• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

James O'Connor misses flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I have a feeling that this will galvanise the team. The footy will be ugly but I think these guys will play hard for each other because they all know the kind of culture that Link and the senior players are trying to build. Anyone who doesn't want to buy into the system, no hard feelings boys, but the door is that way.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
missed flight, missed team bus, missed Wallabies team photo... now he's is just missing out... now he is just M.I.A

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Link and the ARU have made the correct call re JOC (James O'Connor).

I do find it sad however, that such a talented young man, who seems to have so much going for him seems so incapable of recognising the requirements of a team sport. Given that all the evidence suggest that he has made playing for the Wallabies his goal from quite a young age, there has either been something seriously amiss in his education or he is emotionally unsuited to a team sport.

The fact that a guy who has been a Wallaby squad member for 4 years and in the starting squad for most of that time, but is pretty much unwanted by the Australian super teams speaks volumes. From a human perspective, it's just so sad. In fact, it's almost straight from a Greek tragedy.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Link and the ARU have made the correct call re JOC (James O'Connor).

I do find it sad however, that such a talented young man, who seems to have so much going for him seems so incapable of recognising the requirements of a team sport. Given that all the evidence suggest that he has made playing for the Wallabies his goal from quite a young age, there has either been something seriously amiss in his education or he is emotionally unsuited to a team sport.

The fact that a guy who has been a Wallaby squad member for 4 years and in the starting squad for most of that time, but is pretty much unwanted by the Australian super teams speaks volumes. From a human perspective, it's just so sad. In fact, it's almost straight from a Greek tragedy.

I agree QH, it is a sad story.

One could only hope that such a move by the ARU and the coaching staff will be a wake up call for the young man and part of the process to change and restitution.

Good luck to him.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
That's funny. I've done a few thought experiments about what would happen if JOC (James O'Connor) pulled what he's pulled while playing for any of the clubs I have..ends in a beating every time.

I apologise if I got the wrong end of the stick, but a might is right approach to making someone one of the team isn't the right way to go about this. i suggest something simple and more effective, evicting them.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I apologise if I got the wrong end of the stick, but a might is right approach to making someone one of the team isn't the right way to go about this. i suggest something simple and more effective, evicting them.

I can see how you perceived it that way but I wasn't calling for violence towards the guy. Just shocked as to how it hasn't happened with the way he has allegedly carried himself for some years now.

At the least you'd think maybe he had to hold the tackle bag for a few more reps than anyone else ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.