• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

July Internationals 2023 - matches not involving Australia

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wonder if Coles can get Lavanini to do something Card-worthy?
Or vice versa.

Or both together.

200.gif

Artists interpretation of the sideline in Mendoza
with the 4th official trying to control the sinbinned
Coles and Lavanini.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Japan XV: 6
NZ XV: 38

Alarm bells for NZ rugby in the 1st half. Only up 11-6. AB pack shunted off the ball. Tuff guy Kirifi was an absolute nonsense. So small. He looked like a halfback who'd been told to play in the forwards. Went backwards in every physical situation.

Ah Kuoi did that fake busy thing but kind of makes little impact physically. Not really a locks arsehole. Looked like Tana had been told to play in the forwards. Plus him and Strange were overwhelmed in the lineouts. NZ forwards looked fat and unfit compared to the fit strong frankenfucks in the J-pack.

Goodhue and Nankivell were great. Who cares how slow Goodhue is when he has that spatial awareness and handling

Brad Weber was a bit ponderous but smallest bloke on the field had the biggest ticker in the 1st half and really the 1 guy who stopped it disintegrating for his country.

27-0 in the 2nd half was a fun watch

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That was a bloody enjoyable test from Mendoza. Obviously pretty happy with AB performance, and I think it almost between 2 Barretts, Jordie and Scott for MOTM. Lord showed he was pretty up for game, Frizell had a bloody good game. All props went well and Nepo and Ofa aren't maybe as written of as a few forums have suggested. Great start to season I thought.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
All blacks will also get
Samisoni T, whitelock, retalick, jorden, lester, and telea back in contention next week

the only selection questions will be whitelock or Frizell at 6. If Frizell whitelock will be 18
The hooker selections will be tough
10 - great issue to have, I think Richie will start with beudie staying at 15 and d Mac on the bench

centre combo is great
Wingers could hold their position but jorden and Lester most likely options

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
All blacks will also get
Samisoni T, whitelock, retalick, jorden, lester, and telea back in contention next week

the only selection questions will be whitelock or Frizell at 6. If Frizell whitelock will be 18
The hooker selections will be tough
10 - great issue to have, I think Richie will start with beudie staying at 15 and d Mac on the bench

centre combo is great
Wingers could hold their position but jorden and Lester most likely options
Agree Line, I suspect you meant Barrett or Frizell at 6? But I like you and wonder who wings will be, maybe LF, and although Narawa will be unlucky, I suspect that Jordan's posyion will be on right wing.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
WFT. So much for Fozzie's first-up rusties getting ambushed in a hostile foreign land. Argies turned up fast asleep. All the hallmarks of a Chieka coached team. "Fuck scrummaging, let's just chuck it around."

Lord was good value.

Dane Coles = fuck yeah.

CClarke was barely passable but still should be making more of a mess of mofos.

All credit to Coaches Ryan and Schmidt for coaching the team to a great win.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Agree Line, I suspect you meant Barrett or Frizell at 6? But I like you and wonder who wings will be, maybe LF, and although Narawa will be unlucky, I suspect that Jordan's posyion will be on right wing.

To me the first & most important question is whether SamW's Achilles is still "grumpy". If so he & Lurch have to start with ScoBar the 19: I think Frizell did enough to hold the 6 jersey. Next question is does Samisoni start, or do you hold him back until Marx takes the field? Either way & despite how good Coles was I think you need your best scrummaging hooker out there & that's Taylor IMO. You might also want a reserve prop who offers something in general play as well as set piece, so I'd defo have Williams for Laulala.

RMo should start & whereas Narawa was good on debut I think the 14 has to be a second fullback so if Jordan's migraines are under control it's him, if not Stevenson. Beaugan holds 15, DMac at 23, Faianga'anuku for Clarke if fit.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Very pleasing performance.

Rieko and Jordie straight out of the Rokocoko and Nonu playbook of 'start playing seriously once test season rolls around'.

ABs attack looked much better. DMac is a huge part of that. That was a marker laid down by DMac - my gut says we need DMac at 10 to have our attack clicking - he takes control at 10 in a way the others don't.

Really pleased for Lord - the talent has always been there but great to see it in action in a test.

Defence looked more physical too.

Bench could do with some improving but there's players that are yet to play that can do that I think

Boks game should be a cracker.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Oh my! Man I wish we could play like that. NZ were in real in that first half. Unstoppable.
It's almost like tier 1 nations vs tier 2. Aus and pumas are not close to the boks and NZ. Scary thing is the pumas looked way better than the wallabies. If the wallabies splayed the way they did against that NZ team it would have been 80-10

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Yes meant Barrett and Frizell sorry not whitelock!

yes wingers there is plenty of so not concerned if it’s Clarke, Lester, jorden, telea, Narawa or even Stevenson however I think after super rugby of all fit and available Lester and jorden would be first picked
Especially if Barrett has locked up 15

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Very pleasing performance.

Rieko and Jordie straight out of the Rokocoko and Nonu playbook of 'start playing seriously once test season rolls around'.

ABs attack looked much better. DMac is a huge part of that. That was a marker laid down by DMac - my gut says we need DMac at 10 to have our attack clicking - he takes control at 10 in a way the others don't.

Really pleased for Lord - the talent has always been there but great to see it in action in a test.

Defence looked more physical too.

Bench could do with some improving but there's players that are yet to play that can do that I think

Boks game should be a cracker.
Agree Kiwi, will say I thought DMac played a lot flatter to line than RMo usually does and wonder if that is to help stop the need for the pod system?
I was real pleased , while still thinking it one game and the Boks will be much better, but good way to start year!