• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISA Follower

Frank Nicholson (4)
Had a look at the ISA sports website. Auggies were more dominant than I realised.

They won Champion School after winning 6 titles: 1st XV(undefeated), 2nd XV (joint premiers), 16A's (undefeated), 15A's (undefeated), 15B's (undefeated), and 14A's (undefeated).

no9

Ted Fahey (11)
CAS is already a 6 team home and away comp, GPS close to the same until Grammar reviewed their decision to pull out of 1st XV in 2012 and ISA probably losing St Andrews to 2nd div and rumoured amalgamation of 2 schools to play as A's and B's.

Enlightened people might see this as an opportunity to create a competetive tiered competition between the top remaining 18 schools (10 & 8 with promotion and relegation based on 1's, 2's and 16A's results & let the younger kids just play without the pressure) but it won't happen because the fiscal bottom line will stop the headmasters agreeing to it.

Shame, could be some consistent good rugby.

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
I would love to see some pressure applied from NSWSJRU or ARU or whoever to put together an elite Sydney schools competition running for a full season over and above the GPS, CAS and ISA comps to give us a top grade competition. Who knows, it may even be seen as worth putting on TV like they do in NZ. Just think for Div 1, you take Auggies and Oakhill, add Trinity, Barker, Knox, Kings, Newington, Riverview, Joeys, Shore, Scots, Westfields, Hills and Endeavour Sports High plus a barbarians side from both CCC and AICES (Sydney based only for the latter two of course). One game each (no home and away, the boys do need to study after all). Now that would be a proper competition. No 3rd grade sides in the Waratah Shield for example. Unlikely to happen, but would be very beneficial for game in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.