• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2014

2014 Champions

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
NSW Schools Teams have been announced.

There have been problems with the Schools Web site and a list was circulated last night by email.

Congratulations to the following ISA boys and their connections:

NSW 1
6. BSF John WALKER , St Augustines/ISA
7. OSF Lachlan ANDERSON , Oakhill College/ISA
9. Half Harrison GODDARD , Oakhill/ISA
12. IC Luke LOUGH , St Augustines/ISA
18. THP Will McRAE , St Augustines/ISA
23. OB Sione AFU , St Augustines/ISA

NSW 2
7. OSF Dechlan MOORE , St Andrews Cathedral School/ISA
8. No 8 James LOUGH , St Augustines/ISA
10. Fly half James DAY , Oakhill/ISA

Shadow
2. H Jake NETTLETON , St Augustines
3. THP Alex MASSIMO , St Gregorys
11. Wing Jordan THOMAS , St Augustines
12. IC Ned YEOMANS , Kinross
14. Wing Ben FONTAINE , St Augustines

Possible for some of the Shadow to be "promoted" when Combined States team is announced on Monday.

Monty Python

Ted Fahey (11)
NSW Schools Teams have been announced.

There have been problems with the Schools Web site and a list was circulated last night by email.

Congratulations to the following ISA boys and their connections:

NSW 1
6. BSF John WALKER , St Augustines/ISA
7. OSF Lachlan ANDERSON , Oakhill College/ISA

Congratulations to all the ISA boys who made the cut, but these two loosies are particularly impressive in my book. I remember Walker from last year's ISA campaign, and he was impressive then - all the better now for another year of growth, training and experience. Looking forward to seeing how the NSW I forward combinations gel during the tournament next week - an impressive mix of great talent.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You have a good eye for a talented youngster @Monty Python.

This year was John Walker's third Under 18 Schools Champs as an ISA representative. He first played in ISA Opens in 2012 as an Under 16.

Luke Lough will most likely follow the same path over the next two years, although unlike Lough Jnr, Walker did not make NSW Open Schoolboys team as an Under 16. Walker "only" made NSW Under 16's.

Monty Python

Ted Fahey (11)
This year was John Walker's third Under 18 Schools Champs as an ISA representative. He first played in ISA Opens in 2012 as an Under 16.
He certainly has that air of experience and confidence about him - makes more sense knowing this. Glad he's playing for NSW, not against us.

Cyclops

Stan Wickham (3)
It wasn't a pretty game at Barker on Saturday Morning. The weather and facilities were perfect, but the rugby was a little rusty. The holiday cobwebs seemed to have a firm grasp on the play today.

At times, this looked like a competition for who wanted to lose the most. Barker chose the 'butter fingers' approach. Most of their promising attacking raids ended with a dropped ball. They could have done a lot more with their opportunities; they scored 3 good tries and should have gone closer to scoring more.

On the other hand, St Pats errors were a mixed bag; a ludicrous series of box kicks; it just wasn't a good day for kickers, all-round. Pat's missed some 'kickable' conversions and a penalty goal that should have closed out the game much sooner.

The rucks and mauls were shabby, the teams had agreed to forget the rules at the breakdown. There were several penalties available at each ruck and the ref chose to distribute them evenly.

Despite all this, it was an entertaining game and a solid win for Pat's. Their no-name forwards were dominant, they won the game through the middle. Pick and drives and short pass running was really impressive. The variety of ball distribution around the ruck was a feature of their play and just gets better and better.

Barker looked more impressive out wide. There were opportunities down the flanks and this is where they scored their 3 tries. The unusually perfect weather seemed to play havoc with their hands. I suppose the low sun didn't help. Both teams were guilty of dropping 'sitters'.

The second half breakdown got worse and the yellow cards started to flow. The ref told the captains that there would be no one left on the field, if the fouls did not cease. This had absolutely no effect. But in the midst of this, Barker was able to mount a comeback. The last quarter belonged to Barker, as they chased down a 3 try lead. Things started working for them and the sniff of the lead was enough to have the Pat's supporters squirming. As always, when your lead is dwindling, the second half lasts forever. Finally the whistle went and Pat's came away with a deserved win. They were the best team on the paddock.

Play of the day:
2 points: The ref failed to consult the third umpire (there were many available in the stands) on a possible try to Pat's, which was close to the dead-ball line.

1 Point: The sausage sizzle for the players was a treat. Parents were green with envy as the aroma from the BBQ tempted their taste buds. When their sons came back to report that "they're free", some parents broke down into tears.

Cyclops

Stan Wickham (3)
Thanks Robert. I haven't heard much about Greg's this year. Are you talking about their opens? I didn't think they had 3rds and 4ths in Rugby Union.

Keep us posted on how they are going. We haven't seen all their trial and ISA results.

Robert uribarri

Bob McCowan (2)
No worries cyclops, yes, gregs have 2nds,3rds and 4ths in opens, I follow 4ths this season as my son plays here, this saturday we receive stannies, then augies and kinross.Our troubles in 1sts relate to a few players having to trial for reps in league and others playing for country.If we could get all our players available to play, I assure you we'd give auggies, pats and oakies a really big headache

Robert uribarri

Bob McCowan (2)
Some games this season, up to six boys from 2nds have had to fill in for firsts.Our 4ths play against 4th,5ths and 6ths and haven't lost a game yet.3rds the same and 2nds are winning as well.

Cyclops

Stan Wickham (3)
Thanks Robert, great to hear St Greg's has so much depth of talent, playing rugby.

Pat's travel away this Saturday to meet Pius at Oxford Falls. This is always a tightly contested match. Pius always play hard and there will be a heap of supporters to fire up their team.

My prediction 21 - all, in a thriller.

Mraz

Frank Row (1)
Thanks Robert, great to hear St Greg's has so much depth of talent, playing rugby.

Pat's travel away this Saturday to meet Pius at Oxford Falls. This is always a tightly contested match. Pius always play hard and there will be a heap of supporters to fire up their team.

My prediction 21 - all, in a thriller.

Should be a cracking day of Rugby at Oxford Falls!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Were there any poor frozen souls away at Bathurst vs Stannies (and vs All Saints - Div 2) or at Orange vs Kinross?

Status
Not open for further replies.