• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2015

ISA Title

• Oakhill

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • St Augustines

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Kinross

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Stannies

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • St Pius

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • St Gregs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St Pats

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
the southerly is dying, though I have seen that schoolboys do get a little confused as to when and how to use the wind or sideline. A strong boot could cause a world of pain if directed poorly ...... ask any wallaby fan that watched the debacle in Newcastle around 4 years ago....was it that long:eek:

I am sure the pig skin feeling warm and safe will have flash backs to happier days of suckling and fighting its siblings for a teat when nestled in the loving breast of the Augies drove.
On release will be subject to the cold harsh realities of life and remember the trip to the abattoir as Oak Hill will use the sideline and open space hoping to tire the Augies sounder by running them around. Having six grades the team from the hills should be able to

between the lines
maintain the contest at all aspects of the game

I thinks Augies will want them to

there is plenty of room between the lines,
read what you will.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Saint Augs 11 Oakhill 13.

Very close game, nothing in it, but a few calls that went Oakhill's way unfortunately, if you're a Auggies supporter.
Lough got shut down a bit, good plan by Oakhill.

Harrison Goddard got two penalties and a conversion for Oakhill but Jack Ongosia for Saints scored the try and two penalties. MOM for me.

16As about 31-0, and Auggies missing three integral players.

I'm sure someone else can do a more comprehensive match report than me on the 1sts game.

Blindside63

Stan Wickham (3)

Very close game, nothing in it, but a few calls that went Oakhill's way unfortunately, if you're a Auggies supporter.

Harrison Goddard got two penalties and a conversion for Oakhill but Jack Ongosia for Saints scored the try and two penalties. MOM for me.

I'm sure someone else can do a more comprehensive match report than me on the 1sts game.

It was a very close game and Rugby has many, many calls in every game that can go either way. Oakhill supporters also though some close calls went to Auggies. In particular the penalty that put Auggies in front with 5 to go.

Auggies dominated early and seemed to do well whenever they passed the ball around. Oakhill hung on in the first half and came home with the wind in the second half.

While the Auggies 10 was dominant my MOM would come from the winning team, probably one of the forwards - Robson or Anderson with strong game also from Goddard.

Auggies dominated in all of the age groups while Oakhill ended up on top in the Opens, winning the 4ths 50+ to nil, 3rds 50+ to 5 and the drawing the 2nds 10 all.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
It would seem Kellyville kitchens have a new supplier of kitchen appliances and plumbing products. St Augustin's lads threw all of this and more at the Oakhill lads today and couldn't come away with the chocolates.
Champion teams find ways to win games when under pressure....Oak Hill did this today
On not less than three occasions (possibly more) Saints failed to convert significant try scoring opportunities. Oak Hill scored against the run of play in the one try a piece fair.

I didn't see enough from what should have been a fired up Oak Hill team to be convinced they wont be challenged by other strong ISA teams on a given day especially if they play away from home.

Saint Augustines did plenty of dominating in just about every aspect of the game, but failed to score the points needed ....minor tactical errors and finishing technique cost them this game. As we know refs are never wrong but some charismatic stroking of the referee may help them salvage a more even share of the 50/50s. They will be grateful for having the home ground advantage against Stannies and Pats at Rat park this year

I believe there are some teams outside of this association that are performing well this year so the rematch (or berth for either) in the Waratah shield final may not be such a sure thing without improvement from both teams.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

My neighbour tells me 13A, 14A & 15A games all to Augustines by fairly convincing margins.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Fairly full footage of the game for those who missed it, and any analysts. Strangely enough, just like last week, the eventual difference between the scores was a Harrison Goddard conversion...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nice article from the Manly Daily about Augies and their partnership with Beyond Blue. Explains why they wore blue yesterday instead of their traditional mustard yellow.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-is-beyond-brave/story-fngr8iii-1227361871720

Captain Jack Nettleton is an impressive and mature young man.

871692-ff3e3070-fecd-11e4-97ab-14e5b077093f.jpg

Pix: Manly Daily

Blindside63

Stan Wickham (3)
I just had a look at the ISA website and it looks as though St Gregs had a 41 - 8 win over Pius. Anyone have the SPC v Kinross result?

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)

Very close game, nothing in it, .
Was particularly tense at the end, Auggies were behind 8-10, then Ongosia kicked over a penalty to take the lead 11-10 with 3mins left on the clock. After a very quick restart Oakhill then won a penalty & Goddard kicked over to retake the lead, with now just 80 secs left. Both were great pressure kicks, well done guys.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Be hard to get last weeks tips more wrong.:confused:

Results were:
23/5 round 1
Augies 11 Oakhill 13
Stannies v The Bye
Kinross 15 St Pats 23
St Gregs 41 St Pius 8

To look forward to:
30/5 round 2
Augies v Stannies (Pittwater Park). Tipping Augies to win by plenty
Kinross v The Bye - actually SGS at home
Oakhill v St Pius (Castle Hill). Oakhill could play their 2nd XV in this game and they'd still win.
St Pats v St Gregs (Campbelltown). Eating my "notoriously slow starters" words from last week and tipping Gregs to win at home in a close game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Results ISA Div 2
Round 1 - 2 May: [All games postponed or Cancelled]
St Andrews vs All Saints - St Andrews College Oval, Camperdown
Redfields vs Central Coast Grammar - Redfields College, Dural
Redlands vs Chevalier - Macquarie Uni Fields, Marsfield

Round 2 - 9 May:
Redfields 50 def Redlands 0 Redfields College, Dural
Chevalier 31 def All Saints 13 Burradoo
Central Coast Grammar 10 def by St Andrews 17- CCGS, Erina

Round 3 - 16 May:
Chevalier 7 def by Redfields 41- Burradoo
All Saints 0 def by Central Coast Grammar 32 - Bathurst
Redlands 7 def by St Andrews 34 - Macquarie Uni Fields, Marsfield

Round 4 - 23 May:
All Saints 13 Redfields 43 - Bathurst
St Andrews 22 Chevalier 15 - St Andrews College Oval, Camperdown
Central Coast Grammar 50 Redlands 0- CCGS, Erina

Table:
1. Redfield College - 15 points
2. St Andrews Cathedral School - 14 points
3. Central Coast Grammar School - 11 points
4. Chevalier College - 6 points
5. All Saints College - 0 points
6. SCECGS Redlands - 0 points

To come:
Round 5 - 30 May:
Redfields vs St Andrews - Redfields College, Dural
Redlands vs All Saints - Macquarie Uni Fields, Marsfield
Chevalier vs Central Coast Grammar (inference)

Round 6 - 13 June:
Central Coast Grammar vs Redfields - CCGS, Erina
All Saints vs St Andrews - Bathurst
Chevalier vs Redlands - Burradoo

Round 7 - 18 July:
Redlands vs Redfields - Macquarie Uni Fields, Marsfield
All Saints vs Chevalier - Bathurst
St Andrews vs Central Coast - St Andrews College Oval, Camperdown

Round 8 - 25 July:
Redfields vs Chevalier - Redfields College, Dural
Central Coast Grammar vs All Saints - CCGS, Erina
St Andrews vs Redlands - St Andrews College Oval, Camperdown

Round 9 - 1 August:
Redfields vs All Saints - Redfields College, Dural
Chevalier vs St Andrews - Burradoo
Redlands vs Central Coast Grammar - Macquarie Uni Fields, Marsfield

Round 10 - 8 August:
St Andrews vs Redfields - St Andrews College Oval, Camperdown
All Saints vs Redlands - Bathurst
Chevalier vs Central Coast Grammar (inference)

http://www.isa.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)

Results were:
23/5 round 1
Augies 11 Oakhill 13
Stannies v The Bye
Kinross 15 St Pats 23
St Gregs 41 St Pius 8

To look forward to:
30/5 round 2
Oakhill v St Pius (Castle Hill). Oakhill could play their 2nd XV in this game and they'd still win.
St Pats v St Gregs (Campbelltown). Eating my "notoriously slow starters" words from last week and tipping Gregs to win at home in a close game.

Apparently Pius were up 8-0 after about 10 mins, so Gregs did start a little slow.
Whether Pius thought it would be easy and took the foot off the gas or Gregs woke up, I don't know.

Also the Pius 16A team (tipped by some to be favourites for the title), lost for the first time to Gregs.

oakhilldad

Stan Wickham (3)

Results were:
23/5 round 1
Augies 11 Oakhill 13
Stannies v The Bye
Kinross 15 St Pats 23
St Gregs 41 St Pius 8

To look forward to:
30/5 round 2

Oakhill 2nd XV are playing Oakhill 3rds.
Oakhill 4th are matched against St Pius 2nds this Saturday.

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
I highly recommend the next time your school plays Auggies, go watch the 13As game. The Auggies 13As is a fantastic unit playing high tempo and skilled rugby. Don't worry about the scoreboard, just enjoy watching what these little fellas can do running with the ball.

Deerhunter007

Frank Nicholson (4)
Preview of weekends games ISA Div 1

Auggies v Stannies - Both teams coming in with some early season form and Auggies will be wanting retribution for last weeks loss at home on their Gala Day on the bell, where Goddard hushed the crowd with his long range penalty kick to silence some poor sporting Auggies fans, whom were heckling and calling out as he lined up for the penalty kick. However, the boys from Bathurst, well rested after a weekend off, would be keen to get stuck-in for their first comp game, and it should be a willing battle. The Auggies forward packs size and dominance will be a telling factor, however the Stannies guys play with physicallity and heart and I sense a upset on the cards. I recall that these two teams finished 1st and 2nd respectively in the 16A's two years ago. I'm tipping Stannies in a close one, by 2.

Oakhill v Pius - Oakhill to continue their dominance should easlily account for the boys from Oxford Fall, especially at home. Oakhill by 28.

St Gregs v St Pats - Both teams coming off wins last week so confidence will be high. However St Pats away are certainly not as strong as they are at home. Not sure of the availability of the league guys for Gregs, however I'm tipping the boys from Macarthur to do the job on thier inner city dwelling cousins. Gregs by 8.

Kinross has the bye.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
The reported heckling was a source of embarrassment and it was good to participants have been duly admonished.
I would hope that all schools whether hosts or visitors were capable of using a mirror so well

if oaks only win by 28 it would be a disappointment to them

forwards decide who wins and backs by how much may be a point of reflection for Augies

ruggaman

Frank Row (1)

Results were:
23/5 round 1
Augies 11 Oakhill 13
Stannies v The Bye
Kinross 15 St Pats 23
St Gregs 41 St Pius 8

To look forward to:
30/5 round 2
Word out there is that the Stannies captain will undergo a fitness test to see if he can play on Saturday, this coupled with the team being unable to train properly for the last 2 weeks due to the vast majority being sick with the flu should make it an easy day for the Auggies lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.