• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

July Internationals 2023 - matches not involving Australia

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AB squad named:

Hookers:
Codie Taylor (32, Crusaders / Canterbury, 76)
Dane Coles (36, Hurricanes / Wellington, 84)
Samisoni Taukei’aho (25, Chiefs / Waikato, 24)

Props:
Ethan de Groot (24, Highlanders / Southland, 13)
Fletcher Newell (23, Crusaders / Canterbury, 6)
Nepo Laulala (31, Blues / Counties Manukau, 45)
Ofa Tu’ungafasi (31, Blues / Northland, 50)
Tamaiti Williams (22, Crusaders / Canterbury, *)
Tyrel Lomax (27, Hurricanes / Tasman, 23)

Locks:
Brodie Retallick (32, Chiefs / Hawkes Bay, 100)
Josh Lord (22, Chiefs / Taranaki, 2)
Samuel Whitelock (34, Crusaders / Canterbury, 143)
Scott Barrett (29, Crusaders / Taranaki, 58)
Tupou Vaa’i (23, Chiefs / Taranaki, 18)

Loose forwards:
Ardie Savea (29, Hurricanes / Wellington, 70)
Dalton Papali’i (25, Blues / Counties Manukau, 22)
Luke Jacobson (26, Chiefs / Waikato, 12)
Sam Cane (captain) (31, Chiefs / Bay of Plenty, 86)
Samipeni Finau (24, Chiefs / Waikato, *)
Shannon Frizell (29, Highlanders / Tasman, 25)

Halfbacks:
Aaron Smith (34, Highlanders / Manawatu, 114)
Finlay Christie (27, Blues / Tasman, 14)
Cam Roigard (22, Hurricanes / Counties Manukau, *)

First-five eighths:
Beauden Barrett (32, Blues / Taranaki, 112)
Damian McKenzie (28, Chiefs / Waikato, 40)
Richie Mo’unga (29, Crusaders / Canterbury, 44)

Midfielders:
Anton Lienert-Brown (28, Chiefs / Waikato, 60)
Jordie Barrett (26, Hurricanes / Taranaki, 48)
Rieko Ioane (26, Blues / Auckland, 59)
Braydon Ennor (25, Crusaders / Canterbury, 6)
Dallas McLeod (24, Crusaders / Canterbury, *)

Outside backs:
Caleb Clarke (24, Blues / Auckland, 15)
Emoni Narawa (23, Chiefs / Bay of Plenty, *)
Leicester Fainga’anuku (23, Crusaders / Tasman, 2)
Mark Telea (26, Blues / North Harbour, 2)
Will Jordan (25, Crusaders / Tasman, 21)

Shaun Stevenson named as injury cover for Telea (knee injury, severity unknown).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Only 5 games til RWC? NZ need to name the top XV and ride that pony to Valhalla. No rotation.* Combos need to gel.

1 Ethan de Groot
2 Taukei’aho
3 Tyrel Lomax
4 Brodie Retallick
5 Samuel Whitelock guessing they'll get nursed thru, Scrote Barrett to spell them
6 Samipeni Finau just get him in there straight away ffs, surrounded by old geezers
7 Sam Cane
8 Ardie Savea

9 Aaron Smith
10 Richie Mo’unga
11 Caleb Clarke. been a bit crap but I guess he's the incumbent
12 Jordie Barrett
13 Rieko Ioane. these 2 have been a bit rubbish too, need to sort that shit out or get ALB in there
14 Mark Telea
15 Will Jordan

*except Retallick and Whitelock who need to be nursed to RWC or else we are completely fahhhhked if we have to front up with penalty magnate Scrote and the decorative work experience boy Tupo Vaai

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
July 9th is coming fast. Guessing company man Fozzie won't want to take any risks with newbies in Mendoza and will go with last seasons tried and trusted 8 from 13 shitshowers to "play their way into form".

And they'll lose to Argentina. Again. Which means the chopping and changing will start after that and go right through to the first RWC match versus France where they will cop an almighty hiding and leak 50 pts. LET'S GET DISMAL.

