• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2019 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I will be amazed if Queanbeyan don't turn the corner. If they don't, they'll be the worst Whites team in a decade. Queanbeyan by 8.
Norths have retained some of their form from last year. Vikings are yet to win but still fourth. I'm hoping for a close game but, come on, it's Vikings. Tuggeranong by 13.
Lions have shown promise but also a complete inability to turn any of their strengthes or advantages into a result. Royals the opposite, they haven't been dominant but also haven't looked like losing. Canberra by 20.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
http://whitesrugby.com/top-to-bottom/

Whites painting themselves into a siege mentality for the weekend. Haven’t given themselves much of a wrap on their own website.

Match of the round on Bar TV with the Eagles and Whites. I really can’t see them winning though. Sokai Tai is done which just puts them in an even bigger hole and possibly battling Easts for the spoon this year

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
FT:
Eagles 32 Def Queanbeyan 19 - Eagles scrum forced about 10 penalties, including a late penalty try
Vikings 27 def Uni Norths 22
Royals 29 def Wests 27 with a late penalty goal. Wests were up 20-6 at half time

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Table as of round 4:
JID.PNG

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
FT scores:

Royals 33 def Uni-Norths 25
Vikings 50 def Queanbeyan 29
Wests 44 def Easts 27

Anthony Smith

Peter Burge (5)
Anyone seen the Brumby Runners team for the weekend?

I imagine that the runners boys will not be allowed to play for club tomorrow... Seems very interesting to deplete club teams for a week, Vikings and Eagles would be affected most, don’t imagine their coaches being too happy. I’d think they’ll pick a few more royals boys as it’s their bye?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Runners side

1. Vunipola FIFITA
2. Maile NGAUAMO
3. Tom ROSS
4. Nick FROST
5. Sam THOMSON
6. Justin SIKIMETI
7. Jack FARRELL
8. Rory SCOTT
9. Pedro ROLANDO
10. Wharenui HAWERA
11. Chance PENI
12. Bayley KUENZLE
13. Len IKITAU
14. Mack HANSEN
15. Jordan JACKSON-HOPE

REPLACEMENTS

16. TP LUTERU
17. Ryan KOTLEWSKI
18. Angus WAGNER
19. Sam VON BLANCKENSEE
20. Luke REIMER
21. Seamus SMITH
22. Billy CARBERRY
23. Lincoln SMITH

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Very odd to deplete club teams like that for a glorified trial match.

Looked like an interesting game at Nicholls. Watched Wests v QBN. Seems having Luteru & Peni out for Wests was quite big. Whites scrum went forward more often than not

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Top of the table clash at Nicholls. The winner here opens up a good gap on Vikings in 3rd.

Wests visit Vikings for what could be another cracker. Wests crack the top 4 with a win. Did anyone see if Chance Peni copped a suspension for his tip tackle? Would have to be a 8-12 week surely?

And Whites with a bonus point win over Easts.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
FT:

Vikings and Eagles drew 33-33
Queanbeyan 50 def Wests 14
Uni-Norths 40 def Easts 36

Saw Eagles v Vikings - Eagles missed a conversion from the sideline and a late penalty to win it after they came home with a wet sail and scored two tries uphill and into the Nicholls Nor'Wester. Eagles scrum was dominant throughout but trailed at half time with some smart play by the Vikings before the late drama. Lonergan also missed a long range penalty goal that would have put them up 36-21 I think it was.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
FT:

Royals 25 def Gungahlin 22 - Andy Muirhead scored 2 and setup 1. Game of 2 halves after Gungahlin were up 15-3 at HT. Henry Speight scored 1 for Gungahlin.
Vikings towelled up Wests 63-14
Queanbeyan 27 def Easts 20

Status
Not open for further replies.