1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2019

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by Oak_Wood, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Beast Mode Negro footy56 Banned

I tried to watch most of Pats games last season (I live in homebush, so It's closest. haha) And they were pretty average except Mark and the young Hooker, Anthony Redman (his family call him CJ) could be a breakout star, he isn't the fittest but boy can he move! boy can he hit! Hell of a lineout too!
  2. Wrecka Bob McCowan (2)

Luke Keary played at Oakhill. Ryan Papenhuyzen Oakhill 2015 is at Storm. Goddard is at Rebels
    Oak_Wood likes this.
  3. Beast Mode Negro footy56 Banned

Tell you what mate, you're right about Max Smith, that bloke digs in to every ruck and maul. That's what us footyheads love to see haha, always on his knees!
    Hawwy Armour, SpeedBump and John Eels like this.
  4. Beast Mode Negro footy56 Banned

Ok here goes nothing, i'm no gus gould but I'll try my best. haha. Here goes nothing:
    1.Pats
    2.Pius
    3.Augustines
    4.Knox (Assuming they replace Gregs. [A man can dream!])
    5.Stannies
    6.Kinross
    7.Oakhill
  5. Beast Mode Negro footy56 Banned

MORNING RUGBY BOYS! haha.

How are we? come stai? haha. What are we all most excited for ths ISA season.

6. Oak_Wood Banned

Agree wholeheartedly Bob, I don't understand why some people believe ISA would be better off without Greg's participation, as you rightly point out, they give most teams a run for their money and they've been in the top half for a few years! We need more, not fewer schools participating!
  7. Graham Richard Bob McCowan (2)

Anyone know of any trail games this Saturday with ISA teams involved?
  8. Oak_Wood Banned

Oakhill is playing Knox
  9. Graham Richard Bob McCowan (2)

Just reflecting on last year and the year before last they placed higher than pats so can i ask the discrimination against gregs stop as I believe they have proven themselves time and time again. and just let the boys play rugby.
  10. Reags42 Bob McCowan (2)

Knees
    Cuz and AllCatsandNoPussy like this.
  11. Cuz Stan Wickham (3)

Gregs playing St Edmunds just in 1st's I believe
    Bob McGuire likes this.
  12. Warrick Stapleton Frank Row (1)

I believe the inclusion of St Gregs is a positive aspect of ISA rugby. They play with size, tenacity and aggression which is key to a good rugby side. Without them, a bye round would be present and therefore less rugby being played. Having successful rugby being played out in the west is essential to the development of the game in general and pivotal to the development of players. Interesting to see how they perform this weekend against a inevitably strong Eddy's side
  13. Warrick Stapleton Frank Row (1)

How are oakhill set to front up against a predicted very strong knox side considering their poor performances last season???
  14. Oak_Wood Banned

Hi Warick, five new 1st XV starters in the pack, and mostly same backline from last years 1st XV, will be a willing contest!
  15. Oak_Wood Banned

Hi Warrick Stapleton, agree that Gregs participation is a positive for the ISA comp and I support their continued inclusion (even though the home game refereeing can be at times sub-optimal!). Good luck against Eddy's this weekend!
    La Fletche likes this.
  16. SpeedBump Bob McCowan (2)

Any results from today's trials?
  17. Central Best Chris McKivat (8)

Barker 25 Stannies 23. 1st XV
    Cold and wet and blowing a gale in Bathurst beautiful rugby weather.
    Unfortunately did not see all the game but came down to a conversion from the sideline into the wind after the siren for Stannies to draw the game.
    Both sides played some nice hard football, I think both coaches would be reasonably happy with that hit out. Stannies suffered a few injuries.
    Stannies won 13s 14s and 16s quite comfortably
    AllCatsandNoPussy likes this.
  18. Reags42 Bob McCowan (2)

Who are Pats playing this week?
    SpeedBump likes this.
  19. SpeedBump Bob McCowan (2)

SPC playing against Sydney Grammer this weekend, hopefully a big booster to start the season
    AllCatsandNoPussy and Reags42 like this.
  20. SpeedBump Bob McCowan (2)

Heard it wasn't an enjoyable day for Oakhill on the weekend. Any feedback Oak_Wood
    Reags42 likes this.