• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2024

ISA

Bob McCowan (2)
I just want to report and bring attention to Joe cook, up and coming winger from the depths of Newport, this kid has been dealing with a shoulder injury but been playing through it for the majority of last season, I think he's in for a massive year this year, pushing for ISA, as well as NSW representative honours. The Auggies flyer will be one to look out for this season.
Remember the name. Joe. Cook.
What school does he play at? If he's Newport my first guess would be Auggies?

I just want to report and bring attention to Joe cook, up and coming winger from the depths of Newport, this kid has been dealing with a shoulder injury but been playing through it for the majority of last season, I think he's in for a massive year this year, pushing for ISA, as well as NSW representative honours. The Auggies flyer will be one to look out for this season.
Remember the name. Joe. Cook.
Trust me Brumbies, we've had our eye on this kid for a while now. Although recently he has coped a few niggles here and there, he should be set to begin his first year out of school under the Waratahs program. Speed, agility, excellent defence (as seen in Auggies 2nd XV v Knox at Pittwater in 2023), fully fit - Joe Cook can be devistating for opposition.
I agree, remember the name.

WTS out.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Breaking from the Auggies camp, many of last years key 1sts players are unavailable for the trial this Sunday. Some of these players include, Aron Brennan, Joe Walsh, both the Berryman boys, Ollie Mckracken, Lewis Wilson, and Riley Osbourne. As well as Beau alexander who is a brilliant contender for the vacant no.13 jersey. As well as a flock of injuries plauging the team as well. Is something going on in the Auggies camp?
Nothing to look into, I believe Auggies would be resting almost their entirety of 1s from last year as there is no use in risking an injury for the internal trial.

ISA

Bob McCowan (2)
yes, Auggies was mentioned in the message, do you have any insight on him?
Not exactly, I do remember watching him play in 2 or 3 games for the seconds. He certainly is a player to be watched and he definitely has a pair of wheels on him.

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
Breaking from the Auggies camp, many of last years key 1sts players are unavailable for the trial this Sunday. Some of these players include, Aron Brennan, Joe Walsh, both the Berryman boys, Ollie Mckracken, Lewis Wilson, and Riley Osbourne. As well as Beau alexander who is a brilliant contender for the vacant no.13 jersey. As well as a flock of injuries plauging the team as well. Is something going on in the Auggies camp?
Berryman boys probably being rested post Matt/SG Ball. Joey Walsh being rested due to tahs commitments.

Reactions: ISA

BellowTheSternum

Frank Row (1)
blasphemous rumours, I went down and saw Oliver Mckraken play and the other supporting from the sideline clearly just being rested. while I was there some people played really well I think it could be back to back for the Auggies boys

BellowTheSternum

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone have anything on Oakhill's biggest improver, Redmond Power? I've heard he's had a huge preseason with the Eastwood Colts and is ready for a big year. Furthermore, he has undergone a major bulk throughout the off season. Eating a bowl of cheese a day leading to a 12-15kg bulk. A good insight for those young boys looking to put on size for the coming year.

B&M out
No sorry, I don't really pay attention to whats going on out at Oakhill.

Don't forget to keep the tackles bellow the sternum

I think you'll find Oakhill will shock a lot of the other teams with their brute force and physicality this year. A lot of big risers coming up from the 3rd XV from the 2023 season. It'll be a close battle between 2 front rowers for the vacant jersey. Jardyn Orsini, the hard-running, heavy-hitting boy from semi-rural Western Sydney or the pilfering and barnstorming shot doctor Irish boy Redmond Power. I will keep a close eye on this with their pre-season trials as this could be the deciding factor of their ISA season.

MundaysMen

Bob McCowan (2)
I think you'll find Oakhill will shock a lot of the other teams with their brute force and physicality this year. A lot of big risers coming up from the 3rd XV from the 2023 season. It'll be a close battle between 2 front rowers for the vacant jersey. Jardyn Orsini, the hard-running, heavy-hitting boy from semi-rural Western Sydney or the pilfering and barnstorming shot doctor Irish boy Redmond Power. I will keep a close eye on this with their pre-season trials as this could be the deciding factor of their ISA season.
Love the take B&M although you are missing out on a key front rower.

Reginald.

To those beyond the confines of Oakhill, permit me to elucidate: this Year 12 prodigy is on the cusp of making a profound impression. Having spent a year in the 3rd XV under the tutelage of the distinguished former Wallaroo, Ms. Wickert, he has meticulously refined his skills and is now poised for eminence.

Although he might not start, he could be a super sub pending the fitness of “Outback Jardyn” and “Big Bird”. Interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks.

Reginald possesses immense potential for greatness; although what truly sets apart the good from the great is the ability to harness it effectively.

MM OUT

Last edited:

ISA

Bob McCowan (2)
After watching Auggies Internal trial on the weekend it is clear that there is something to report. Auggies have obviously produced quite a few quality fly half's with Joe Walsh adding to the mix. But it seems that there are some other up and coming young guns in the younger age groups. In the 16As Jack Kalms is an extremely fast and hardworking player with an immaculate kicking game, after some research he has been in the Sydney teams as well as a candidate for the U15 Gen blue squad last year just narrowly missing out. In the 15As Wilson Ruthven has definitley proved himself to be one of the best players in the age group. His Incredible footwork, great IQ of the game and amazing kicking game he is also a very high level player even at such a young age. He was the 2023 U14 Gen Blue fly half and being the son of the new Waratahs women coach and ex Warringah rats coach Mark Ruthven he certainly has some amazing potenital.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
How come the Auggies 1st XV have no crowds at their games?

I thought the rugby culture there was pretty strong no?
I think that may be changing this year. I have seen on social media and heard of some large promotional activities for the 1st XV games this year. The school is also well renowned for their culture so crowds will be turning up in plenty for this season I am told.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
I think that may be changing this year. I have seen on social media and heard of some large promotional activities for the 1st XV games this year. The school is also well renowned for their culture so crowds will be turning up in plenty for this season I am told.
Often wondered if a lack of a home ground contributes to that. One that is purely theirs and theirs alone. One that they dont have to share with clubs

BellowTheSternum

Frank Row (1)
I know Saints have their annual Papahatzis cup against Eddies at Eddies this week I'm curious who else is startting the season this weekend or soon so I can get around for as many games as I can?

How good that Schoolboy footy is back

Don't forget to keep your tackles bellow the sternum

MundaysMen

Bob McCowan (2)
I know Saints have their annual Papahatzis cup against Eddies at Eddies this week I'm curious who else is startting the season this weekend or soon so I can get around for as many games as I can?

How good that Schoolboy footy is back

Don't forget to keep your tackles bellow the sternum
Oakhill host 2 games against Canberra Grammar @ Oakhill, Saturday 23rd of March.

The 2 teams will likely be a mix of 1st/2nd’s players, maybe even some 3’s players. Although, you expect key players to be rested.

MM OUT