• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jake White Quits Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I wish him all the best for the future. As somebody said, there are two classes of coach, those who have been sacked, and those who are waiting to be sacked. He did a great job for the Brumbies, showed them, and us, what great conditioning and good coaching can do for some average players.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
re Robbie, did you see digby piece on fox Sports?

Yeah, it was a good article. Doesn't really change my mind about Dingo though. I'm sure he's a lovely guy, but his total inflexibility while coaching, and lottery style selections have done my head in for now, I need a break.

Anyone who tries to emulate the Crusaders gameplan, and then faisl to select the players who are actually capable of playing that gameplan, is a bit odd to me.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
The difference between Jake White and Jim Spithill: Jake didn't get his own way (as Wallabies coach), so he took his ball and kicking tee and went home.
Jim Spithill said, "shit these Kiwis may be 8-1 ahead in the America's Cup, but we can still beat these bastards"!
Good luck in 2014 Jake, but we Aussies are made of better stuff, ( you may learn to understand that one day)!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Mr Doug, Where were all you Jimmy Spithill (and Tom Slingsby) supporters on the America's cup thread?

It was a pretty lonely discussion that aeneas and I were having for most of the cup.

And on the cup, if I can continue the thread hijack, Did you know that NZ Americas cup lucky token is Peter Blake inspired "Lucky Red Socks"?
Sound familiar Mr Doug?

Blake's "lucky red socks" (a present from his wife) became something of a trademark. It was commonplace to see New Zealanders sport red socks or fly them from car aerials during the Cup races and a highly successful "fundraising edition" of official red socks emblazoned with the sail numbers of the two NZL yachts was produced to help fund the syndicate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Blake_(yachtsman)

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the cynic in me suggests that citing "family reasons" is a very easy, face-saving way to get out of a contract you don't want to be in. Who's going to reproach you for that? It's incontestable and unverifiable.

The fact that he immediately has a job to switch to doesn't help.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The difference between Jake White and Jim Spithill: Jake didn't get his own way (as Wallabies coach), so he took his ball and kicking tee and went home.
Jim Spithill said, "shit these Kiwis may be 8-1 ahead in the America's Cup, but we can still beat these bastards"!
Good luck in 2014 Jake, but we Aussies are made of better stuff, ( you may learn to understand that one day)!

There were also more Australians on the Yank boat than Yanks.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Oh look another Aussie rugby thread that's not about the actual game.

Let's hear the man speak. I have no doubt he will.

Rugby coaching is a profession. His career path in Aus has been blocked. HE came here with the Wob job as the goal and that's a goner.

Get over it. He is leaving the Ponies in a bloody good state. You'll see him bring the Sharks or Stomps back to Canberra next year and I am sure he'll be happy to talk about good times and all that.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mr Doug, Where were all you Jimmy Spithill (and Tom Slingsby) supporters on the America's cup thread?

It was a pretty lonely discussion that aeneas and I were having for most of the cup.

And on the cup, if I can continue the thread hijack, Did you know that NZ Americas cup lucky token is Peter Blake inspired "Lucky Red Socks"?
Sound familiar Mr Doug?

Yeh HJ, didn't follow that thread due to a few personal issues, but pissed off with ABC 612 Brisbane radio presenters who were "rooting for" Team NZ!! Obviously they were oblivious to the fact that Oracle USA contained 4 Aussies!
Yes, I well remember your past references to those 'lucky red socks"!!!

PS, my Father-in-Law raced 18 footers on Sydney Harbour with 12 up, and on occasions, 14 up!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Blake_(yachtsman)

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Oh look another Aussie rugby thread that's not about the actual game.

Let's hear the man speak. I have no doubt he will.

Rugby coaching is a profession. His career path in Aus has been blocked. HE came here with the Wob job as the goal and that's a goner.

Get over it. He is leaving the Ponies in a bloody good state. You'll see him bring the Sharks or Stomps back to Canberra next year and I am sure he'll be happy to talk about good times and all that.

I agree Blue. A very talented squad, which Steve and Laurie can bring through to win the 2014 Australian Super Rugby Conference, and maybe go all the way.
Mate, no disrespect to you, but I don't really care what Jake White does next year!

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I certainly can't criticise the guy for putting his family first.

The line about having his coaching prospects blocked while he was here in Australia - really? I can't imagine heading back to Sth Africa under these circumstances improves his international coaching prospects.

And the line about having finished his work at the Brumbies ahead of schedule? No, sorry, that's a bridge too far. But it's a nice thing to say to your captain to make him feel better. Jake's done great things over the past two years, but I'd hardly say the job was finished.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
As a Brumbies fan i will have nothing but respect for the guy. He has left the Brumbies in a far better state then when he started. And that is a direct result of his success as a coach. I can be happy of a job well done.

Very curious to see Laurie or Larkham step up. Cant wait.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Link was always headig home to his family down south at every chance he had with the reds. Read his tweets at the time. Heads off to work in the morning then catches a flight home for a few days then back at ballymore few day later. White must be really feeling it.

He did a good service for the Brumbies, and has left them in a good place. Even for a saffa..... :)

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The difference between Spithil and White....one was working in a time frame of 2 weeks (in the final series) the other had a 2 year wait for the possible opportunity to even compete in the arena(international Rugby)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The difference between Spithil and White..one was working in a time frame of 2 weeks (in the final series) the other had a 2 year wait for the possible opportunity to even compete in the arena(international Rugby)
The other difference of course is Spithill could ring NZ and get them to send over a few guys that built the boat and get them to give it a few tweaks to make it go faster, Jake didn't have same help:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom