• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

July Internationals 2023 - matches not involving Australia

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
laughgif.gif

The best thing about the "show ignored content" function is that having seen said content & instantly regreting having done so you can kinda un-see it by simply refreshing your screen. Nice.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah I'm more skeptical than @KiwiM
Horribly, it was a dreaded Barrett crossfield kick that actually came off that seemed to get them back in the groove again? Good luck relying on that highwire shit to come off when you're under the kosh and half-choking at RWC vs Ire or Fra.....

Despite the PTSD of Beaudie for the Blues not all cross kicks are bad. Just like Kearns old claim that all chip kicks are bad was rubbish.

It was an excellent play as Beauden switched play to the blindside and spotted the overlap and a pinpoint kick for Jordan to score.

There's not a huge amount of space in big match test rugby so good kicking can be very effective. Emphasis on good.

The problem in Super Rugby is Blues were just cross kicking as part of a pre planned move (constantly) rather than kicking to space.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Depressingly I think the All Blacks and the Wallabies had similar plans of attack against South Africa, run them off their feet and put bombs up in their 22 yet we just don't have the skills to compete like NZ do.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The only match this weekend?

ps fuck Japan and their frankenfuck pisstake team GO THE SAMOA

Japan (15-1): Ryohei Yamanaka, Kotaro Matsushima, Dylan Riley, Nakano, Jone Naikabula, Seungsin Lee, Yutaka Nagare, Michael Leitch, Kazuki Himeno, Jack Cornelsen, Amato Fakatava, James Moore, Jiwon Gu, Atushi Sakata (c), Keita Inagaki

Reserves: Shota Horie, Craig Millar, Shinnosuke Kakinaga, Uwe Helu, Fukui, Naoto Saito, Rikiya Matsuda, Tomoki Osada

Samoa (15-1): Danny Toala, Neria Foma’i, Ulupano Seuteni, Duncan Paia’aua, Tumua Manu, Christian Leali’iafano, Jonathan Taumateine, So’otala Fa’aso’o, Alamanda Motuga, Taleni Seu, Michael Curry, Brian Alainu’uese, Paul Alo-Emile (c), Luteru Tolai, Jordan Lay.

Reserves: Ray Nivia, Tietie Tuimauga, Charlie Faumuina, Genesis Mamea-Lemalu, Miracle Fai’ilagi, Melani Matavao, Martini Talapusi, Ed Fidow.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Fiji are playing Tonga before that. Could be a cracker:

Fiji’s team:

1. Peni Ravai, 2. Sam Matavesi, 3. Mesake Doge, 4. Isoa Nasilasila, 5. Temo Mayanavanua, 6. Lekima Tagitagivalu, 7. Levani Botia, 8. Albert Tuisue, 9. Frank Lomani, 10. Caleb Muntz, 11. Selesitino Ravutaumada, 12. Josua Tuisova, 13. Waisea Nayacalevu(captain), 14. Jiuta Wainiqolo, 15. Sireli Maqala

Reserves – 16. Tevita Ikanivere, 17. Eroni Mawi, 18. Luke Tagi, 19. Te Ahiwaru Cirikidaveta, 20. Vilimate Mata, 21. Peni Matawalu, 22. Ben Volavola, 23. Semi Radradra

Tonga’s team:

1. Siegfrtied Fisi’ihoi, 2. Siua Maile, 3. Ben Tameifuna, 4. Halaleva Fifita, 5. Samiuela Lousi, 6. Tanginoa Halaifonua, 7. Solomone Funaki, 8. Vaea Fifita, 9. Sonatane Takulua (captain), 10. Otumaka Mausia, 11. Solomone Kata, 12. Malakai Fekitoa, 13. Afusipa Taumoepeau, 14. Fine Inisi, 15. Salesi Piutau

Reserves – 16. Samiuela Moli, 17. Feao Fotuaika, 18. Tau Koloamatangi, 19. Sitiveni Mafi, 20. Sione Vailanu, 21. Manu Paea, 22. Patrick Pellegrini, 23. Kyren Taumoefolau

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Where does one catch the Japan v Somoa or Fiji v Tonga game in Australia? The Fiji in particular I'm really interested in watching.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Absolute clowncar shambles from Raynal for Japans "try". Knock-ons both ways then the j-player basically spikes the ball in the endzone, little Mathieu Napoleon decides try and after 20 minutes of TMO clips stubbornly refuses to admit he got it wrong 3 different ways up the khyber.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ missed that due to Farah Palmer Cup but sounds like standard Raynal, dunnit.

Edit: I'm seriously impressed that G&GR's acronym whisperers know what "F.P.C." means - there's alleged rugby journos this side of the ditch who haven't a clue.

Edit: speaking of F.P.C. Tasman about to kick off their season so must dash.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ only caught the last 10-odd minutes but going by the scoreline it looked like it must've been an entertaining match.
Was a bloody good game WOB, really ebjoyed the whole game!
And I will be honest, I enjoyed the Japan/Samoa game. I find watching games like these 2 where I don't give a rt's a*** who wins, bloody good.
Watched these 2 after coming home from watching a good 1st XV college game, in quite cool(some would say freezing) climes!
A bloody good day of rugby!

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Scotland team named for Italy clash.

F19FF17XoAA5KWj

Lots of starters missing to provide opportunity. The two Rory's with the biggest opportunity to stamp their authority on the game and stake a claim for the starters jerseys. Cap on a big 15 months from Stafford, having gone from lucky to not be squeezed out at Glasgow to deservedly making this squad ahead of a lot of more established players like Bennett and Johnson.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
@waiopehu oldboy , here it is mate;
Argentina:
15 Juan Cruz Mallia 14 Mateo Carreras, 13 Lucio Cinti, 12 Santiago Chocobares, 11 Juan Imhoff, 10 Santiago Carreras, 9 Lautaro Bazan Velez, 8 Juan Martin Gonzalez, 7 Santiago Grondona, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Tomas Lavanini, 4 Lucas Paulos, 3 Francisco Gomez-Kodela, 2 Julian Montoya, 1 Thomas Gallo
Replacements: 16 Ignacio Ruiz, 17 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 18 Joel Sclavi, 19 Pedro Rubiolo, 20 Facundo Isa, 21 Gonzalo Bertranou, 22 Tomas Albornoz, 23 Matias Moroni