1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2019

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by Oak_Wood, Feb 11, 2019.

1. SpeedBump Bob McCowan (2)

I would personally say that they should be removed, no respect for the competition.
  2. Cuz Stan Wickham (3)

Interested in why would you think that Speedbump. From what I can see, they don't have the S&C program (at least in Union) that all the big ISA schools have, nor do they have the rugby tradition of Stannies. But they have a crack & although as a school they are better known for league, there are more kids playing rugby there than there are playing league.
    Bob McGuire likes this.
  3. Jordan Burns Banned

Where are you from?
  4. SpeedBump Bob McCowan (2)

I'm just a loving supporter of schoolboy rugby
    AllCatsandNoPussy likes this.
  5. Bob McGuire Frank Nicholson (4)

I personally believe St Greg's presence is needed in the competition, they give most teams a run for their money, especially over the past few years. We all know St Greg's has a strong tradition in Rugby League, however they've been in the top half for a few years. Boys will be boys, St Greg's passion is definitely there, they give it their all on the pitch. That is Rugby.
    Oak_Wood likes this.
  6. Hawwy Armour Banned

Are Pius gonna take out the wooden spoon again this year or are we expecting an upset or two? I've heard their 16A's did well last year but is that gonna be enough this season?
    SpeedBump likes this.
  7. Bob McGuire Frank Nicholson (4)

I
    I think pius are pushing for a top 4 spot. I think next they will be a force to be challenged. This year will be giving the young boys the confidence to push for contention next year.
  8. Hawwy Armour Banned

I remember seeing them play Pats 16A's admittedly they were a talented backline but really lacked size in the forwards. I feel like top 4 is still a long way off for the boys at Chatswood
    SpeedBump likes this.
  9. Bob McGuire Frank Nicholson (4)

Fair. Similarly to most teams, size is a liability. Augustine's seem to be the only school who can rely in their size to get them over the line.
  10. SpeedBump Bob McCowan (2)

Personally i'd say that Pius might have an upset win during the season but will struggle with getting anything more with the lack of experience.
    Hawwy Armour and Bob McGuire like this.
  11. chatdog Frank Row (1)

U FERAL
    feral mutt likes this.
  12. chatdog Frank Row (1)

13. Warrick Stapleton Frank Row (1)

Any Predicted First XV Sides for 2019????
  14. chatdog Frank Row (1)

u dirty dirty
  15. chatdog Frank Row (1)

NO DOUBT a star performer for 16b's and pushing his way into 10. Many are questioning where marcus frigo is going to go with Iban now slotting in
  16. CutoutS Frank Row (1)

SPC First XV should be an improved side this year due to an injection of talent from the 16 A's side as well as additional strength in the 2nd XV due to a strong 16 B's side that was also close to a Premiership in 2018. Will be interesting to see how the players are placed within the side as many being strong in several positions.

The backline will hopefully improve and several key positions will need to be staffed by the correct people from the combination of player if they are to find success against teams such as Stannies and Auggies.

A problem that i could see for this St Pat's team is the size of their forward pack. It's always a problem for the Strathfield size but i'm sure they will do their best to try and be the hardest workers on the field rather than blowing teams off the park.

Hopefully the young men in the black jersey can have an improved 2019 and start showing some better performances than in previous years.
  17. Warrick Stapleton Frank Row (1)

How are Kinross fairing this year? I believe that they still have a couple of NSW schoolboys? any depth??
    NotMaxwellSmith likes this.
  18. Jordan Burns Banned

Interesting you put Pats so high. They have lacked performance over number of years. The 1st XV flanker Max Smith is not much chop. All bark no bite. Confused why Oakhill was left out? Quite ironic that pats boys stir this chat up yet cannot back up their chat on the field. just asking for some integrity in holding their word and instead of talking on this forum get to the paddock to train because everyone knows they need it.
    My predictions are:
    Auggies
    Stannies
    Kinross
    Gregs
    Oakhill
    Pius
    Pats
    Bob McGuire likes this.
  19. Jordan Burns Banned

Whilst I am a supporter of gregs not belonging in this competition i believe they have more place then pats in this competition. They show greater dedication, greater grit, greater perseverance, greater strength, greater talent and greater skills. They have overcome more then pats ever will and stood up to dominant schools and given them a run for the money. Pats are possums they play dead at home and get killed on the road, at least gregs put up a fight and make this competition interesting.
  20. Hawwy Armour Banned

Watch yourself muggle