Nepo
Codie Taylor
Ofa "I trust my senior All Black front row to play their way back into form"

Brodie
Scrote

Frizzle
Cane
Ardie "I trust my senior All Black back row to play their way back into form oh fahhhhk it's all falling apart again why does this keep happeningggg"

Afterdavid
Richie Mo’unga
Mark Telea
Jordie Barrett
Rieko Ioane
Will Jordan
Beauden B. "I trust my super duper senior All Black to play his way back into form oh fahhhhk why does this prick keep kicking it away and never even tries to score rugby football tries any more mummyyyyy, hold me mummmyyyyy"

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As expected AL-B has been given three weeks but he qualifies for the one week reduction for "going to tackle school". Even so he'll miss the first two Rounds & will presumably need to be replaced, esp if McLeod is ruled out.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fossie did some media today:

> SamW didn't train today & may not be fit for Mendoza (which is fine by me 'cos it means ScoBar will surely play lock not six). Sounds like Fossie is pissed at him for playing SRGF even though, on SW's own words, "Doc says no". Oh well, he'll get over it.
> no midfield cover added so either they expect McLeod to be available if needed or they'll fly someone in from Japan if need be.

Last edited:

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Forgive me for having a 2nd glass of red tonight watching the cricket after my better half’s amazing carbonara but why is Eben Etzabeth bowling 2nd change for England?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Jordan & Fainga'anuku not travelling to Argentina tomorrow :(

hitlergif.gif

"It's ok, we'll still win, Ian will move Beauden in to start at
fullback. From there, Beauden can randomly insert himself
in at the 1st 5 position on a whim whenever he feels like it....."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Can hardly bear to watch this slow motion trainwreck of an AB season unfold. Failureface Frizzle at 6, the lumpen remnants of Cane's broken bod tenured at 7, Rieko lost in space in the centres, zero impact Havili, Ennor and ALB the other midfield options, Beauden shoehorned into the starting XV right thru to the 1/8 final exit.

Can I please just hibernate until Razor takes over? It's been 3 seasons of watching tests barely even rooting for the AB's. Oh, they lost again, no surprise, the coach is a clueless alingual self-serving lackey.

I rememebr when AB losses would deeply affect me. I watched the 2011 RWC final on my fucking knees ffs. Yes, after 20 minutes I was so fraught with terror at NZ losing that I watched the entire last hour, alone at home, in front of the telly, kneeling on the floor. I was frozen. I couldnt sit down.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fozzie's Potluck Smorgasbord of Excuses If They Lose:

- usual rust in 1st test of season, a first up loss is no biggie.
- 50% win rate is good enough.
- you can’t win them all you know.
- the turnaround for next week’s test was too short.
- stupid Super Rugby was too tiring for my players.
- stupid Razor injured Sam Whitelock.
- stupid Covid interrupted our plans.
- stupid ref.
- stupid NZRFU hired Razor to take my job, it’s all their fault.
- jet lag
- the weather was difficult
- it was a bit windy
- Wayne Smith hasn’t returned my calls
- my assistants are all bozos

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can hardly bear to watch this slow motion trainwreck of an AB season unfold. Failureface Frizzle at 6, the lumpen remnants of Cane's broken bod tenured at 7, Rieko lost in space in the centres, zero impact Havili, Ennor and ALB the other midfield options, Beauden shoehorned into the starting XV right thru to the 1/8 final exit.

Can I please just hibernate until Razor takes over? It's been 3 seasons of watching tests barely even rooting for the AB's. Oh, they lost again, no surprise, the coach is a clueless alingual self-serving lackey.

I rememebr when AB losses would deeply affect me. I watched the 2011 RWC final on my fucking knees ffs. Yes, after 20 minutes I was so fraught with terror at NZ losing that I watched the entire last hour, alone at home, in front of the telly, kneeling on the floor. I was frozen. I couldnt sit down.
I be honest DP, the times AB test losses were when we lost 95 WC final, I got up in morning, and the sun still shone. Honestly from that day, I think I grew up and realised noone has got the right to win, and I have enjoyed tests etc a hell of a lot more! It's good for you!