• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Looks like you jsut did. Well done. You win a free hug from me. Redeemable after you feed me 10 beers.
Found this great German beer called 'alkoholfrei'. You wake up the next morning feeling fantastic. Never had a hangover. I'll buy you 10 of those.

My arms are outstretched waiting for my hug.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Found this great German beer called 'alkoholfrei'. You wake up the next morning feeling fantastic. Never had a hangover. I'll buy you 10 of those.

My arms are outstretched waiting for my hug.

Sounds better than the crap the serve at AAMI park. Put me down for 20. I'll just need to pre-load pre-win n Fat Yak before I try some of your special brew.

I am a considerate hugger.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
This is the same ARU that in its submission on penalty asked for Beale to be sacked and then the next day announced that it was opening negotiations with him for next year? They're all over the shop - and alas it's not getting any better.

I wouldn't call what the ARU said (or has to do) unique as I am aware of many employers who have lost unlawful termination cases and have been ordered to reinstate people. As a result they have had to negotiate new employment terms straight away in the absence of an enterprise agreement.

He's still a contracted player and the ARU said negotiations had been on hold. He did not have his contract terminated therefore the ARU resumes what had been started prior to the inquiry.

In my view, Beale's negotiation leverage would be somewhat lessened as they discuss peripheral matters like - growing the game, being an ambassador of the ARU and Australian rugby etc. I'm not saying these are the linchpins in getting signatures on the dotted line by all parties, but they will be factors.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
What is the basis for a top up contract? Being constantly picked for 2 seasons at wallaby level? Being first or 2nd best in your preferred position? Marketability? Sydney links ;) ?
Kidding about the last one.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Another 200 pages............

KURTLEY Beale is not out of the woods yet, with the ARU to this week reopen the investigation into the midair argument with former staffer Di Patston that kicked off the drama.

The Daily Telegraph also understands the entire saga may​ now move into the courtroom, with Patston considering legal options regarding matters of the turbulent last month.

Civil proceedings could ultimately be the only way of determining the origin of the mysterious second​ lewd text message, which was proved to not have come from Beale’s phone during via a group Whatsapp exchange.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-with-di-patston/story-fni2g0wi-1227102750067

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
I think that I if was, indeed, Kurtley, I would be profoundly disappointed at the way peole were oh so keen so write me off.

Oh so keen.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wonder what lengths the ARU will or won't go to to find the source of the other message, which apparently is not "fabricated" now according to other articles. Thanks, Rebecca Wilson.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Christ.

What a pack of shrill, self-important wankers

Just out of interest. If Beale was hanged in Martin Place tomorrow. Would that satisfy you?

A simple yes, or no will suffice.Thanks

Welcome.

I suspect your time here will be short if your future posts do not show an attitude adjustment.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Good question. Fair question, even.

I think that KB (Kurtley Beale) deserves special treatment, yes I do.

Is it because he's our only indigenous player for some time? Maybe.

Is it because he's prodigiously talented? Maybe.

Is it because what he's done, is not much worse than what any of us has done, not at 25, but at 35.

When did we get so uptight?

No-one is saying he shouldn't be penalised. But even Di herself recognised, reluctantly otherwise, that KB (Kurtley Beale) deserved some latitude.

Ban me if you like, uber-Mods. But ask yourself, when it was when you got all entitled to cast the first stone?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think that I if was, indeed, Kurtley, I would be profoundly disappointed at the way peole were oh so keen so write me off.

Oh so keen.
If indeed you were Kurtley,and you were in fact profoundly disappointed.
Then it should be at that fucking clown you see in the mirror when you shave.
you should be feeling deeply embarrassed,rather than vindicated ATM.

As an aside, BP has to be kidding.
Letting this debacle fester for anther week is confirmation that he is absolutely fucking clueless in managing media speculation.
What the fuck happened to "KB (Kurtley Beale) is now eligible for the EOY tour?"
Make a call and stick to it Bill!

That's the problem with many career CEO's,they just want to clip the ticket and maintain the status quo.Dont ruffle feathers,don't scare the horses etc etc

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
His rap sheet is there for all to see. I think he's a talented player and want him to be at his best for the Wallabies but he's had plenty of chances. He's done a lot more wrong than a lot of other players his age. His cultural background ought to be utterly irrelevant, especially considering the advantages he's had that others haven't. Plenty of other blokes haven't played at Joeys on scholarship and signed professionally first year out of school. He's not that special.

Status
Not open for further replies.