• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jake White Quits Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
^^^We'll take Bam Bam if you don't want him.

What's this? Vultures hovering over the bones already?

Don't know what to think about Jake leaving. Don't think it would be to take up a gig at home (in SA). Why sign here for four years with the Wallabies as the end game if he didn't think he could stay the distance? All indications are that he could still get the Wallabies after Link. On the other hand, hope there isn't any serious health problem involved.

He did a great job with the Brumbies in two years, and for that I am thankful.

His replacement? Eddie Jones - hope not. Deans - would cause a fan (and probably player) revolt. Louden - highly recommended by HJ and CV reads good. Maybe an option. Bernie - would be popular with the fans. Surely an option. The Lord - been there done that. Still an option. Any others?

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Of course Jake White would've done a better job than Ewen, you only need to see the style of play at Super Rugby to know that.

Do not buy the homesick line one bit. After all he wanted the Aus job - doesn't exactly keep you at home does it.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I think this is all bullshit.

The ARU made the right call with Link. What the hell kind of a message would that send, hiring another foreigner? We're Australian, and should be coached by an Australian. Not because of how we play, but because it's demeaning having to admit that we're just not good enough at rugby to have someone coach our own team.

And wy the hell is White upset? The ARU are dishonest are they? Well how about your fucking contract, Jake. You signed for 4 years, until 2015. You signed a shitload of players, telling them you were going to be around until 2015 as their coach.

I think it's pretty fucking dishonest to lie to them, lie to the fans, get upset because the ARU didn't sign you WHEN YOU WERE ALREADY CONTRACTED TO ANOTHER TEAM! Where is the honesty in that?!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
http://m.foxsports.com.au/rugby/sup...ies-coaching-job/story-e6frf4qu-1226727243271

If what's implied in this article is true I don't blame him. He's an awesome coach. Australia's agenda at needing an Australia coach (which is absurd to say the least) has bitten them on the ass.

My opinion is Jake would have done a better job then link at this stage.
If what is implied in that article is true: His status as a great coach is not in doubt, but is it really fair for him to break a contract half way through, just because he feels miffed that he missed an(other) opportunity that would have seen him break a contract halfway through?

I read somewhere that he may be seriously wifed, in which case he has made the right call (and I hope that is the case - he really doesn't come across as the kinda guy to not finish what he has started).

Also: Canberra.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
So Brumbieman you'd rather watch Australia get smashed by South Africa and New Zealand teams rather then hire the best man for the job?

Rugby is a professional sport. It doesn't matter where the coach was born, only the players. We should get the right man for the job.

Brumbieman by logic he should never have been hired in the first place.

I'm not saying its fair that he should walk out on a contract. I'm just saying I understand why and don't hold it against. From the sounds of things what the ARU did is fucked.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The players would have had no idea this was coming since they're all over the place with Wallabies and off-season holidays.

Imagine some are pissed off.

Hopefully they feel inspired to hurt some Saffers.

I think this late in the year Fisher should probably get the job. Be very hard for someone new to come in.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If what is implied in that article is true: His status as a great coach is not in doubt, but is it really fair for him to break a contract half way through, just because he feels miffed that he missed an(other) opportunity that would have seen him break a contract halfway through?

I read somewhere that he may be seriously wifed, in which case he has made the right call (and I hope that is the case - he really doesn't come across as the kinda guy to not finish what he has started).

Also: Canberra.

Have you met the guy?

There is probably more to this than most people know/think

And thanks for the Canberra bashing. Adds nothing.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's kind of strange that a bloke resigns from a job because a different employer did not give him a different job.
Much as I think this bad news for oz rugby and may have implications for Saturdays test in my mind's eye I can't help seeing a cot and some toys on the floor around it.

biltong

Stan Wickham (3)
I think this is all bullshit.

The ARU made the right call with Link. What the hell kind of a message would that send, hiring another foreigner? We're Australian, and should be coached by an Australian. Not because of how we play, but because it's demeaning having to admit that we're just not good enough at rugby to have someone coach our own team.

Do you feel the same way about the players that represent Australia as well?

Or is it just the coach that must be Australian?

Status
Not open for further replies.