• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Scott Brown - if you are referring to me as moving on and being jealous and sour grapes - you've got it all wrong mate. I just posed the question - had nothing negative to say about the lad at all. I was interested to get the views of other forum members. I'm not going to cop allegations of launching a personal attack - you're way off the mark mate.

Pedro, my understanding is ISA reps play in the 2nd round on 2/6 and train at BMG on Sunday 3/6.

Hey thanks Crofty what time do they start and what time do they finish ? Can parents go along to watch if you identify yourself to the coaching and management firstly of course ? o_O

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Who will win next week, predictions ?, glad to hear St Pats was on fire against St Augustines, we need a strong competition all round, makes whole ISA stronger in my opinion.
Kinross or Stannies next week,m Stannies at home and will have all their ISA reps playing at this stage, will only have one senior player out, and he will be back for the next game.
Stannies did not play three of their senior players last weekend.

rugbug

Stan Wickham (3)
[quote="rugbug, post: 364780, member: 7628"
I doubt the wingers name would be maree?? What about number 1? He got two tries

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Hey thanks Crofty what time do they start and what time do they finish ? Can parents go along to watch if you identify yourself to the coaching and management firstly of course ? o_O
mate not even the parents hang around, they all go in to town a have a bite and a coffee.I would not bother.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
mate not even the parents hang around, they all go in to town a have a bite and a coffee.I would not bother.
OK thanks Watch mate, yeah with the Gold program they encouraged me to turn up and help out cause I was coaching I guess, I couldn't make that so I wanted to do the right thing, as in stay away or turn up whatever.
Is the first game June 17 still, looks like CHS get a good run up to that before they play ISA.
How did the other ISA teams go on the weekend ?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Nah big guy, you've got me wrong. teachers just don't want to interact with you. which is fair enough as it's usually just parents butting in to tell them how good Johnny is, or what position is best for him or generally making their life a misery.
Spectators are fine, and I think encouraged.
Remember this a voluntary post which is in addition to their school duties. They just try and avoid any extra hassle.

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
This weekend will be a hell lot less predictable. Stannies vs Kinross will be massive as usual, Oakhill vs St Pats is probably the match of the round and Gregs vs Andrews will be important for both schools. Whereas Auggies vs Pius will be a matter of 'how much' .

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
:cool:
Hey I looked up this site and only found ISA 2nds is there going to be info on ISA 1sts please ?
Try the Schools Rugby Tribune webside http://schoolstribune.com/index367.htm It seems to be updated quicker than the official ISA site. The official site takes a bit of time because they collate results for all the teams down to the 13Ds which probably explain for the delay whereas the Tribune most likely follows the 1st XV results published on the subday papers.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hey Watch I am strictly spectator and clap good play I have been a coach and teacher and it was part of my job I was paid to do it in work hours an d never had any trouble with parents but I could only take 2 teams & so most players missed out
The coaches are excellent they can do it and I appreciate them know how much they do and am a qualified successful coach if they needed someone to run the lines get water organise anything like get the jerseys back setting up agility hats, I in appreciation for what they do & their shortsightness for putting up with my son will offer to say nil & help them out.

crofty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Couple of good posts Rugby Tears - good call on the Tribune site. These guys are putting a lot of effort into their site so thank you very much to the Tribune team.
Agree entirely with your summary of this weekend's round of fixtures. I know you've had your eye on the Kinross team this year so their local derby against the Bathurst boys will be a good marker as to how competitive they will be. Even though the match is being played at Stannies, you've have to favour a Kinross victory based on pre-season form.
Am keenly anticipating the Oakhill v Pats encounter at Oakhill. Oaks have displayed passages of brilliance this year but, at times, gaps have been exposed in both their attacking and defensive patterns. The Joeys game was a good example where they led Joys 10 nil after 20 minutes but then fell away to lose 38-10. Pats have had some impressive trial performances and although they leaked more than a few tries against Auggies the relative closeness of the result and the fact they scored multiple tries must instill a level of confidence and self belief going into this weekend. Bring it on, as they say in the classics!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Crofty, your boys will get plenty of opportunities to take 3 points , if they take them all you will build quite a scoreline without any 5 pointers.
continued infringements will be the phrase of the day I am predicting.

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
Crofty, your boys will get plenty of opportunities to take 3 points , if they take them all you will build quite a scoreline without any 5 pointers.
continued infringements will be the phrase of the day I am predicting.
This is a very interesting point because I hear Crofty's mob has a kicker who has been booting them from every corner of the paddock. It will be so close between Oakhill & St Pats, so 'take the points' maybe the way to go, Crofty !

crofty

Allen Oxlade (6)
This is a very interesting point because I hear Crofty's mob has a kicker who has been booting them from every corner of the paddock. It will be so close between Oakhill & St Pats, so 'take the points' maybe the way to go, Crofty !
In my experience 'taking the points' all day is not the Oakhill way boys. One of the attractive aspects of schoolboy rugby is the propensity of athletes from all schools to play a 15 man game (within reason) - especially when there is talent to burn out wide. Hoping to see a tough as nails encounter on Sat where the backs aren't totally excluded from the action, scoring 5 pointers is the objective of both sides and the ref isn't a pedant.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Absolutely agree with your philosophy on how the game should be played.
I will be very interested to hear your views after the game.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Who's playing where this weekend, most importantly to me, where are Greg's playing and against who? Hoping its at the College as I'll be at my brother's place in Camden on Sat and would definitely pop along if they are.

no9

Ted Fahey (11)
i'm aiming to go down & watch the match. seeing Oakhill have approx.9-10 ISA reps v St pats nil ISA reps, want to see if Oakhill are that much better. esp 12, 13, 7 & 8. based on the ISA selections, Oakhill by a mile. anything else just embarrassing. just got told St pats actually have 1 ISA rep, but he is actually a 2nd XV player that plays up when others injured.???

Nice little ploy your'e setting up here JC. According to your sentiments anything short of a thrashing will be seen as the Oakhill players not deserving their places in the ISA squads. Convenient to just forget past results and abilities. Of course this won't take into account match conditions, player injuries (playing and missing), referee descisions or any of the other variables that take place in a match. What's your call on Augustines effort last week, allowing 21 points to be scored against them surely equates to the axing of 8 or 9 players to be replaced with said Pat's boys also. I don't think anyone at Oakhill has banked the points for this weekends game yet as they plan for each game in the same manner, no matter who the opposition is and justifying selections won't be at the forefront of their concerns.

Rather than dwelling on Oakhill selections I'd be more concerned with who at St Pat's allowed a 2nd XV player to attend the trials and outperform his 1st XV schoolmates. Is he still relegated to the 2nd's or has his new found ISA status elevated him to the firsts? Does this say more about St Pats talent identification deficiencies or the ISA trials?

Status
Not open for further replies.