• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jake White Quits Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Interesting. You could have taken his first answer for taking about the brumbies when he started. Also he never answered the question of how long his contract would be.

"a bit like Canberra i've got to be fully committed".

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So what is the job description for director of rugby? Hands on or back room?
I assume it goes beyond coaching the top tier team. Also responsible for structures, training programs, coaching strategies, player management. He has a head coach and assistants operating under him (Brad Mcleod-Henderson).

It's what he did at the Brumbies only that it's probably bigger responsibility because there are more tiers and its a bigger organisation.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
"a bit like Canberra i've got to be fully committed".

I would say he was. Name on coach who would not want a national job if he is in the running and he himself believes he is ready?

In the meantime that coach will be committed to his franchise but he would be a fool if he has no higher aspirations or pursues such opportunities. It's the game. The top jobs are rare.

What I am trying to say is Jakes left the Brumbies for personal reasons. He will commit himself to the Sharks 100% but will always have one eye on a top job. Nothing wrong with that. The problem will come of a coach drops a team mid-season.

I heard that he was really battling being away from his kids which was tolerable oin the first year but obviously not in the second.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That was the rumour during the season too - senior players including the Du Plessis brothers hated the bloke.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
groundhog_day.jpg

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Jake might be a strong chance for a gig as Eddie Jones' assistant at the Brave Blossoms.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Don't think the Japan style suits his rugby philosophy. He could turn Argentina into a beast however.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
A very boring beast. They already play like that, and are just starting to show glimpses of something more rounded. Why regress?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
A very boring beast. They already play like that, and are just starting to show glimpses of something more rounded. Why regress?

i am not sure you assess Jake the Snake quite accurately.
he's an absolute pragmatist ... seemingly in the interests of himself alone.

looking at teams where he could get the gig for 2014-19 at a team with a winning chance at the end, Jake would light on Argentina and not many others.
that might deliver the Waratahs The Great Cheik for quite a few years:cool:

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am surprise to see White had problems with the Sharks players?

as far as we know, the players at every team Jake White has coached previously have been everlastingly full of praise for him.
why would it be different at the Sharks?

Status
Not open for further replies.