• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Possibly and I can't speak for the team.

I know if I was in the middle I'd be using this to bring the team together with a siege mentality and a point to prove next Saturday.

a siege mentality is a response to being under siege. just who is laying siege to the Wallaby "playing group"?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This I agree with. And I agree that the coach needs to earn the players' respect.
But when the backline isn't aligning in attack or defence, if the captain concedes that he cannot get his players to keep their heads on onfield, if a player is abusing a staff member repetitively, it sounds like the playing group needs to use player power - and not to usurp coaching and admin, but to usher in a culture of personal accountability. Let's face it, there's no point in blaming a coach's tactical acumen when you're not getting the basics right onfield, and there's no point blaming the coach when a player cannot act in the manner befitting an adult (IF the allegations are true, I must stress).

As you've said, this has been the case over the tenure of TWO successful provincial coaches. Blaming the coach is putting the cart before the horse. It's time for a handful of senior players to stand up, act as an example, and cop sanctions sweetly when they're out of line. Hate to join the chorus of smug Kiwis, but it's true, the All Blacks got it right when they took a collective look in the mirror in 2007. As a result, their coach can leave recalcitrant players at home without reams of newsprint being dedicated to the topic.

Bet Deans is the most smug of those Kiwis right now

I agree with this. If senior players aren't buying into it then they need to be moved on - long term it's worth a couple of years of pain going with young blokes who do go with the culture that you want. Maybe this is behind the Hooper as captain appointment?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
A lesson that has once again been reinforced by this whole fucking thing:

The people that actually know what is going on aren't posting on internet forums or sending mass emails. The information presented by those that do should be taken with a very, very large grain of salt.

Except, obviously, for my opinions and theories, which should be treated with the greatest of respect from all of you losers.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
i would like to bet large that he is not. i would like to bet that he feels sadness for how the players have behaved, rather than any smugness.

Probably, it's more an allegory for his detractors (I belong in this lot) eating humble pie, and not a good choice of words on my behalf.

Doubtless he's as upset as anyone over this. These are talented kids with a golden opportunity, and instead they're being pilloried in the meeja.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
I think you Kiwis have earned the right to be smug. Well done I say.

I'm sure there is a wee bit of smugness, but more how the fuck could you let it get to this stage. Any smugness from us would not be directed directly at the Wallabies, but more along the lines of knowing it would never get to this stage in the AB camp.
As for your journos, congratulations-you've very quickly sunk to the level of some of our muppets.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
A lesson that has once again been reinforced by this whole fucking thing:

The people that actually know what is going on aren't posting on internet forums or sending mass emails. The information presented by those that do should be taken with a very, very large grain of salt.

Except, obviously, for my opinions and theories, which should be treated with the greatest of respect from all of you losers.

with you, Mate.
i have been very careful not to claim any "fact", real or presented, on this thread.
in other places, yep, guilty as could be.
but not here, where the possibility of action hangs.

may i refer you to post #28 on page 2 of this very thread.

however, i have put up some questions, the gravity of which quite crushes your opinions and theories.
please, keep 'em coming :)

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm sure there is a wee bit of smugness, but more how the fuck could you let it get to this stage. Any smugness from us would not be directed directly at the Wallabies, but more along the lines of knowing it would never get to this stage in the AB camp.
As for your journos, congratulations-you've very quickly sunk to the level of some of our muppets.

Hey, I remember our mob were laying it on thick with the ol' 'why do the NZRFU not have any saucers?' jokes in the early 2000s. I wouldn't be too bothered by an Aussie (especially a Queenslander) calling you guys smug.

Tigger

Peter Burge (5)
Wow..kinda feels like the Wallabies et al are imploding much like the English Cricket team....anyone caught the news on KP and his "explosive" bio? Sorry to derail the thread and change codes....

M

Moono75

Possibly and I can't speak for the team.

I know if I was in the middle I'd be using this to bring the team together with a siege mentality and a point to prove next Saturday.

Yep......a point....that's about all they will manage to score against the AB's o_O

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow..kinda feels like the Wallabies et al are imploding much like the English Cricket team..anyone caught the news on KP and his "explosive" bio? Sorry to derail the thread and change codes..

No where near ECB level yet. They actually bully their own teammates.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So, Di Patston was forced to quit after...........

- being on the receiving end if workplace bullying with derogatory text messages regarding her being spread around the team

- having her reputation publicly destroyed after lazy journalism wrongfully discredited her qualifications and insinuated forgery on her behalf

- accused of having an affair with her boss based on rumors and innuendo (plus she's married)

I'm not sure if we should feel good about her resignation.........

I certainly don't.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So, Di Patston was forced to quit after.....

- being on the receiving end if workplace bullying with derogatory text messages regarding her being spread around the team

- having her reputation publicly destroyed after lazy journalism wrongfully discredited her qualifications and insinuated forgery on her behalf

- accused of having an affair with her boss based on rumors and innuendo (plus she's married)

I'm not sure if we should feel good about her resignation...

I certainly don't.
It will be interesting if there is a suit against the ARU.
Seriously, from what we are being fed (allowing there might be much that we don't yet know) the GAGR Christmas drinks are more smoothly organised than the ARU.
It's a fucking shambles.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So, Di Patston was forced to quit after.....

I'm not sure if we should feel good about her resignation...

I certainly don't.

I don't think that anyone should feel good about any of this. There is not one winner in the whole sorry saga.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
The information presented by those that do should be taken with a very, very large grain of salt.

About like this?

IMG_0519.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.