• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John Eales Medal 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Props would win in Australia.

JEM got 5 seconds news coverage this morning on Nein - probably because Folau won it.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yes Biffo, where indifferent=mediocre. IMO, the last two weeks held so much promise, with the chance to beat the ABs in Brisbane, the expected positive build-up to the EOYT, capped off by Hooper or Slipper, (or both 'jointly'), winning the John Eales Medal!
So Biffo, it has been a very "indifferent" two weeks for me, mate.

hmmm. thanks for enlightening me. i just found a definition of indifferent as "average or low in quality". i had long been aware of indifferent's meaning in the analytical sense, but not in this.

i suppose i must now think of this new (to me) "indifferent" in the same way i have learned to understand the new "average" which means "much below average".

so, the two weeks have been averagely indifferent for me as well as you. however, i have had a recent outbreak of great optimism and warm feelings about the future of the Wallabies and today we can scream for the Country boys.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The votes are counted after each match and a players' player is announced to the team (and generally a journalist or two will report it).

I'd say there is plenty of transparency already at least amongst the team.

In my experience, all these awards have some involvement from an auditor to review the process, counting and announcement etc.

But not the 2 and 1's
Transparency among the team for MOM only

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
But not the 2 and 1's
Transparency among the team for MOM only

I have no idea what happens beyond that but I'm assuming that there's a process and the vote tallies are recorded then and signed off by various people.

If you wrote to the ARU and asked them what the process was in assuring that integrity of the MOTM votes, they'd probably tell you and it would probably be pretty straight forward.

It's not like this is an unusual concept in sport.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I have no idea what happens beyond that but I'm assuming that there's a process and the vote tallies are recorded then and signed off by various people.

If you wrote to the ARU and asked them what the process was in assuring that integrity of the MOTM votes, they'd probably tell you and it would probably be pretty straight forward.

It's not like this is an unusual concept in sport.

Its more than likely they would ignore a request like that. If your first sentence is the practice then can no-one should see fault in that process !!!!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
the good news for James Slipper is that he won the coveted "batting above" award, previously held by Steve Moore.

Congrats Slipper.

1414114744566_Image_galleryImage_JOHN_EALES_MEDAL_2014_Pic.JPG

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Pfitzy,
Is "Nein" a German Channel ????

No wonder Izzy only got 5 seconds

They were reporting the Jan Ells Medallion for best return on investment in the European Handball Circuit. They're a very analytical lot, those Germans. The Oakland A's have nothing on these guys.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Wait, this is the John Eales medal, not the Return On Investment medal. A player's wage has nothing to do with this.

Really?! I guess a capitalist like me can't understand your parameters, or maybe I'm comparing Rugby to the NFL?! "Perform and you are rewarded, if not, you're out the door"!

Too many positives from last night's other winners for me to waste any more time on Folau, but you go for it, TOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.