• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2013

Who will take out the Opens Div 1 title for ISA in 2103

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hey all, I am not at Stannies v Auggies 16As game. How is that going please ? Did big Islander Andrew play for Stannies ?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Hey all, I am not at Stannies v Auggies 16As game. How is that going please ? Did big Islander Andrew play for Stannies ?
Not sure of exact score - Augustines won something like 28-5 and also won the 15As by a lot to nil, I believe that Stannies had a good win in 14As. Info from neighbour who is a parent.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Reported score correct. 28-0 at oranges. Large loose head I am guessing you are asking about was on the field.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
1stXV augies 55-10
2nd augies 36
3rd augies four or five tries to one or two

16b Stannies much more vigorous and wanting than the Augustines team the only shining lite for the visitors in these age

pigprop

Peter Burge (5)
Oakhill vs Pius[Report to come]
1sts Around 65-14 to Oakhill- Cotton, Anderson, 14 played well for Oakhill
2nds 33-0 to Oakhill

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Div 1
Augies 55 Stannies 10
Oakhill 64 Pius 14
St Pats 41 Gregs 28
Kinross Bye

Div 2 any results?
Central Coast v Chev
Redfield v St Andrews
Redlands v All Saints

Div 3
What is happening here? any games?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Oakhill apparently beaten by Sydney JRU U17 team during the holidays.

Sounds like a bit of a surprise. Was it a full strength Oakhill team, or were kids away and consequently did a composite 1/2/3 XV represent Oakhill?

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Div 1
Augies 55 Stannies 10
Oakhill 64 Pius 14
St Pats 41 Gregs 28
Kinross Bye

Div 2 any results?
Central Coast v Chev
Redfield v St Andrews
Redlands v All Saints

Div 3
What is happening here? any games?

Chev 29 def CCGS 0

Redfield 30 def St Andrews 14

All Saints 20 def Redlands 12

Have no idea about Div 3 sorry.

Round 8 Fixtures Div 2

St Andrews v All Saints

Redlands v Chev

Central Coast v Redfield.

Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 8.19.39 PM.png

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Welcome to these threads SteveBlad.

If you intend to have any longevity here, I would advise that Statements such as:
"<Insert School name> is awesome and will win everything" or
"<Insert player name> is awesome and competes with Superman"

without any reason as to why you have formed that opinion are avoided.

By all means, make what others may consider to be outrageous statements, but please do us the honour of a line or two of rational thought as to why you hold that opinion. Do this and I am sure that you will enjoy your time here, and others will enjoy your contributions.

Is there a reason why you think St Andrews will win everything, and why do you believe that they are the strongest team.

The Competition table posted by Tom Ando suggests otherwise, and that at best it could be surmised that they are a competitive team that has lost a number of games by narrow margins. Hardly the hallmarks of a Champion Team, more like a mirror of the Waratahs year.

That being said the ISA Div 2 seems to be a relatively even and open competition with any one of Chev, Redfields, St Andrews or Central Coast Grammar capable of winning the Grand Final depending on who turns up on the day.

IMHO Chev appear to be the early favourites for the title.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Quote from troll post deleted.

Funny how the future of Australian Rugby was not announced in the Extended train on Squad for the Wallabies today, nor made it to either of the NSW Open Schoolboys teams, or Combined States.

Would you please avoid irrational hyperbole about school children?

I believe that Sportal or Facebook may be more appropriate vehicles for you to use to promote yourself, or your friends alleged sporting abilities.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Yesterdays Result with Chev and Redlands was Chev 19 def Redlands 15. Really close game with Redlands up by 1 with 10 minutes to go. Redlands certainly played well. Any other Div 2 results? And I'm not sure what the St Andrews troll comment said, but in regards to who will be the better team in such a tightly contested comp, the semi finals and finals will determine that in good time. Personally I will be looking forward to a potential St Andrews v Chev semi finals game...

BillyBlack

Allen Oxlade (6)
St Pats 36 St Pius 27
Not a game that warrants a match review, other than to say that there were numerous "off-the-ball" incidents that were disgraceful from both teams.
The referee had his hands full from the get go.
When Josh Taweel #7 scored a runaway try he was hit late by the Pius player and the referee could have dealt with the matter (with a red card there and then). It didn't require all 30 players to run in. The "All in Blue" was unnecessary and happened right in front of hundreds of St Pats Junior School students. Well done players ! That was disgraceful.
The yellow cards might have been for repeated infractions, but were also necessary in several cases to "keep the peace". Just prior to #11 Brandon Bouhmelem being kneed in the back after scoring their was a horrific spear tackle "behind play" by a Pats player. It was seen by every spectator at the ground. The referee may have been sight unseen, but the touch judge was not. The incident was not reported, but the linesman (a Pats member of staff) should have been reported.
The incident, and lack of action by the linesman was IMHO responsible for the continued foul play and niggle that continued right through the game - and while I don't condone the action of the Pius player, the late hit may well have been a "get square".
I do hope that Pats and Pius rugby and school staff speak to the players.
Year 12 players can play with a little more "who cares" approach and it is not an attractive look (especially in front of young impressionable kids).
Pats deserved the victory. The had a size and weight dominance in the forwards that they really used effectively - but that advantage was lost with red and yellow cards making it more a running game (that the bigger Pats boys didn't seem to like too much).
The loss of their strike weapon - battering ram #12 Josh Maree was taken off because of concussion, and this allowed Pius a little breathing room and they manned up in the backs and defended well. The Pius #15 (U16 Schoolboy) was strong all day.
The score was extremely close all day, and if not for the stupid and foul play that took place, it really could have been an exciting game. Unfortunately, I, and many. many parents walked away talking about the unsavoury aspects of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.