• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Assuming it is true this is how I want to see it go down.
ARU say "Sure but you need to get a Super Rugby contact" then the all of the Super franchises say "We just don't have room in our roster for you."
ARU then say "Sorry can't help you."
Or just say "Hmm, we've reset our fucktard quotient to zero, so we're fully subscribed."
Au revoir, et merci pour toutes les poissons.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
We all have short memories Bardon.
Look at Quade,this time last year he was toast.
Now he is being touted as a potential Wallaby captain.
If JOC (James O'Connor) comes back,and he is in good form,everyone will wonder why he ever left.
Link,ignore me.
I'll still remember two things.
1) he was a fucking dick
2)he was run over by every opposing Oz 12 in 2013.
Sorry James,but if you are Tommy Carter road kill,you can stay the fuck in Europe.
Forever.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
My opinion of JOC (James O'Connor) just worsens as time goes on. The gumption of the bloke to just expect to slip back into the Wallabies, and slip out to take the big bucks in France is not in the ARU's interest at all.

Of all the talk of division and team harmony between the senior Wallabies and trouble makers like JOC (James O'Connor) before he left for Europe, imagine if he returned in 2015 and was catapulted over the incumbent wingers - we would be back to square one, team culture wise.

On his day, JOC (James O'Connor) is a better winger than Cummins, Tomane, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) etc. but I hope Link, the ARU and the Super Rugby teams just f*ck him right off.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Oh come on James, you couldn't be made to look more than a mercenary if you tried. If this deal is true, I hope everyone in Aus rejects him.

Who does he think he is? Signs the fattest Euro contract and hustles into the contract to come back to Australia in 2015 purely on making the WC like he can just waltz into the squad and then leave straight after for the $$$ again.

I suspect that Qwerty51 is trawling big time here. The post he is supposedly replying to does not have the normal opener "james said".

Gotta love it, the number of sucker fish rising to the bait are numerous.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think the difference with QC (Quade Cooper) is that he actually took steps to change his behaviour and also to stop hanging around with people who would be a bad influence on him.

I'm not sure JOC (James O'Connor) will do the same thing. I see him more as a Paul Gascoigne figure as someone who'll never really grow up. I'll be very glad to be proved wrong as he's a very talented player and a joy to watch when he's on top form.

So JOC (James O'Connor) returning would have a negative impact on Quade? I wouldn't touch him.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I suspect that Qwerty51 is trawling big time here. The post he is supposedly replying to does not have the normal opener "james said".

Gotta love it, the number of sucker fish rising to the bait are numerous.

That quote is a tweet from Gavin Mortimer, the inside word to Midi Olympique

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Mmmmmmm, strong in this one, the schadenfreude is.

I'll be sitting with my popcorn, hoping he's signed his French contract and that every Aussie S15 team refuses to buy him a coffee, let alone offer him a one year deal.

What a flog.

T

TOCC

You've got to wonder what real benefit there would be in signing a player like JOC (James O'Connor) for an Australian Super Rugby team, sure he would have a bit of marquee status but you would have to think that many of the Coaches and Teams would be very dubious at his influence on other players in the team and what the fans reactions would be in signing a player for just one season.

Reds won't sign him, Rebels won't sign him, Brumbies won't sign him.

I think its probably between the Waratahs and Force as to who would actually offer him a contract.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
If this is the case the Force WONT sign him they have made a point this year of not being used as someone’s stepping stone and that he would only be signed on their terms so he wont be coming to the Force if this is to be believed.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You've got to wonder what real benefit there would be in signing a player like JOC (James O'Connor) for an Australian Super Rugby team, sure he would have a bit of marquee status but you would have to think that many of the Coaches and Teams would be very dubious at his influence on other players in the team and what the fans reactions would be in signing a player for just one season.

Reds won't sign him, Rebels won't sign him, Brumbies won't sign him.

I think its probably between the Waratahs and Force as to who would actually offer him a contract.

Also, you'd have to cut a position for a potential long term investment to sign him for what would only amount to 7 months..........

And I know that the Brumbies brought in George Smith for one season, but that was a totally different situation as he was only signed as cover due to Ita Vaea's health issues......... oh, and he's George fucking Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.