• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm going to go ahead and say this isn't happening. Only team that really needs more outside backs is the Reds and they really, really don't want him.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Force will take him. He is class and we could use him.

Coming from Europe he will probably be asking a hefty price. Since I don't think he would *technically* qualify for a ARU top up (assumption here, no precedence) the Force are gonna have to cough up some decent cash. Unless the not nots have been serving him some humble pie during his stay.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Classy player.

Money wise I would think his offer would be better than it was for this year. A year away while it doesn't change much, it does put some distance between his selfish behaviour (let's not forget he wasn't found with a boot full of dead hookers here) and the offer. Probably not top dollar, but certainly in the top 5-10 players for the Force.

T

tranquility

Five or Ten?

Tell me four or nine players on the Force's list who would dictate more cash than Brand O'Connor ?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Classy player.

Money wise I would think his offer would be better than it was for this year. A year away while it doesn't change much, it does put some distance between his selfish behaviour (let's not forget he wasn't found with a boot full of dead hookers here) and the offer. Probably not top dollar, but certainly in the top 5-10 players for the Force.
The thing against him,is that he doesn't add to the team output.
It's all individual shit.
To my mind marquee players (and I assume that how he sees himself) don't just play well,they improve the performance of players around them.
He doesn't.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
"I've moved on from that and am a new person with new goals."

Have we heard this before somewhere.

Seriously, I hope he has sorted himself out and comes back a better person. as a better person he has the potiential to be a better player as well.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
"I've moved on from that and am a new person with new goals."

He added: "I'm in touch with everyone back home, players and coaches. It's on the move but it is a long way off and there are still a lot of hurdles to jump over.
"It's not a given, it's a goal and this was always going to be a short-term stint."

Yeah, heard it all before. He never sounds genuine - he talks in media bites. Hope he grows up but I can't see him being a first choice Wob again, too much x factor, not enough team culture.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
"They [Irish] are a great bunch of lads, I haven't been involved in a team that is so tight," he said,

He has been involved in a couple of Aus Super teams, but they were apparently not as tight as the LI. He would still have to find a team willing to take him on. Most have indicated they wouldn't touch him with a forty foot pole. Wonder what affect his presence has on the tightness or otherwise of a team?

IMO he would need to grow up a whole lot before being sure of getting a Super contract for 2015.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think skip the next world cup, he probably wont make it (not because his not good enough but I think Link wont risk it) Stay over at London Irish really grow up, ,maybe a stint in France, come back sign for who ever on a small contract with no fan fair and then smash it, be a star the world cup after...

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I think skip the next world cup, he probably wont make it (not because his not good enough but I think Link wont risk it) Stay over at London Irish really grow up, ,maybe a stint in France, come back sign for who ever on a small contract with no fan fair and then smash it, be a star the world cup after.

For a bloke in his early 20's, that's an eternity away.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
For a bloke in his early 20's, that's an eternity away.

I suppose it is but do you think he will make 2015. His good enough but I dont think he will.

I hope he gets his shit together. His more of a brat then a violent or drunk.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
You realise he'll be 29 come 2019 RWC. If he's not picked as a 12 or 10 he'll struggle to be playing wing at that age. Could easily be pipped by some young up and comers like a 24 year old Andrew Kellaway.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You think if he was serious about changing his image and being a decent person, he'd be back day 1 of pre-season in November, not strolling in sometime in January like a Wallaby superstar.

It's tough if he wants a Euro gig for the 2014-15 season. The season starts in September and ends in May. I can't see many clubs okay with him leaving in November or even January. He has a big decision to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.