• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

July Internationals 2023 - matches not involving Australia

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Foster Springs Surprise Back 3 Selections

--NZ Herald--

All Blacks coach Ian Foster has made somewhat of a surprise selection in regards to the makeup of his back 3 for the first test of the season in Argentina.

11. George Bridge
14. Grant Batty
15. Beauden Barrett

1661738633220-removebg-preview.png

"Beaudy has 112 test caps don’t you know. His experience will be vital in such a high pressure match. Bridgey is safe as houses under the high ball and is also a kicking option. On the other wing, Batts assures me he still has what it takes and his experience will be vital in such a high pressure match no, sorry, no further questions thank you.”

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
All Blacks naming their team at 3:30.. in the morning. Are they trying to kill any interest in their game?? Just wait 5 hours or do it 5 hours early. Not that hard.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
All Blacks naming their team at 3:30.. in the morning. Are they trying to kill any interest in their game?? Just wait 5 hours or do it 5 hours early. Not that hard.
Um mate, they release it for the Argentina market, you know where the game is being played. It is almost always released at 4pm of the place where they playing! Has been that case for ABs as long as I remember as a rule.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
3:30am NZT is lunchtime in Argentina (NZ 15 hours ahead) so straight after training the day before captain's run which sounds about right to me.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Um mate, they release it for the Argentina market, you know where the game is being played. It is almost always released at 4pm of the place where they playing! Has been that case for ABs as long as I remember as a rule.
Well their long standing rule sucks, there’s ample cross over for both markets that don’t land in the middle of the night.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Pumas vs All Blacks

Pumas starting XV:

15 Emiliano Boffelli
14 Bautista Delguy
13 Matías Moroni
12 Lucio Cinti
11 Mateo Carreras
10 Santiago Carreras
9 Gonzalo Bertranou
8 Rodrigo Bruni
7 Juan Martín González
6 Pablo Matera
5 Tomás Lavanini
4 Matías Alemanno
3 Lucio Sordoni
2 Julián Montoya (C)
1 Thomas Gallo

16 Agustín Creevy
17 Mayco Vivas
18 Eduardo Bello
19 Pedro Rubiolo
20 Santiago Grondona
21 Lautaro Bazán Vélez
22 Nicolás Sánchez
23 Matías Orlando

All Blacks starting XV

15 Beauden Barrett
14 Emoni Narawa
13 Rieko Ioane
12 Jordie Barrett
11 Caleb Clarke
10 Damian McKenzie
9 Aaron Smith
8 Ardie Savea
7 Sam Cane (C)
6 Shannon Frizell
5 Josh Lord
4 Scott Barrett
3 Tyrel Lomax
2 Dane Coles
1 Ethan De Groot.

16 Codie Taylor
17 Ofa Tu'ungafasi
18 Nepo Laulala
19 Tupou Vaa'i
20 Dalton Papali'i
21 Finlay Christie
22 Richie Mo'unga
23 Braydon Ennor

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting AB team, fairly heavily weighted with players who haven't played in final of super etc, so can understand that, we got Boks next week, and WC year etc.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well their long standing rule sucks, there’s ample cross over for both markets that don’t land in the middle of the night.
Yep not sure why it always been so, but to be honest not something that ever really worried me. I guess the whole idea is to get major bang in the country where test is being played? I genuinely don't think it in anyway kills interest in game the game in NZ anyway, well I haven't heard or even read of anyone being upset over it.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
15 Beauden Barrett
14 Emoni Narawa
13 Rieko Ioane
12 Jordie Barrett
11 Caleb Clarke
10 Damian McKenzie
9 Aaron Smith
That could be the most defensively shaky backline I have ever seen named to start an All Black test.

They better score a few because they will leak 40 pts.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Good time for the form flyhalf of the comp, McKenzie, to show he can replicate it at the next level.
I would hope the jersey is his to lose but knowing Flapbrained Fozzie he's just resting Mounga for the Boks a week later.

Fozzie has always been allergic to settled lineups. Yep, rest and rotate, that'll get us healthily through to the RWC 1/8 exit as a discombobulated mess of low-confidence unsettled combinations.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Good time for the form flyhalf of the comp, McKenzie, to show he can replicate it at the next level.
Yep. He was that this year.

My gut feel still has Mo'unga as first choice 10 for the ABs - but the Super Rugby stats are impressive for DMac.

Really good graphical presentation of it below ... for the stats nerds among us:

FzbnpvQWwAISn3L.jpg

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
4 years in and Foster still can't select a team.

He picks 3 opensides and 3 first fives in his 23 meaning there's no proper cover for 12 or 8.

Frizell sucks on the field, is a bad person off of the field and is off overseas next year yet he leads this charmed life where he gets the 6 jersey.

Only one debutant picked where Foz's hand was forced with Telea and Jordan unavailable.

Just as well it's the last year of this clown.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hell I like the team named, reasonable mix I thought, I worlds biggest Roigard fan, but have no probs with Christie getting a look off bench.
And I will bet an awful lot that Ryan has selected froward pack, and got what he wants.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Frizell sucks on the field, is a bad person off of the field and is off overseas next year yet he leads this charmed life where he gets the 6 jersey.
Goddamnit this sentence should come with a trigger warning. Now I'm getting all riled up again. Please dont tell me flap-brained Fozzie picked Frizzle at 6 in both the other 2 losses vs Argentina. That would be the definitiion of insanity to pick him for a 3rd time...

Argies should park the suspended Kremer on their bench just so he can shout insults at the pea-hearted wifebasher every time he runs past and own him all over again.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Goddamnit this sentence should come with a trigger warning. Now I'm getting all riled up again. Please dont tell me flap-brained Fozzie picked Frizzle at 6 in both the other 2 losses vs Argentina. That would be the definitiion of insanity to pick him for a 3rd time...

Argies should park the suspended Kremer on their bench just so he can shout insults at the pea-hearted wifebasher every time he runs past and own him all over again.

Pretty sure Frizzell started in both defeats.