• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2015

ISA Title

• Oakhill

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • St Augustines

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Kinross

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Stannies

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • St Pius

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • St Gregs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St Pats

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Ben Dover from last September suggested
I agree Shane Smeltz!!!

Perhaps an ISA 1st XV prediction is on the cards.. Ill have a crack at it- Feel free to add players as I do not know all the possibilities.
Based on returning players and players in form from the 2014 season.

1. A.Graham (Oakhill)/E.Afu (Auggies)
2. J.Nettleton (Auggies)
3. W.Mcrae (Auggies)
4. E.Faatui (Auggies)
5. L.Robson (Oakhill)
6. M.Hingano (Auggies)/T.Rumore (Pats)
7. L.Anderson (Oakhill)
8. ?
9. H.Goddard (Oakhill)
10. ?
11. ?
12. L.Lough (Auggies)
13. B.Hopoate (Auggies)
14. H.O'toole (Auggies) - Selected for ISA 1's then pulled out due to injury.
15. F.Toohey (Pius)
A pretty good start

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I understand Augustine's played Oakhill today in the age groups only - have heard that 14, 15 & 16 A games all went to Augustine's. (not an easy feat up at Oakhill)

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
St Pius vs St Pats - Oxford Falls
16A
Led by a strong front row the Pius forwards dominated the scrums and gave the backs good ball on the front foot.
They spread the ball wide kicked through and chased in numbers putting the Pats defenders under pressure.
H/T 24-0 to Pius
More of the same in the 2nd half
F/T 43-0 to Pius

Very impressive display from the Pius 16A's, I am sure many of these boys will be in the firsts next year.

2nds (vs Pats 4ths)
Pius scored with the first touch of the ball. The Pius No 11 picked up a loose ball and beat 4 defenders to score out wide
5-0
Pats then controlled possession with good forward pick and drive.
2nd time Pius got possession in good field position they scored with a good forward drive
10-0
Penalty on halfway to Pius, quick tap to the Pius No 2 ran through the middle of the Pats defense and scored under the posts
Converted
17-0
Try to Pius 11 under the posts from broken play
Converted
24-0
Try out wide to Pius 11
Converted
Half time
31-0
Scrappy 2nd half with Pats forwards controlling possession a bit better and not giving the Pius boys much field position .
After a kick and chase Pius scored next to the posts.
Converted
38-0
Full time

1st
Pius started well forcing a penalty from the kick off.
Pressured the Pats line but couldn't convert.
Pats forced the turnover kicked down field.
Pats held possession around half way worked the ball upfield through some good forward runs.
Continued pressure form Pats resulted in a 5 yard scrum, a good back line move saw a Pats try wide out.
5-0

Again Pius forced an error from the kick off
Play and back and forth quick tap forced a penalty
5-3

From the kick off the Pats winger 14 took a flying catch from the kick off, couple of plays later Pats scored next to the posts.
Converted
12-3

Again Pius forced a turnover from the kick off and were held up after several good phases.

A Pius quick tap from a scrum penalty resulted in a turnover to Pats, Pats kicked down field but was quickly turned over by Pius.
Scrum ball tight head to Pius, down the side line and into touch.
Pius steal the line out and attack out wide.
Pats defense too strong.
Charge down kick Pats line out 10 meters from the Pius line, Pius steal the line out again.
Pats defend their line strongly spills out of the ruck and Pats kick it out downfield.
After some play a penalty to Pats they find touch 40 out from the Pus line.

Penalty to Pats 30 out scrum called.
Pats work the ball to the 22 where the Pats 10 breaks the line passes inside to the Pats 15 scores next to the posts.
Converted
19-3 at half time

From the kickoff the Pats14 takes the ball again.
Play bogs down around half way
From a Pius line out the half knocks scrum on, from the subsequent scrum Pats kick downfield the Pius winger knocks on.
Pats run it and the ball ends up in touch
Scrappy play around the 10 meter line.
The Pats 10 swings a clever pass to the Pats 15, scores next to the posts
26-3
After some sustained pressure the Pius 3 scores out wide
Converted
26-10
After mixed play from both sides the Pats 10 is binned for repeated off sides
Pats work the ball down field and the Pats 12 weaves through the defense and scores next or the posts
Converted
33-10

Penalty to Pats they kick deep to 5 mtrs out from the line out work it midfield and score next to the posts
Converted
40-10

Play back and forth Pats 5 binned for a shoulder charge.
Full time
40-10 to Pats

The best player on the field was the Pats 10 who controlled the Pats ball with a clever mix of running, kicking and short and long passing.
The small Pius pack played out of their skins and surprised the Pats forwards, however the Pius backs looked slow and disjointed. Noted that Fraser Toohey was out with an hamstring strain injury in the ISA trials.

The difference was that whenever Pius made a mistake and turned over the ball the Pats boys made them pay.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Some footage from Castle Hill yesterday, I didn't edit much cos it was a good flowing game. In the end, the difference between the '3 tries a piece' scoreline was Goddards conversion from the touchline >

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
there seems to be more chatter about ISA Teams on other threads
a shame really

Oaks seem to have racked up a few impressive results in the trials
they should be confident going into this Saturdays top of the table clash.
though touted as a "final"
It is well within the powers of Bathurst or Strathfield to snatch a surprise wine from either of the higher ranked teams
with the bonus point system in place wining is not the only prize but it helps

Ben Dover

Frank Nicholson (4)
CLASH OF THE HEAVY WEIGHTS*

Oakhill College Vs. St. Augustines College

Both teams coming off some impressive wins, both managing to take the scalps of some of GPS's finest.
From what i've seen of Oakhill, they have a slick and impressive back line (particularly outside backs- and Goddard)
And from what i've heard about Augustines, is their dominant pack and big backs.

All the chat will go out the window post Saturday's clash.
Going to be a ripper of a match and i would say IMHO there will be a large attendance!!
Anyone else to contribute to the preview?? thought i should put a bit of a preview together seeing it bothered @sarcophilus that the ISA don't 'Chat it up' so to speak ;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Results ISA Div 2
Round 1 - 2 May: [All games postponed or Cancelled]
St Andrews vs All Saints - St Andrews College Oval, Camperdown
Redfields vs Central Coast Grammar - Redfields College, Dural
Redlands vs Chevalier - Macquarie Uni Fields, Marsfield

Round 2 - 9 May:
Redfields 50 def Redlands 0 Redfields College, Dural
Chevalier 31 def All Saints 13 Burradoo
Central Coast 10 def by St Andrews 17- CCGS, Erina

Round 3 - 16 May:
Chevalier 7 def by Redfields 41- Burradoo
All Saints 0 def by Central Coast Grammar 32 - Bathurst
Redlands 7 def by St Andrews 34 - Macquarie Uni Fields, Marsfield

To come:
Round 4 - 23 May:
All Saints vs Redfields - Bathurst
St Andrews vs Chevalier - St Andrews College Oval, Camperdown
Central Coast Grammar vs Redlands (inference)

Round 5 - 30 May:
Redfields vs St Andrews - Redfields College, Dural
Redlands vs All Saints - Macquarie Uni Fields, Marsfield
Chevalier vs Central Coast Grammar (inference)

Round 6 - 13 June:
Central Coast Grammar vs Redfields - CCGS, Erina
All Saints vs St Andrews - Bathurst
Chevalier vs Redlands - Burradoo

Round 7 - 18 July:
Redlands vs Redfields - Macquarie Uni Fields, Marsfield
All Saints vs Chevalier - Bathurst
St Andrews vs Central Coast - St Andrews College Oval, Camperdown

Round 8 - 25 July:
Redfields vs Chevalier - Redfields College, Dural
Central Coast Grammar vs All Saints - CCGS, Erina
St Andrews vs Redlands - St Andrews College Oval, Camperdown

Round 9 - 1 August:
Redfields vs All Saints - Redfields College, Dural
Chevalier vs St Andrews - Burradoo
Central Coast Grammar vs Redlands (inference)

Round 10 - 8 August:
St Andrews vs Redfields - St Andrews College Oval, Camperdown
All Saints vs Redlands - Bathurst
Chevalier vs Central Coast Grammar (inference)

http://www.isa.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Enjoyed it up until the 26th min mark when I heard the music rapper guy was telling me to shut the f!!!!!!! Up ... Oaks did bomb a try under the goalposts.as well
Sorry bout my choice of music! I put some music to it to lessen the harsh wind noise picked up on the camera's microphone, and to obscure any chat from spectators nearby [in case they are quietly slagging off the headmaster or someone who's having a bad game etc]. I don't want to remove the sound entirely because I like to hear the whistle & any crowd oos & ahs. Also, a bit of a beat 'appears' to make the pace of the game faster and more watchable [??]...clearly classical music wouldn't work.

