• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

James O'Connor misses flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hypothetical, if Homebrand hadn't been a pork chop at the Airport, would Link have retained him?

How long would it have taken for him to annoy Link and his team mates to such an extent that he would be dropped for his negative effect on the Team Culture?

With all reports he looked like he was buying into team which looked like a positive move on JOC (James O'Connor) behalf. It has lasted 3 games. So the pork chop has been eaten up, crapped out and flushed down the toilet.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
am now over this issue but say

HE WAS VERY LUCKY TO ONLY COP THE LENIENT PUNISHMENT THAT HE RECEIVED

Aaaaah, best we move forward

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Welcome aboard, in the olden days, he would have been smacked about the head by a senior player very early (didn't Phil Waugh try to at one stage but was pulled off?).

Unfortunately some of these young stars don't get their reality check quickly enough.

That's funny. I've done a few thought experiments about what would happen if JOC (James O'Connor) pulled what he's pulled while playing for any of the clubs I have..ends in a beating every time.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The problem with JOC (James O'Connor) now is he has had 4 years in the Wallabies carrying on like a spoilt brat. There is a stink about his attitude that will take more than verbal platitudes and hollow reassurances to erase.

Even if he is keeping quiet and appearing to tow the line, in the back of everyone's mind is the memory of the true JOC (James O'Connor) attitude.

It has now got to the point where any super team to sign him is taking a leap of faith that he can change, and in my view that is too much a leap for any of the Aussie teams.

The best thing for JOC (James O'Connor) would be for him to be picked up by a SA team. They would sort him out.

I also still believe any Aussie playing in the super comp should be Aussie eligible, which would give JOC (James O'Connor) a pathway back into Aussie rugby, but that's not how it currently works.

M

Moono75

.....all I want to know is can we start paying out on Gaffa now for telling us it was nothing :)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Honestly, the senior players at the Rebels for the last 2 years are to blame.

I think successive coaches and staff at the ARU should all take some of the blame. This is only the second time he has been suspended despite a string of issues. I wish i could blame Robbie for blowing smoke up his ass for years & playing him at 10 and inflating his already sizable ego, that however is far too simplistic.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
When Beale was at the Waratahs and JOC (James O'Connor) at the Force they weren't perfect but they were much better behaved. Waratahs had Phil Waugh, Baxter, Elsom, Freier, Vickerman. Force had Sharpe, Hodgson, Brown and they kept them in line for the most part. When they went to the Melbourne they had a free reign.

churchills cigar

Peter Burge (5)
This is my first post here, so I hope I get it right.

I am a former rugby player, and an outrageously talented back at that, and everything about O'Connor stinks.(BTW My brother and I call him O'Beiber because of his hairstyle & looks. He also plays with his hair regularly before taking shots at goal).

Where to start is difficult. For me O'Beiber should have been marked "never to play for Australia again" after missing the team unveiling at Qantas for the 2011 WC. This was unforgiveable in my book, and many others. If it was the AB's, I am positive they would not tolerate such ill discipline, why should they, they have 3-4 good players that can come into every position.

Also, I almost choked on my Weetbix when I saw a couple of years ago that this 21 year old was setting KPI's for his Western Force team mates to achieve otherwise he would not sign! What 21 year old in history, apart from me in 1987, is so good he can try and dictate to his team how they should perform. Even if I had tried such a stunt in '87 with my team mates I would have expected to get beaten up after training.

Then, there's the whole "brand O'Connor" thing, give me a break.

The problem is these days is that commentators in rugby, and rugby league, are too quick to label players as great at a young age with disastrous consequences(BTW I think Bieber is far drom great). But, Bieber has no doubt be told from a young age how great he is and he believes it. Up here in Qld when he was named at fly half we had three former players, one a leaguie, all saying how great Beiber would be at fly half.

I nearly choked on my Weetbix again. Anyone with a little bit of rugby talent, and brain, can see that Beiber cannot read a game, which means he's not so bright. His behaviour is also not so bright, so I think I am right when I say he's no intellectual giant(for confirmation just watch any TV interview with him).

Even on the wing, which is easy, he regularly will follow a ball carrying centre into touch, or get squeezed. It's not rocket science to come infield. Back to not reading the play, remember that long break Adam Ashley-Cooper made against the AB's? Where was Beiber? I'll tell you, probably back on his own 22 putting his hair into place and signing autographs to mis-guided kids who think he can play.

As an international mega star of the game I can tell you he cannot play and is massively over rated. I do not doubt his goal kicking ability but even then he sometimes take long shots which he cannor make(BTW where's the coach in all this. It's about time someone told him he does not have a long boot, both in general play and goal kicking!).

So, as far as I am concerned, the ARU(who by the way is losing money hand over fist, losing $19m the past two years) has messed up again.

O'Beiber should be marked never to play for Australia again, it's pretty simple. There's been too much ill discipline for too long from him, and others, and someone needs to be made the scapegoat to set the precedent. Beale, Cooper & Ioane have all mucked up, but at least none of them missed the 2011 WC team unveiling, so Beiber should go.

And in defence, he's atrocious, cannot read the play to save his life. Everyone's got him worked out.

Thank you.
I have had the same beliefs but believing one one thing and expressing it in rugby circles are not usually compatible, especially when it concerns the negative aspects of one of rugby's demi gods.
For me You can put him in that same basket ad Quade and. Quote a few others who seem to get international recognition based on a myth, their aura is de fined by what they did as a16 year old and haven't displayed that talent since.
Selectors cannot not select these myths for fear of ridicule from the masses who get their rugby facts and beliefs from the media instead of actually analysing a player and what they might actually do on the field.

M

Moono75

Yes, if only because i suspect he still wants the Force to sign him up.

....hell I still wouldn't mind him at the club....after some more attitude adjustment.

Perhaps we can have a Force fan day where we all the members line NIB stadium and JOC (James O'Connor) files past so we can tell him to his face what a Gen Y tosser he is and to get his too styled head out of his ass! I think the repetitive nature of 12,000 people telling him this should finally sink in and effect the necessary change.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
..hell I still wouldn't mind him at the club..after some more attitude adjustment.

Perhaps we can have a Force fan day where we all the members line NIB stadium and JOC (James O'Connor) files past so we can tell him to his face what a Gen Y tosser he is and to get his too styled head out of his ass! I think the repetitive nature of 12,000 people telling him this should finally sink in and effect the necessary change.

he has his head that far up hiss ass, he would think the 12000 people are just there to see him no matter what they had to say.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
When Beale was at the Waratahs and JOC (James O'Connor) at the Force they weren't perfect but they were much better behaved. Waratahs had Phil Waugh, Baxter, Elsom, Freier, Vickerman. Force had Sharpe, Hodgson, Brown and they kept them in line for the most part. When they went to the Melbourne they had a free reign.
I have been saying this since they day he left the Force bring him back to Perth let Hodgo, Pek, MMM, Alby and Foley sort him out. He has always been a nob but his real trouble started when he went to melb (let me clarify this isnt me having a go at the rebels more the life style he lived while in Melb with Beale Buddy and co)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
...all I want to know is can we start paying out on Gaffa now for telling us it was nothing :)
It was nothing but it was nothing after a long line of somethings link wants to make a statement and JOC (James O'Connor) is the one being made example of. I still think he has alot to offer Aus rugby given the right guidence but only if he is willing to make the change.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
With all reports he looked like he was buying into team which looked like a positive move on JOC (James O'Connor) behalf. It has lasted 3 games. So the pork chop has been eaten up, crapped out and flushed down the toilet.
productimage-picture-the-pork-chop-express-483.jpg

I gotta admit, I am looking forward to how JOC (James O'Connor) addresses all this. If he repeats that same tired line about how he's learned his lesson, that'll be more telling than if he just fumbles through not knowing what to say. If he doesn't want to become the next Gavin Henson, he should probably aim for the latter.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It was nothing but it was nothing after a long line of somethings link wants to make a statement and JOC (James O'Connor) is the one being made example of.

Rubbish. JOC (James O'Connor) is a serial offender and he did something pretty dumb, including (it seems) misleading the ARU over the event. I'm sure that the last thing Link wants to do is stand down his second-best performing back.

Reactions: BPC
M

Moono75

I have been saying this since they day he left the Force bring him back to Perth let Hodgo, Pek, MMM, Alby and Foley sort him out. He has always been a nob but his real trouble started when he went to melb (let me clarify this isnt me having a go at the rebels more the life style he lived while in Melb with Beale Buddy and co)

Agree. I don't think Hodgo would put up with any shit from JOC (James O'Connor).

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
productimage-picture-the-pork-chop-express-483.jpg

I gotta admit, I am looking forward to how JOC (James O'Connor) addresses all this. If he repeats that same tired line about how he's learned his lesson, that'll be more telling than if he just fumbles through not knowing what to say. If he doesn't want to become the next Gavin Henson, he should probably aim for the latter.

There's no place for violence in society rah rah rah, but I'd love to see CCTV footage of Big Kev laying JOC (James O'Connor) out in a bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.