• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Japan Super Rugby team

T

TOCC

Joseph will still coach the highlanders for 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ missed that. Gotta stop skim-reading :).

Also, on second reading, "Japan have a two-test series against Scotland in June but Joseph will control those during the Super Rugby break". That'll be some juggling act & you'd have to think the Clan may struggle as the 'tahs did when Cheika was multi-tasking.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
T

TOCC

Full team announcement and press conference today at 3pm AEDT

T

TOCC

Mark Hammett officially announced as coach
db8ba2c3e5f1c1dccde59e5bfd78a458.jpg

T

TOCC

Playing strip:

The team will wear a red/orange primary strip that represents the rising sun while the grey alternate signifies the speed and fighting spirit of the wolf
7befd67806a33f16c3a60f957d1d97e6.jpg

T

TOCC

Squad includes 10 cherry blossoms from the RWC, as well as test players Leonardo(Argentina) and Durutalo(USA).

Those with super rugby experience: Ed Quirk(Reds), Liaki Moli(Blues), Shota Horie(Rebels), Keita Ingaki(Rebels) and Rian Vijoen(Cheetahs)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Not bad.

Probably not as good as we were hoping when they got first announced, but nonetheless, shouldn't shame themselves.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I like the home strip. I am also happy to see that two ex-Rebels Shota Horie and Keita Inagaki have been named in the squad.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think it's quite disappointing not to see Kosei Ono in there. He had a great world cup at 10 for Japan and as far as I'm aware he's not playing anywhere else.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Ono is hardly a Spring Chicken, has been at the 07,11, and 15 World Cups, but yes he is a gun.

Think the squad evidently screams politics between the clubs and the JRFU along with the influence of Eddie. A certain number of players are employees for their companies rather than paid players of the clubs, so I think that a few may have made a decision based on those lines (i.e. future income may be in jeopardy),

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah, I think they're going to get smashed a few times. Hopefully they'll at least be able to pick up a couple of wins at home.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ono is hardly a Spring Chicken, has been at the 07,11, and 15 World Cups, but yes he is a gun.

Think the squad evidently screams politics between the clubs and the JRFU along with the influence of Eddie. A certain number of players are employees for their companies rather than paid players of the clubs, so I think that a few may have made a decision based on those lines (i.e. future income may be in jeopardy),

Not the old lock captain Ono, the young Ono flyhalf schooled in Christchurch. He was a gun.