• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
O'Connor won the first round with a points victory. If he doesn't say anything more he'll take a win because Martin has TKO'd himself in the second. ;)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Oh I'm not suggesting they aren't 'his words', but as a lawyer this is the type of thing you would say to your client "you write it at first instance and then I'll tidy it up". I'm simply saying that I suspect he's received some outside input in the finish product. nothing wrong with that.

Yeah I actually think it's a pretty smart move on his part.

The alternative is him throwing up a post that has a few errors and looks a bit shabby, which distracts from his overall message. Wish more sportspeople would get someone to 'tidy it up' a bit before they posted.

He's in a bit of a no-win situation from some quarters. The same people who attack him for getting help would attack him if he did it himself and he made a few mistakes.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
What a tawdry scene. I'm normally one who gives Marto enough space for his antics and I actually like his commentary (sorry guys!) but this is poor form Marto.

JOC (James O'Connor) let it go now buddy.

God it's going to be a painful season if we're already swimming in faeces. There's heaps that we are going to have to deal with. Let's hope we get much closer to calm and rational thinking as we go forward.

Reactions: gel

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Strategy is pointless in this war. Neither party stands to gain anything significant or lose any face.

Everyone here calling Martin a twat - no doubt thought so beforehand, as mentioned - he's a shock jock - no different to people upset at that moron down south on the radio. However he does have what he wants; which is everyone clicking on the articles.

JOC (James O'Connor) - yes was probably always going back to France, but just like the Wobs squad announcement and he was cut - everyone forgot about him anyway.

Will anyone think more of JOC (James O'Connor) for a ghost written response - maybe, will it change anything - no. The French won't care - and we will have forgotten about this by the time he's next potentially coming back to oz.

Anyway just some random thoughts over people getting very upset about 2 people behaving as normal.

I think JOC (James O'Connor) has pulled the Mental health card to end discussion (whether true or not)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I actually don't care who's side anyone is on, or even which party is ultimately in the right. Why we are giving this rubbish any air time at all while we are striving to win the World Cup is beyond me!!

Over and out from this thread!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
O'Connor won the first round with a points victory. If he doesn't say anything more he'll take a win because Martin has TKO'd himself in the second. ;)
Only one way to sort it,once and for all.
Cage fight!

My money is on JOC (James O'Connor),unless Marto can use a chair WWE style!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I actually don't care who's side anyone is on, or even which party is ultimately in the right. Why we are giving this rubbish any air time at all while we are striving to win the World Cup is beyond me!!

Over and out from this thread!

On the contrary, this is a good distraction whilst the UK is asleep and we're waiting for the team announcement.

In this 24 hour news cycle we live in, we need these guys picking up the slack whilst nothing is happening RWC wise.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
On the contrary, this is a good distraction whilst the UK is asleep and we're waiting for the team announcement.

In this 24 hour news cycle we live in, we need these guys picking up the slack whilst nothing is happening RWC wise.

OK well that's an angle I hadn't thought of. Fair call!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The JOC (James O'Connor) article says nothing that most people didn't already know. It, in my opinion, uses mental health to get people on his side. It may be true enough that we don't know the reasons but no statement from an athlete, or any one for that matter, coming out about mental health reads like that. If he does have mental health issues all those trying to help that encouraged him to hit back gave him poor advice. A public slanging match would be the last thing he needs.

Both parties involved are immature twats.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I think this sums up the 'fight'

v2YViKa.gif

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
Marto fired the first shot, JOC (James O'Connor) successfully countered, Marto could not leave it alone and has gone for the gutter, if JOC (James O'Connor) can move on without reply he will score a very big points decision. That will be a first for JOC (James O'Connor).

Marto is going on about the need for players to own up to their mistakes, failings etc. Would he care to have that discussion with Campo re 1989 lions.;)

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I think this sums up the 'fight'

View attachment 7065

They are both backs so it could only be handbags at 20 paces.

Saw JOC (James O'Connor) has posted a reply on his Facebook page now. Siting in his Merc playing Beiber. A week joke I admit but it is a little less douchie than you'd think.

It did remind me though of the sort of smart come back my kids use when I rant at them over something.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
He posted something up on Twitter before about his favorite pre-game Music. what do you know, Justin Bieber was playing.

Strangely, the post seems to be missing from his Twitter feed. Think someone with a lot more sense told him to stop poking the Bear.

Edit: It's on his Facebook feed.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
He posted something up on Twitter before about his favorite pre-game Music. what do you know, Justin Bieber was playing.

Strangely, the post seems to be missing from his Twitter feed. Think someone with a lot more sense told him to stop poking the Bear.

Edit: It's on his Facebook feed.

Isn't that the one which redstragic is referring to?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The difference between the Buddy Franklin situation and Bieber's is Buddy will be pulling on a Swans Jersey next year. Buddy Franklin actually has some credibility on the issue. I don't think it's right for Oconnor to try and connect the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.