• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Brown Hornet. I appreciate your comments.

He should be sacked, He shouldn't be strung up from the nearest lamppost.

Ewen should take responsibily for providing modern day leadership.

A leader, leads. A manager, manages.

It's been fun guys. I've been checking in on this site for several years. You're all good rugby guys. Keep it up.

ciao

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep, this is far from over.........

KURTLEY Beale’s claim he never lied during the Wallabies texting scandal has been called into question after he revealed in his own statement to the Code of Conduct tribunal that he twice sent the same lewd text, six days apart.

“Beale happy that truth won out” and “I never lied” were two of the headlines that appeared in Sunday newspapers yesterday following the tribunal’s decision late on Friday to fine the 47-Test utility back $45,000 for sending an offensive and highly inappropriate image to former Wallabies business manager Di Patston.

But Patston, in an exclusive interview with The Australian in which she breaks her month-long silence over Beale’s behaviour towards her, claims she hugged him and forgave him for inadvertently sending her a picture on June 9 depicting an obese, nude female crossbow hunter captioned with her name only because he assured her he had not sent it to anyone else.

However, in his written statement to the tribunal, Beale admitted he had kept from her the fact that he had sent the same grossly offensive image to “some Waratahs mates” via the phone messenger application WhatsApp six days earlier, on June 3, just two days after he met Patston for the first time.

As to the identity of other players.........

The June 9 MMS, which Beale actually had intended to send to a Queensland member of the Wallabies only to confuse his mobile number with that of Patston, also included a second, even more offensive image and caption.

Beale said in his statement he had asked his lawyers to redact the names of the Waratahs players to whom he had sent the original lewd image on June 3 “so as to protect their privacy and involvement.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...g-pictures-twice/story-e6frg7o6-1227102924742

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah there's no way in hell I'd be telling her that I sent it to other players, as he said, he's protecting them.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Oh wow...........

The graphic the Oz have attached to that article names James Hanson as the player Beale intended to send the text to when he accidentally sent it to Patston.............

And this:

Between June 10 and June 14:

Patston says she approached Wallabies captain Michael Hooper to tell him about the incident and tells him she is not coping well. She says he replied: “You’ll be right. You’ll deal with it.”

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2014/10/26/1227102/904404-beale.pdf

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
meme-well-that-escalated-quickly_zps70fb859c.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So more claims that Link knew about the texts and Patston was holding the incident over Beale's head. Makes it a bit clearer why they both resigned.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If that Hooper quote is true it sounds like a snide remark, says to me the players were not happy with her role of being in charge of discipline.

There's no more claims, just Beale's word against Link's.....

Everything in the article is just someone's word..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Eh, sure.................

But the point still stands, that the article doesn't make any more claims that Link knew about the texts............

It just printed Beale's testimony to the Code of Conduct hearing which Link has denied. Nothing new there...........

As for holding it over Beale's head............. if that's how you want to look it at it, but she gave the guy a massive favour in not reporting the incident on the basis that he fly straight, which he was incapable of doing. He certainly can't claim that he was hard done by............

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyways, the Australian's interview with Patston is here:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...102899418?nk=5ec1237eb9892197075881d7c7b7560e

Not entirely unspoken, if Beale’s written statement to the Code of Conduct tribunal last Friday is accurate. As things flared, he claims she said: “Do you want me to bring up the text?” McKenzie’s ears pricked up but it would be some while yet before he got the answer to his mental question: “What text?” Eventually, however, the truth came out — that Beale had inadvertently texted her on June 9 a grotesque photo of a nude, obese female crossbow hunter accompanied by the caption “Di??”

When confronted by Patston, he had begged for forgiveness, reassuring her he hadn’t sent the image to anyone else. But he lied. Six days earlier, as he revealed in his own statement, he had sent the same sexist image and text to an unspecified number of fellow Waratahs, not one of whom thought to report Beale’s reprehensible behaviour.

There could scarcely be a more clear-cut case of villain and victim, but in one of the most extraordinary pieces of spin-doctoring in Australian sporting history, those roles were turned on their head.

Beale somehow became the put-upon victim, complaining in his statement that he began to feel during the team’s Sanctuary Cove camp that his relationship with McKenzie “had become a whole lot worse than what it had been during previous times in camp”.

It was a curious assertion, not least because that was the first time he was ever in camp with the Wallabies under McKenzie. Even when the independent tribunal found Beale guilty of a serious Code of Conduct breach and fined him $45,000, he claimed a victory. Sunday newspapers perversely displayed cosy pictures on their front pages of the smiling workplace bully being hugged by his girlfriend.

Patston, meanwhile, was left to hug herself in her pyjamas. Beale’s supporters realised that in order to save him, they needed to destroy her and McKenzie. And so the rumours started that the two were having an affair.

Hooper, along with the Waratahs in general aren't painted in a good light........

She had hoped Wallabies captain Michael Hooper might lend her support, approaching him in Melbourne shortly after the June 9 text landed.

“He was one of the first people I told,” Patston revealed. “I said to him ‘This has happened … I’m really struggling in dealing with it and it’s affecting me’ and he just brushed it off and said ‘You’ll be right. You’ll deal with it.’ He actually didn’t want to know.”

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't remember one media source even insinuating there was an affair going on, unless they're talking about forums when referring to Beale supporters it's wrong.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If that Hooper quote is true it sounds like a snide remark, says to me the players were not happy with her role of being in charge of discipline.

By all reports, Patston was in the job for two days before Beale sent the message on June 9. If Hooper allegedly made that remark to Patston between June 10 and 14, only a week had transpired. What did she do within a week to put players offside.

Everything in the article is just someone's word..

At least we have someone other than Beale and his management putting their names to their comments.

Something tells me more heads will roll. The fact that this could go to court to ascertain all the facts reflects poorly once more on the management by Pulver and the ARU.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So Jen Browning (I think that was who asked it) by asking the question (which everyone wanted answered really and just doing her job) was a Beale supporter?

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Is it because what he's done, is not much worse than what any of us has done, not at 25, but at 35.

There's your problem -- you think it's something people do at 25, or 35, when a lot of us knew better at 15. Go back through the thread and check for A.) All of the other posts that disagreed this is just a simple kid's slip-up, because even simple kids often know better, and 2.) The long rap sheet of prior offenses and problems Beale has had.

At some point, at least for a lot of those on this thread, when he gets to the 6th or 7th or 8th problem that blows up in the press, people get tired of the recidivist behavior and being told that saying something should be done is PC gone mad.

Here's Myles Barlow reviewing dickheads.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
One thing is now clear. The reason Link went to the airport with Patston rather than to go to training was due to her emotional state as a result of the stress she felt. From her own statements she was clearly very unwell and continues to be so.

That's one interpretation. My interpretation is that its something that a 22 year old male without much real life experience would say when he wants to express sympathy and give her some hope for the future. They don't give you training as a counsellor in Camp Wallaby, you train to play rugby. It was crass, unhelpful but probably well-intentioned. 99% of 22 year old males would have said the same or worse.

Eh, sure.......
It just printed Beale's testimony to the Code of Conduct hearing which Link has denied. Nothing new there.....

The article claims a meeting was held between Link, Beale, Doyle, Hooper, Slipper and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on Sept 29. What was said at that meeting can be verified by four "independent" witnesses.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Gagger was certainly right. This has now reached thermonuclear. I'm not sure if there are any further levels beyond thermonuclear but if there are this thread could eclipse all records previously held by the QC (Quade Cooper) thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.