• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Fascinating. News appear to be well entrenched in both camps. No wonder the SMH is pissed off. All the players in the UK and probably very sensibly likely to keep their mouths shut.

I do not understand the significance of the Hooper conversation though. He is 22yo and she has all these behavioural and HR qualifications and experience.

Now we are back to the incident on the plane simple maths says 300 pages should be achievable here. With the school rugby season over the scholarship thread should now be considered under threat.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If this goes to a civil case, could KB (Kurtley Beale) be compelled to provide the names of players the original text was sent?

I am going to predict BP will be gone before all this is over. Nothing about his management from the point this came to light has been good enough. He is too soft to deal with player issues and doesn't have the necessary sports experience to understand where money can be saved. It is completely different to a normal business, the team support staff is the last place they should have been trying to save money. Prerequisites must be extensive sports management experience with at least several years of this outside rugby.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
This is precisely the type of damage the game and all parties will continue to suffer if this is not brought swiftly to conclusion with full disclosure. Probably wishful thinking on two fronts.

This piece in the SMH today by Oliver Brown, chief sports feature writer of The Daily Telegraph, London.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/elite-sport-remains-a-cesspit-of-casual-misogyny-20141024-11b67a.html

The piece is actually a global commentary identifying a lot of other examples of misogyny but including as fact that Beale sent the second text with the comment "Who wants a go f------ this?", mentions the insinuations that Patston is McKenzie's mistress and concludes the article:

One wonders why Beale is being reintegrated into the Wallabies, when Patston is understood to be receiving medication for stress over the mess that he created in her career. One despairs at the suggestions of "rehabilitating" rapist Evans within football when a young woman bears the scars of his crime for a lifetime. And one is aghast at the notion of a redemptive outcome for Pistorius, when poor Reeva Steenkamp will never draw another breath.

T

Train Without a Station

I think that I if was, indeed, Kurtley, I would be profoundly disappointed at the way peole were oh so keen so write me off.

Oh so keen.

Well you'd be removed from reality then. People are so keen to write Kurtley off due to his past.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Sorry where is the evidence for any of that and who are you blaming? Why was Patston poor at her job? You're still speculating and assasinating the characters of people whom have not done anything wrong as far as we know. Give it up

Paradox, I made no mention of Patston's job performance.
I did make mention of management ineptitude, will stand by that comment and am not alone holding that opinion.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Fascinating. News appear to be well entrenched in both camps. No wonder the SMH is pissed off. All the players in the UK and probably very sensibly likely to keep their mouths shut.

I do not understand the significance of the Hooper conversation though. He is 22yo and she has all these behavioural and HR qualifications and experience.

Now we are back to the incident on the plane simple maths says 300 pages should be achievable here. With the school rugby season over the scholarship thread should now be considered under threat.

Well, Wayne Smith is indicating that some other Waratahs players are involved, and Beale had them redacted from his evidence to protect them. You don't think that maybe a campaign from certain parts of the Wallaby camp against McKenzie and Patston, particularly through the media and people like Georgina Robinson, now makes a bit of sense? Trying to protect their own skin by discrediting the other people involved. Not just Beale involved here.

It also seems that Rebecca Wilson lied about the other text being "fabricated".

I would suggest that things aren't black and white like you earlier claimed.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Why didn't Patston hand over her phone for review?
Was it her personal phone or was it supplied by the ARU, her employer?
If it was her own phone then she had every right to refuse to hand it over, but a forensic review could have supported her case.
If it was the ARU's phone, why are they unable to retrieve it?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think you are highly unlikely to see the police lay criminal charges if a person presents a single insulting message and says they want charges laid.

Using a Carriageway to threaten or harass"

The carriageway used to be Roman roads, now actually includes cyberspace. This is a real cruiminal offence, certainly in Queensland

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Using a Carriageway to threaten or harass"

The carriageway used to be Roman roads, now actually includes cyberspace. This is a real cruiminal offence, certainly in Queensland

It's using a carriage service and yes, I agree that there is a criminal offence for this.

Look at the prosecutions under these laws though. To my knowledge they've only attempted to prosecute people for the most violent and aggressive ongoing cases of this sort of thing.

The fact that a criminal offence exists for something is by no means a reflection that criminal charges will be laid every time it is considered that they may have broken the law.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The ARU's reaction to the latest claims in the Wayne Smith article in The Australian will be interesting.

My guess is that it's going to be hard for them to do much about it. Unless someone from within the team spills their guts to provide evidence for the ARU to follow up it would seem very hard to make anything happen.

It would seem to me that the only way things could be effectively uncovered would have been all the people involved to have appeared at Beale's hearing and given evidence in person which could then be followed up with cross examination.

The claims made by Patston in the Wayne Smith article are certainly explosive but the impact would surely have been far greater if they'd come out in the middle of the hearing than after it had been wound up.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It's using a carriage service and yes, I agree that there is a criminal offence for this.

Look at the prosecutions under these laws though. To my knowledge they've only attempted to prosecute people for the most violent and aggressive ongoing cases of this sort of thing.

The fact that a criminal offence exists for something is by no means a reflection that criminal charges will be laid every time it is considered that they may have broken the law.

Mate to be honest I know a young bloke who, in the heat of trying to get with a young lady, ended up being rebuked, and then he sent an inappropriate sms "you're a fucking slut" or words to that effect.

The girls relative was a female copper who had the 17 yr old lad charged. Pretty damm unusual.

Kid ended up pleading guilty, fined $300 or $400 with a No Conviction recorded.

Unusual yes - but "justice" in Queensland took its course

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That's one interpretation. My interpretation is that its something that a 22 year old male without much real life experience would say when he wants to express sympathy and give her some hope for the future. They don't give you training as a counsellor in Camp Wallaby, you train to play rugby. It was crass, unhelpful but probably well-intentioned. 99% of 22 year old males would have said the same or worse.

Bang on.

Gotta remember here that while some of us are looking at this through the eyes of married men who have a very small inkling of how women operate, some of these guys would have zero chance of dealing with an emotional woman.

cornetto

Peter Burge (5)
If Di wanted her say she had her opportunity at the tribunal on Friday when she was asked to appear. She refused. She had an opportunity for her phone to be examined and she refused. Now she has turned around and said that she felt sick at the result and the KB (Kurtley Beale) article on Sunday. You had your chance to make it right Di, and you refused? Now we are all supposed to feel sorry for her - the article appears in the paper the next day with "her story" - what a fucking set up. If she wanted it all over with, and a "just" result then she should have stood up last week. If anyone thinks she isnt working this all out with her lawyers to maximise her potential payout your kidding yourself. What a fucking joke.

Im disgusted in the lot of them, KB (Kurtley Beale), Link, Pulver, Di, the journos. Its just a fucking circus with no end.

Yes Cheiks, No winners in this at all. You are our only hope.....

Status
Not open for further replies.