• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jake White Quits Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We should wait until we get the final story before slagging him. There might be a very justified reason for him to go.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
This shits me, how can someone walk out two years early on a contract with no consequences?

Jakes a pretty decent fella from all accounts, maybe his sick or has sick family.. or possible been offered an international job.. Lets wait and see...

Now who can be coach we so far have the following listed.

Robbie Deans
Todd Louden
**Laurie Fisher
** Bernie Larkham
I would throw out as well that George Gregan is now available to coach as his not on the ARU Board any more ?

Who do you think.. Best Luck to Jake, Thanks for the great work... Hope Poecock aint cranky !!

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
If he is leaving for the reason reported (that he missed out on the Wallaby job), I think it validates the ARU's decision not to pick him as coach.

There was talk months ago that White was seeking Australian citizenship and still hoped to coach the wallabies after Mckenzie. If that was the case I would have loved for him to be coach because he would have demonstrated through his actions that he was here for the right reasons.

I think his actions since show he isn't worthy of the honour.

But I'd like to hear Whites side of the story as well.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Sad news for Aus Rugby. Jake was doing an excellent job at the Brumbies but now there will always be the feeling of a project half complete. New coach will take the Brums in their own direction for better or worse.

Will be interesting to see where Jake goes. One thing that can't be denied is that up until his announcement he did a lot for Aus rugby and the Brumbies in particular.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The players would have had no idea this was coming since they're all over the place with Wallabies and off-season holidays.

Imagine some are pissed off.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
In the other code it seems common these days for players to have a get out clause in their contract if the coach leaves, hoping that's not the case with any of the Brumbies' players

T

Train Without a Station

Does anybody else find the reports that this is linked to him being upset about being overlooked for the Wallabies role very odd?

That's essentially saying he's leaving, because he missed out on the job that he would have left for anyway... Must be more to it.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Plot twist - he takes over in Argentina, brings in MacQueen as an assistant, the team of Jake White, Graham Henry and Rod MacQueen win the 2015 RWC with Argentina.

But in all seriousness this is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.