• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So what Slim? There is hardly any evidence at all in the public domain about any of this at all, although apparently sufficient to sustain us for 2305 posts.

Discussing what's been reported about the case is one thing.............

Inventing facts is another...............

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The other issue that exacerbates the entire situation is that we all have our "sources" and "mail", and nobody is willing to name names in order to protect them and not be banned from the forum. (this journio this is easy, aye)

I expect that many people (including some sitting on the panel in about 50 minutes) do know the full story - including whether link knew about these texts in June - yet won't talk for one reason or another.

Sadly, this comes across (rightfully) as a lack of transparency, making the fans very unhappy.

That answers one of my questions - when is _this_ stage of the saga going to be over...

T

Train Without a Station

Possibly the events on the plane could possibly be construed as bullying.

Being approached about a 2 week old bill, unless there was intimidation tactics used, regardless of the location, surely would not.

Neither really changes the first issue though.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Discussing what's been reported about the case is one thing.....

Inventing facts is another.....

Plenty of people have been happy to decide that anything from an anonymous source is inventing facts.

All I would describe it as is unsubstantiated, which is currently where just about everything sits.

There was an argument on the plane but it has become very apparent that the argument has very little to do with the crux of the issue. It was merely the point where this went from being a private issue within the ARU to a very public one.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
If the supposition about a 70-page submission is true, and the tribunal is at 5pm tonight, then there is little to no chance it will be resolved tonight.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Who texted what to who and when is probably going to require forensic examination of both phones. If this has not been done already this may not be a one day event.

If the ARU does not have the second phone this may all become just way too hard to get any determination from the Tribunal. The clause in the Code requiring an experienced judge or legal practitioner may prove to have been well thought out after all.

I am assuming this is the Code of Conduct we are talking about.
http://www.rugby.com.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=3cJMoqgJdXg=&tabid=1968

If there is seventy pages of evidence one might assume some other issues will be canvassed which might be considered other breaches of the Code of Conduct.

If they cannot get a crystal clear outcome the ARU is going to have to be very open about the reasons why.

A second phone? No dobut the texts were sent from the grassy knoll.

The mystery deepens.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Might I be so bold to ask, how KB (Kurtley Beale) could be found guility of anything if the victim/witness does not give evidence?

(Without condoning any of the alleged conduct)

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
That's a bugger. I had assumed they would have been hard at it all day. I suppose the judge is working on something more important.

Mind you if there are no witnesses to be cross examined and all evidence has already been submitted then maybe they just need to meet, confirm each other's decision and agree on a punishment.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Possibly the events on the plane could possibly be construed as bullying.

Being approached about a 2 week old bill, unless there was intimidation tactics used, regardless of the location, surely would not.

Neither really changes the first issue though.
This is the bit I love, it just seems so bizarre that no one could possibly invent it.
Even my fucking mother in law. Who is like a dog with a bone,would know it's somewhat inappropriate to be discussing these things at that time.
Does she think the players have a credit card in their socks, or was she expecting him to pull out a couple of hundreds from his boots?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This is the bit I love, it just seems so bizarre that no one could possibly invent it.
Even my fucking mother in law. Who is like a dog with a bone,would know it's somewhat inappropriate to be discussing these things at that time.
Does she think the players have a credit card in their socks, or was she expecting him to pull out a couple of hundreds from his boots?

If it's true...........

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well I guess in my eyes the facts are as followed.

There was an argument on the plane.

There were text messages of offensive nature sent from Beale to Di

One of the two has resigned.

The manager of both (link) resigned.

My only thought is Kurtley has to go as well as its his 3rd strike as such.

Even if evidence comes out Di bullied him. The response isn't to bully back.

In my opinion I can not see a situation where he stays with an ARU contract.

Unless evidence comes to light he didn't send the message to Di then he has no ARU contract, and should be banned for at least the end of year tour.

He can play for the Tahs (if they think it's acceptable) he can earn match payments after he servers the ban. Maybe make it a year so he misses a world cup.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Professional mouthguards come with Paypass now.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In my opinion I can not see a situation where he stays with an ARU contract.

Unless evidence comes to light he didn't send the message to Di then he has no ARU contract, and should be banned for at least the end of year tour.

He can play for the Tahs (if they think it's acceptable) he can earn match payments after he servers the ban. Maybe make it a year so he misses a world cup.

This seems both a reasonable punishment and a reasonably likely outcome in my view.

Mortal Wombat

Allen Oxlade (6)
in another major development The Daily Telegraph can reveal the ARU have accepted that the alleged text exchange between Beale and Patston tended as evidence in the Wallabies star’s code of conduct hearing has been manipulated.

How is that possible? The hearing doesn't even start for another 20 minutes. If the ARU is making judgments about the evidence before the hearing, how fair dinkum is it?

I suspect someone has leaked the defence, and the ARU haven't accepted anything, yet.

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
This seems both a reasonable punishment and a reasonably likely outcome in my view.

Braveheart, if you could stop coming out with reasonable, well reasoned posts that I'm consistently in agreement with, that would be great. I would like to get back to unsubstantiated witch hunts and wild accusations if you don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.