• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jake White Quits Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@rugbyreg
Good to see that there were no tired and emotional run ins with flight attendents over seating allocations as they went on leave, or returned from their breaks?

T

TOCC

Indeed we all know that. Bernie and Laurie have it covered as they do. Who's got the reds covered!!

My mistake, your last comment suggested that they had quite a while before pre-season started...

As for the Reds comment, is that a question or a sly statement, the use of subtle exclamation marks has left it open for interpretation?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Indeed we all know that. Bernie and Laurie have it covered as they do. Who's got the reds covered!!

Was that a cyber handbag you threw?

I appreciate the interest you are showing in the Reds but a little buggered as to why it has anything to do with this thread.

On the matter of appointing the new coach, I don't get the delay and it doesn't bode well for the Brumbies. As mentioned previously, that pre season is about to start, it surely would be of benifit to the franchice and whoever the new coach is to name him so he can be empowered to sort out his understaff and get them onto his message so they can filter it down to the players.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
My mistake, your last comment suggested that they had quite a while before pre-season started.

As for the Reds comment, is that a question or a sly statement, the use of subtle exclamation marks has left it open for interpretation?
Its a question, the Brumbies are in prep for the preseason, so no issue there...

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Jake White has signed as Sharks Director of Rugby.

Reunites with John Smit.

Look out for the Sharks next year. Big time.

Sharks confirm White’s appointment

07 October 2013, 07:36
The Sharks (Pty) Ltd have confirmed the appointment of former Springbok World Cup-winning coach Jake White as their new Director of Rugby.
White’s tenure will be effective from the end of October 2013.
Confirming his appointment, The Sharks CEO John Smit said: “We are immensely happy to confirm the appointment of Jake White as our new Director of Rugby. We formed a formidable relationship during my playing career and I am delighted to re-establish that partnership, which is in line with our vision to take The Sharks to the next level.
“Jake is an experienced coach whose track record speaks volumes about his ability to rally his team and get the best out of them. We are pleased that he has decided to join The Sharks.”
Smit added: “Brendan Venter’s commitment to me was to drastically change our players’ environment which we think he has done with extreme success. Brendan has no written contract with The Sharks which is a testament to his character and his positive motives in coaching us and we will do whatever we can to keep him involved with us for as long as possible, in any capacity.”
Further information pertaining to the appointment will be released later today.
http://www.supersport.com/rugby/sa-rugby/news/131007/Sharks_confirm_Whites_appointment

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I second that louie. Great coach, great guy and wish him nothing but the best in the future. Except when he takes on the Brumbies/Wallabies, then I hope he loses :p

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Got to say I am excited for the Guppies. Jake will bring them some consistency and organisation. These are the two things they lacked in the past. They have always had the talent which isn't enough.

They look bloody good in the Currie Cup this year. They have a very exciting young 10 who seems to have a good all round game. Put their Boks back and add Jake White and there' s real trouble coming.

The Bulls on the other hand. Well let's not go there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.