• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2024

BellowTheSternum

Frank Row (1)
On the topic is St Auggies boys this got forwarded to me a while ago. Check out the Auggies flyer Oliver McCracken

In my opinion this guy could be anything and looks like he doesn’t mess around. Got some serious toe too

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
Rumor has it that Oakhill 9 has skipped his last yr of schoolboy rugby to play colts for the Woods. Any sources on this?

Mish Bolt Out
Mish, no truth in the rumour. A bunch of year 12s were invited to train & played in some 7s tournament with the Woodies' Colts - most likely part of Woodies' recruitment exercise for 2025. So they do have 2 very decent scrumhalves to pick from out at Castle Hill. Besides the 9s, they have some very good depth in their backs as well. But you sense Auggies is still a class above them with Joe Walsh running the show. If the Below Sternum rule doesn't spoil things, the Auggies backs v Oakhill backs will be worth going out to watch at Pittwater.

Does anyone have anything on Oakhill's biggest improver, Redmond Power? I've heard he's had a huge preseason with the Eastwood Colts and is ready for a big year. Furthermore, he has undergone a major bulk throughout the off season. Eating a bowl of cheese a day leading to a 12-15kg bulk. A good insight for those young boys looking to put on size for the coming year.

B&M out

Last edited:

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
Mish, no truth in the rumour. A bunch of year 12s were invited to train & played in some 7s tournament with the Woodies' Colts - most likely part of Woodies' recruitment exercise for 2025. So they do have 2 very decent scrumhalves to pick from out at Castle Hill. Besides the 9s, they have some very good depth in their backs as well. But you sense Auggies is still a class above them with Joe Walsh running the show. If the Below Sternum rule doesn't spoil things, the Auggies backs v Oakhill backs will be worth going out to watch at Pittwater.
Agree, but I also think Walsh & Blank against their old NSW U/16 teammates Mitch Woods and Alex Conti will be the one to watch.

Not sure about the rest of the Pat’s team, but Woods/Conti have been unbelievable against the best players in the country for the Bulldogs at SG Ball this year. Especially impressive as they’re playing in the U/19 NRL Comp. Last year Woods played for Bulldogs and Conti for Tigers. This year playing together for the Dogs and you think off season training and 10+ league games together can only help their combination.

does anyone know when Pats play Auggies ?

The Lock

Frank Row (1)
Woods and Conti were easily accounted for by Auggies last year . Oakhill also managed to overcome them . There needs to be another 13 players helping in order to beat either of these teams.
Forwards will be the deciding factor.

ISA

Bob McCowan (2)
I believe it is the last game of the ISA season like last year. I could be incorrect so don't quote me on that
Agree, but I also think Walsh & Blank against their old NSW U/16 teammates Mitch Woods and Alex Conti will be the one to watch.

Not sure about the rest of the Pat’s team, but Woods/Conti have been unbelievable against the best players in the country for the Bulldogs at SG Ball this year. Especially impressive as they’re playing in the U/19 NRL Comp. Last year Woods played for Bulldogs and Conti for Tigers. This year playing together for the Dogs and you think off season training and 10+ league games together can only help their combination.

does anyone know when Pats play Auggies ?

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
Woods and Conti were easily accounted for by Auggies last year . Oakhill also managed to overcome them . There needs to be another 13 players helping in order to beat either of these teams.
Yup Auggies should be too much, but a great game to watch in the backs. Auggies forwards should win it for them, just us Joeys forwards will destroy Auggies on May 11 .

MundaysMen

Bob McCowan (2)
Does anyone have anything on Oakhill's biggest improver, Redmond Power? I've heard he's had a huge preseason with the Eastwood Colts and is ready for a big year. Furthermore, he has undergone a major bulk throughout the off season. Eating a bowl of cheese a day leading to a 12-15kg bulk. A good insight for those young boys looking to put on size for the coming year.

B&M out
I may know a thing or too B&M. Marcus Odd (2nd XV last year) is very much in the conversation for that starting prop position although the man known as "Big Bird" (Redmond Power) has asserted himself as a sheer, brute force of nature with Barbarian-esque qualities.

A great week of trials has seen the Oakhill boys battle it out for the honour of the Golden Shoulders. The 1/2's Squad has been cut down to 38 and will be cut down again by next Tuesday with two separate squads for each team. Charlie Liddicoat (3rd XV last year) has had a great pre-season and trial run and is well in the conversation for that vacant second-row spot.

MM OUT.

I may know a thing or too B&M. Marcus Odd (2nd XV last year) is very much in the conversation for that starting prop position although the man known as "Big Bird" (Redmond Power) has asserted himself as a sheer, brute force of nature with Barbarian-esque qualities.

A great week of trials has seen the Oakhill boys battle it out for the honour of the Golden Shoulders. The 1/2's Squad has been cut down to 38 and will be cut down again by next Tuesday with two separate squads for each team. Charlie Liddicoat (3rd XV last year) has had a great pre-season and trial run and is well in the conversation for that vacant second-row spot.

MM OUT.
Inside knowledge out of con 2 fresh prop harry mayhew straight of the bull paddock ready to lineup in the front row for the oakhill 1st xv, with blake gray ready to return after being broken along with taite howells and jack hannify to round out the backline

With a recent discovery of a fear of yogurt for the man they call big bird, the selectors are looking at tough nut luca caruso to compete for a place with harry “way of the wood” mayhew in the 1st xv

stupid is as stupid does
See you boys next year at mardi gras
DW CON 2
OUT

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
, just us Joeys forwards will destroy Auggies on May 11 .
I wouldn’t count Auggies out from that game if I were you! That is their first game back after returning from the world sanix championships in Japan so they will be absolutely roaring to go for the hit out against Joeys, after the Auggies u16 a’s beat joeys 16as in 2022 at hunters hill there will be a bit of feeling between the teams. Will be one of the games of the year in my opinion.
I believe it is the last game of the ISA season like last year. I could be incorrect so don't quote me on that
This is correct. August 24th at Rat Park, I think we may see a recount of last year when Auggies put on a clinic quite seamlessly.

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
I wouldn’t count Auggies out from that game if I were you! That is their first game back after returning from the world sanix championships in Japan so they will be absolutely roaring to go for the hit out against Joeys, after the Auggies u16 a’s beat joeys 16as in 2022 at hunters hill there will be a bit of feeling between the teams. Will be one of the games of the year in my opinion.

This is correct. August 24th at Rat Park, I think we may see a recount of last year when Auggies put on a clinic quite seamlessly.
Will be interesting, but be aware Joeys only had 3-4 players play 15A‘s the previous year and 16A in Auggies loss. 10-11 players from Joeys 16A’s played in the 2nds and a couple in the 1sts. Joeys 16A’s have lost 10+ games the past two seasons but the players from those teams won the GPS 2nds comp

should be a great match up !

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Spot on.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't St Pius have Michael Hooper & Luke Jones in the same side and didn't win the comp?

ISA

Bob McCowan (2)
Breaking from the Auggies camp, many of last years key 1sts players are unavailable for the trial this Sunday. Some of these players include, Aron Brennan, Joe Walsh, both the Berryman boys, Ollie Mckracken, Lewis Wilson, and Riley Osbourne. As well as Beau alexander who is a brilliant contender for the vacant no.13 jersey. As well as a flock of injuries plauging the team as well. Is something going on in the Auggies camp?