• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
So, Di Patston was forced to quit after.....

- being on the receiving end if workplace bullying with derogatory text messages regarding her being spread around the team

- having her reputation publicly destroyed after lazy journalism wrongfully discredited her qualifications and insinuated forgery on her behalf

- accused of having an affair with her boss based on rumors and innuendo (plus she's married)

I'm not sure if we should feel good about her resignation...

I certainly don't.

I think its sad that an employer not only allowed it to get to this point, but has then let it go as far as an employee feeling they needed to quit.

It does raise the obvious questions about the ARU management (including those on tour and around the Wallabies environment) how it got this far, and regardless of how, as a manager I would personally feel I have let down the employees under my care; even if it was because I didn't know about it until it was to late. I would presume that someone has to accountable for what's happened.

I am not sure what is fact and what is fiction, but in some-ways its irrelevant. I personally have concerns and questions about the welfare of the employee(s) and hope the ARU offered support services to the employee(s) during their employment with the ARU, and especially now they have quit and potentially left to their own devices.

I am wondering why an employee would feel they needed to quit? Only my opinion, but the compo lawyers dream about cases like this!

T

Train Without a Station

- being on the receiving end if workplace bullying with derogatory text messages regarding her being spread around the team

- having her reputation publicly destroyed after lazy journalism wrongfully discredited her qualifications and insinuated forgery on her behalf

- accused of having an affair with her boss based on rumors and innuendo (plus she's married)

I certainly don't.

Patson has been hung out to dry and all of this and plenty of the Beale supporters have been happy to make her out as the perpetrator, not the victim that she is.

There's been a real immature attitude of many of these supporters, that Beale is done, let's try and drag a few others down too.

T

Train Without a Station

Fuck I'm sick of the media making a big deal about it being "the first time Australia has lost to Argentina in 14 years".

Prior to the rugby championship we had not played them since 2003 and had only played them 3 times from 98-03.

Of course we hadn't lost to them for so long. We hardly fucking played them.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
so, is the Argentinean media making a big issue of Los Pumas "beating Australia for the first time in 14 years"?

T

Train Without a Station

Beale actually sent them to her? Fuck me how dumb is this bloke. Like we've all made the mistake of sending a message to the subject of it as their name comes to mind. Something like this, surely you'd fucking make sure you didn't send it to a single person who may make an issue of it.

T

Train Without a Station

If Moses doesn't come out with this alleged evidence of link knowing earlier, then fuck he is a low scumbag

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)

I certainly don't.

The entire thing has been depressing and frustrating for everyone I think, and yes the text message thing was worthy of harsher treatment earlier.

But in terms of the stuff about Patston and the Wallabies disciplinary systems it appears to have been brewing for a while and it's not all about Beale.

This little summery of all the media on it for the past twelve months was posted on the roar:

theroar said:
1) Players met with Mckenzie in Italy last year to air concerns of the growing power and role of Di. someone he has brought in from his time at the Reds. He becomes defensive.
2) Mckenzie shortly after suspended half the squad for excessive drinking despite that he had reportedly given them the okay to have a couple with a day off the next day. They had no curfew!.. suspicious and divisive! (With excellent PR spin he comes off looking like a disciplinary hero in the media.. I for one was bitterly disappointed in the treatment of these players… young men in Dublin that had a few the night before a day off with no curfew)
3) Beale sends a joke text about the staffer and distributes it by text in June…. it is widely reported now that it was kept internal and Beale’s apologies were accepted.
4) Mckenzie misses a team dinner in perth to drive Di to the airport, however she does not leave Perth.
5) Beale has a row with Di on a plane about a t-shirt and whatever is said it is enough for Di to flee the squad. Mckenzie misses training to drive her to the airport when anyone else in the tour party could’ve done so, and the Wallabies lose to Argentina… (it is weeks later and the ARU have still not been transparent about this incident.)
6) It starts to come out that her qualifications are in doubt (her linkedin page is taken down) and that her relationship with mckenzie has seen her become the ‘gatekeeper to the coach’ as one source from inside the wallabies has stated and been reported on.
7) Beale’s manager is adamant that Mckenzie knew about these texts in June whereas the ARU and Mckenzie himself say they have just been made aware.

So yes, this hasn't panned out well for poor Di, and looks like it could even end up costing Ewan his job too. But the question is what is going on with the Wallabies management?

T

Train Without a Station

We don't know.

The only thing we really know that some players are unhappy about Patson specifically.

Is it fair grievances? Or a case of entitlement amongst the players and disliking the professional procedures she is putting in place to so her job best? We don't know. Could easily go both ways.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Well Beale is done and only a few years too late. Sleeping in is not illegal. Calling your team environment 'toxic' is not illegal. Being out on the drink mid week is not illegal. But with the exception of a 4am burger run, just about every one of Beales indiscretions has involved something that would contravene a law of Australia.

I'll back Link to the end of time, but Patston running a proverbial legal train on the ARU might be the best thing for Aus rugby moving forward.

There is very little right in the High Performance culture at the moment, and it's not Link or Deans or Jones or whoevers fault. It's the ingrained "this is how it was in the day" mentality that every player is exposed to by those who refuse to accept this is 1988 anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.