• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
My recollection was that the ARU had its ears pinned back making judgements about the evidence.

In particular most specific and judgemental about the most offensive text.

Should have kept their mouths shut until after the Tribunal in the first place.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
My recollection was that the ARU had its ears pinned back making judgements about the evidence.

In particular most specific and judgemental about the most offensive text.

Should have kept their mouths shut until after the Tribunal in the first place.

Well, if you were writing a book about organisational incompetence this affair would be a chapter.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
TWAS needs counselling on sensitive forum participation and respecting the emotional needs of a misunderstood player who was just reaching out. Suggested penalty: one strike with a wet noodle and a caution to curb this heartless behaviour for a month or the noodle comes out again.

Nah - surely there's a duty of care to TWAS that should allow him to sound off on whatever topic takes his fancy, (as we all do).;)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
well the response from foley was "get this bird in the air" so that gives a clue. I think it's a common expression used by some players meaning "we are now taking off"

its the hashtag I believe. As a reference to the word found in the headlines to the latest Beale articles this morning.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Actually, I'd like to revise my theory - Di Patston is actually Starscream from the Decepticons.

Ewen is actually Megatron and they were just waiting for the World Cup to launch their takeover of Earth under the nose of Optimus Prime.

"get this bird in the air"

You know what flies? Starscream.

"wheels up"

You know what has wheels? Decepticons.

It's concluded then.

Kurtley Beale has saved the planet.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Someone who is more into conspiracy theories have a crack at this one.

#pigs
  • gips is an anagram of pigs.
  • gips is an acronym for German International Poetry slam
  • 'Wheels up' meaning Beale will execute his plan of flying to Germany and becoming a poet, after his hearing.
Alternatively.........
  • pigs is an acronym for Pride Integrity Guts Service (and is a derisive term for police)
  • What if Beale has been working undercover for the Federal Police to expose Patston and Link for embezzling funds from the ARU, and for recruiting members for ISIS?
  • And pigs is the name of the covert branch that deals with these matters?
  • So Beale is a hero?

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Does she think the players have a credit card in their socks, or was she expecting him to pull out a couple of hundreds from his boots?

Stay with that thought ILTW.
In the old days of shamateurs, event organisers used to leave the cash for their star's appearance in the athlete's boots.
A famous English decathlete was renowned for collecting his money this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom