• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
^^^^^^^ Kinda makes you wonder at what point Dave Smith will recant on not giving the Titans the arse, they're starting to make Cronulla & the other Dank-tainted clubs look like saints.

Its seen as Gibraltar (maybe Im out of date) in the battle amongst the codes, but the NRL is heading for their 3rd failed club in that neck of the woods and even the infallible AFL have had 2 - i think

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^ dont know about AFL pre-Suns but, yes, Gold Coast Chargers & Seagulls both tried & died bringing league to the GC. I just hope they don't rebrand & relocate the Titans to Ipswich, I still have hopes that QRU might be persuaded to hand over an NRC licence to some kind of South Brisbane JV. If the Ipswich Bombers get airborne first, may as well forget about that.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
^^^^^ dont know about AFL pre-Suns but, yes, Gold Coast Chargers & Seagulls both tries & died bringing league to the GC. I just hope they don't rebrand & relocate the Titans to Ipswich, I still have hopes that QRU might be persuaded to hand over an NRC licence to some kind of South Brisbane JV. If the Ipswich Bombers get airborne first, may as well forget about that.

Im no local but it might be a good place to stay away from - perhaps I should said it was more like the Bermuda Triangle for sports teams.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This article from 2011 is a police union official who at the time was campaigning for greater manning on the Gold Coast to reduce hours and the workload, crime rates have actually declined since then not that this is statistical evidence of the Gold Coast supposedly been the "Kings Cross on Steroids" anyway..

Just to put it in perspective, the Gold Coast averages 1.3 shootings per month, Western Sydney alone average 17 shooting per month. Yes Western Sydney has a greater population, but that's not proportionate to the number of shootings.

Western Sydney is worse, but I wasn't comparing it to western Sydney:)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Surely all this must make a mockery of the drug testing for sportsmen in this country. How have these guys not been picked up before this?

I think someone has previously said that ASADA only test for recreational substances DURING the season assuming that a sportsperson could be as high as a U2 Spyplane on cocaine in the offseason and get off scot free provided no performance enhancing substances were found.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surely all this must make a mockery of the drug testing for sportsmen in this country. How have these guys not been picked up before this?

If we're talking cocaine, it barely lasts days in your system.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
^^^ I think someone has previously said that ASADA only test for recreational substances DURING the season assuming that a sportsperson could be as high as a U2 Spyplane on cocaine in the offseason and get off scot free provided no performance enhancing substances were found.

We should run a poll to find out how many readers think that's an iTunes EP

T

TOCC

If we're talking cocaine, it barely lasts days in your system.

I've done drug testing in a previous job, guys i worked with had tested negative on Monday and they were doing lines on Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)

Administrators aren't interested in having star players caught. Testing is laughably lax, for both recreational and performance enhancing drugs.

There are going to be a lot of boys feeling pretty nervous right now.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Administrators aren't interested in having star players caught. Testing is laughably lax, for both recreational and performance enhancing drugs.

There are going to be a lot of boys feeling pretty nervous right now.
It's also expensive. Are you really going to test a high volume of players week in week out through the entire year?

How many drug tests should a player receive on average each year both in competition and out? It becomes a very large number of tests very quickly.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The Cops in Qld and probably throughout Australia take Swabs of saliva from motor vehicle drivers randomly.

I understand those swabs are tested somewhere reasonably in expensively and if positive the driver is charged a month or two later.

It cannot be too difficult a process if the Qld Police can do it

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Merrylands can be a little volatile and in and around the Bsnkstown area has been a bit of a hotspot. But 17 a month. Seems a bit high.

Yep, but doesn't mean someone got shot. Means someone was shooting a gun. Drive by and all that shit.

Another reason to decriminalise illicit drugs - if people aren't making black market money out of it, it devalues the product to the point where they're legit businessmen.

But then I'm also all for bikies being locked in a pit together with large pieces of sharp metal instruments and left to their own devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.