• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John Eales Medal

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
It counts last year's EOYT where Dave wasn't always starting so he mightn't get it but he certainly deserves it.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) playerd most of the games as well and might get it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rookie of the year is going to be the interesting one.

and the nominees are:

Kurtley Beale
Rob Horne
Salesi Ma'afu
Huia Edmonds
Saia Fainga'a
Matt Hodgson
Ben Daley
James Slipper
Rob Simmons
Ben McCalman
Anthony Fainga'a

In the end, the winner is as sure as Pocock getting the JE Medal - KB (Kurtley Beale) in all his deceptive skinniness.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
pocock/sharp/AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) all put their hands up
KB (Kurtley Beale) for rookie~

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yeah considering it includes the EOYT I reckon even Genia might snatch it, but Pocock deserves it for sure.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
George Smith will probably get it.. Like he got all those Super 14 awards that he never should've.

How Vickerman didn't get it in 2008 is a total mystery.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Richie McCaw will probabaly win it.

I vote for Hodgson. He looked great for the 3 minutes he played this year.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
My money is on Slipper or Saia Fainga'a for rookie of the year. Beale has played a good half a tri nations and am not sure it will be enough. Slipper and Fainga'a have had a baptisim of fire somewhat this year, Slipper has held his own and weather you like it or not is irrelivent, Saia Fainga'a has managed to keep his much more experienced opponent from within the squad on the bench for a large portion of this year. In saying that, all three above would be worthy winners.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Should be - Pocock and Beale; Beale because he has really gone from being a good-ish player that nobody could pigeon-hole, to a very good and improving 15, that even the Kiwis are muttering about. Fainga'a has done OK, but will be 3rd choice once TPN is back, I feel. Slipper just has not had enough time, but I like him.
Pocock needs no justification.
Sharpe also very good, and I am happy to eat a big slice of humble pie having bagged him mercilessly in recent years.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Poccock for the medal, daylight

Beale as the Rookie. It is worth remembering he only debuted against Wales v Australia at Millennium Stadium, Nov 28, 2009. He went from a few minutes there to adding real value as a reserve to a regular starter who wins test matches.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Sharpe also very good, and I am happy to eat a big slice of humble pie having bagged him mercilessly in recent years.

In all fairness though most of the bagging he copped was for playing out in the centres and not doing the job of a lock forward. This year he has played like a lock and been lauded for it.

Gitteau to get the JEM and Beale to get the rookie.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
going by the G&GR points this was our tally (based on 3-2-1s) for the Spring Tour.

1st Wycliff Palu & David Pocock (both on 7 pnts)
3rd Will Genia & Adam Ashley-Cooper (both on 5 pnts)
5th George Smith & Matt Giteau (both on 2 pnts)
7th Quade Cooper & Rocky Elsom (both on 1 pnt)

I won't give anything away about the current season yet however.

Status
Not open for further replies.