• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

July Internationals 2023 - matches not involving Australia

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The squads are not official until 1 September.

"Springbok head coach Jacques Nienaber on Monday confirmed that the 33-man squad announced two weeks ago in Randburg has been submitted to Word Rugby, meaning no alterations can now be made unless there are injuries."

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, it's an interesting one: the earlier squads are released the more guaranteed access you have to your 33, the later you leave it, the greater perception of availability you'll have,

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This thread'll do...

The English commentary...

hysterical-laughter.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well if that game an indication, I wouldn't write off Samoa in their pool. Geez this has the makings of a fun WC coming up!

Mind you, as with Poms/Fiji I wonder if we should just perhaps stop and think that it's almost like preseason games anywhere, not sure everyone is absolutely switched on.

Last edited:

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
This thread'll do...

hysterical-laughter.gif
Fucking Fiji go you good things!
Lol England

What a moment for this Fiji team. Admittedly a shadow of pass English teams, but seeing the Fijian's put one over them at the English home ground brings a smile to my face.

England look a right mess atm. Fiji shoring up some of their shortcomings such as their set piece and comfortably kicking their penalties/conversions has turned them into a genuine threat as a team.

As for the negative. Fiji could be a genuine banana skin for the Wallabies in the RWC. Would love to see them do a number on Wales however :)

To my mind, England were summed up in Danny Care's dropped ball 5-10 out.
catch-catch-ball.gif

Last edited:

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
By geez Samoa and Ireland game is a good watch too.
Samoa with a tad more accuracy with elements of their execution could have (should dare I say) won that one. Player for player they have the athletes, but they just lacked that bit of Rugby IQ and ability to execute when it matters - ie. the multiple penalties that they either botched in kicking to the corner or a poor lineout nullified the possible advantage which was a shame.

This RWC is ripe for some upsets I think, though I agree with @Dan54, I don't think I'd read too much into some of these games just yet. Coaches trying things, NH teams getting some game time under their belts, but that said I still don't think any of these teams want to be loosing.

Last edited:

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
It's such a shame to see Japan looking to be regressing as an international team. There is a sloppiness to some of their play which is in stark contrast to what we saw in 2019 where they out Irelanded, Ireland.

They really need to be included in something like the Rugby Championships if they are going to continue to evolve. You can see Italy's inclusion in the Six Nations starting to bear fruit.

Any Rebels fans shitty to see Monty look like a different player when playing for Italy.

Bloke was a hack this year.

I know he came back with some other things on his mind.
Yes. I don't think even he would say it was a great SuperRugby season for him.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Italy looked really good.

Less Gucci, more gnocchi these days

If Cotton Wool Beaudy, the spindly remnants of Retallicka and Whitelock, the shell of Cane and Super Rugby Superstar Mounga rock up to RWC vs Italy expecting a shits and giggles cricket score they could come a HUGE cropper.

Lose to France (probable) and Italy (possible) and they're out of RWC in the pool stages;- cue GALES of motherfucking laughter worldwide

drewprint

John Solomon (38)

If Cotton Wool Beaudy, the spindly remnants of Retallicka and Whitelock, the shell of Cane and Super Rugby Superstar Mounga rock up to RWC vs Italy expecting a shits and giggles cricket score they could come a HUGE cropper.

Lose to France (probable) and Italy (possible) and they're out of RWC in the pool stages;- cue GALES of motherfucking laughter worldwide
IMG_3388.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
This thread'll do...

hysterical-laughter.gif

It was absolutely glorious. The colour comments guy was trying to be unbiased but, as the loss became ever more likely, he went full-Stransky. The exasperation became a palpable presence in the booth and the Proud England Man basically revealed that he was in denial that such an impossible result was about to come to pass against Tier 2 twickers warmup fodder. I think at that juncture I had to take my telescope out just to see the tip of my stiffy achieving moon orbit.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)

I generally only see B Barrett when he’s playing the Wallabies, and the prick generally tears it up against us. But in this game I got a true glimpse into your frustrations with him - the dill was in 100% good time, throw and giggle, carnival footy mode.