Rugby Ref

Herbert Moran (7)
With David Knox (ex-wallaby) coach of Sydney High, and Francis Cullimore (ex-all black) coach of St.Pius, you would expect both teams to be primed and ready for this trial match at Mackay Oval Centennial Park. St.Pats had played both teams leading up to this game; St.Pats played High during the week for a Waratahs Shield match and won by 30-40, and St.Pats had played Pius the weekend before and had also won by 30.

The breakdown was fiercely contested by both teams willing to secure possession, and a high paced match ensued.

First scoring went to Pius with a simple scrum move close to the High line. High, in the first half, were held up over the line twice, and eventually scored after further raids on the Pius line.

Pius #7 and captain was binned mid first half for a dangerous tackle/ tip tackle, but High could not capitalise with the man down.

A try against the run of play for Pius saw them leading at half time with the score 14-12.

The second half started much as the first – both teams competing for the ball fiercely, and there was no quarter given by both teams. The Pius scrum was (slightly) stronger than High’s, and Pius’ stronger forward pack eventually ground down the somewhat lighter High forwards.

While High scored one more try in the second half, Pius put on 3 x more. High did have some chances to further score, but crucial handling errors with space open prevented them adding to their scoreline.

The best players for High were the captain and #9, the #8 who was everywhere, and the #7 - despite infringing a few times.

The best for Pius was the captain and #7 who led his team well around the park and at the breakdown, the #2 had a strong game, and the #15.

The game was played in reasonably good spirits between the two teams, as apparently the corresponding fixture last year had a few players carded and some unsavoury incidents occurred. I believe both schools will take away positives from this match for their next weekends fixtures.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
CLASH OF THE HEAVY WEIGHTS*

Oakhill College Vs. St. Augustines College

Both teams coming off some impressive wins, both managing to take the scalps of some of GPS's finest.
From what i've seen of Oakhill, they have a slick and impressive back line (particularly outside backs- and Goddard)
And from what i've heard about Augustines, is their dominant pack and big backs.

All the chat will go out the window post Saturday's clash.
Going to be a ripper of a match and i would say IMHO there will be a large attendance!!
Anyone else to contribute to the preview?? thought i should put a bit of a preview together seeing it bothered @sarcophilus that the ISA don't 'Chat it up' so to speak ;)

Probably the biggest game of the ISA Div 1 and this (^^^^) is all the banter so far? Time to lift your game ISA supporters.

I reckon there are some nervous folk on the Peninsular, and out in the Hills.

Hugh's Tips.
23/5 round 1
Augies v Oakhill. Augies piggies should probably carry the day in a cracker of a game. Fortuitously, for the ISA Rep team chances, this game is not close to the ISA games against CAS and CHS, because there will be some lads carrying some bumps and bruises tomorrow evening. It may be a rare double: Waratah Shield and ISA for the Brookvale boys. Augies by < 10.

Stannies v The Bye. Simples. Stannies will rest many of their top players and consequently will struggle to get more then 28 points against The Bye.

Kinross v St Pats. Pats on the Breen Oval are always a tough gig, and like a good Guinness stout, Kinross don't travel all that well. Pats to win by 7-15.

St Gregs v St Pius. Gregs are notoriously slow starters so it's Pius for the chocolates in a good old fashioned arm wrestle of a match. Pius by 7-15.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Thanks for the rev up Hugh

This Saturday is back to saints day at Rat Park will also be an awareness/fundraiser day for Beyond Blue

I am hoping the Brookvale lads fire up for this one (properly) I don't know that they have got out of cruise mode in the trials so far this season. Too many chances have been left on the field
I expect Oaks will be hungry for the full game and wont be allow Augies slip into their too frequent mid game torpor without punishment.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Pity about the weather for this one. Howling southerly coming into Rat Park will have a significant impact. With a good kicker on the other team, it's almost impossible to get out of your own 22 in these conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.