of schools trialled internally over the weekend
    Oak_Wood likes this.
  7. Cuz Stan Wickham (3)

Greg's were playing Canberra Marist, with Greg's up 1 try to zip when I left after 40 minutes (another 20 to play). St Edmunds next week in Canberra.
    Oak_Wood likes this.
  8. Bob McGuire Frank Nicholson (4)

Greg's ended up winning that trial 10-5 to Canberra Marist, scoring on the buzzer
    Oak_Wood likes this.
  9. Oak_Wood Banned

Oakhill playing Knox this weekend in our first trial, 8 players from last years squad have been selected! Hopefully, last years experience will put these boys in a better position for this year set of challenges!
    Central Best and Bob McGuire like this.
  10. Oak_Wood Banned

Bob McGuire, this years competition will be close, with more than 2 teams in the calculations, really interesting to hear about Pius & Pat's potentially fielding strong teams from their 16A's from Season 2018! Hopefully, the Oak's will be able to provide an upset or two this year!
  11. Bob McGuire Frank Nicholson (4)

Well said Oak. Who knows what will happen at the end of the season. All i know is i am very excited to see who will come out on top.
    Jordan Burns likes this.
  12. Jordan Burns Banned

I think Stannies are a weakened force but yet not to be under estimated. The 16 A's didn't travel or start well and majority of their 1st XV left. My predictions for top three is out of stannies, auggies and gregs. Gregs are always under estimated but got wins last year and had nail biting losses with majority year 11's. The depth is there. However stannies and auggies as always will be tough and more than likely top 2.
  13. Bob McGuire Frank Nicholson (4)

Well said Jordan. Greg's are a team you never know how they will go until you see results ultimately, always the dark horse of the ISA season.
  14. Hawwy Armour Banned

How is Oakhill's team looking this year?
    Bob McGuire and SpeedBump like this.
  15. SpeedBump Bob McCowan (2)

Still a few grubs from last year I think
  16. Jordan Burns Banned

Always grubs from chokehill
  17. Bob McGuire Frank Nicholson (4)

Where are you from Jordan.
  18. Jordan Burns Banned

Kinross Bob and we are looking quite strong even withbig losses from our firsts last year. The younger boys have shown some great talent and been working hard over the off-season. How about you Bob?
  19. Bob McGuire Frank Nicholson (4)

My boy graduated from stannies in 2017. Although i do not have family association with ISA, i still love to follow schoolboy rugby.
  20. Jordan Burns Banned

I'm keen to ask (purely on speculation) are gregs a positive influence on this competition?