• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

League Targets

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I love the ‘idea’ of a 12 team comp with everyone getting parochial about their team but we have to be realistic. We still need a competition that is quality of you are to genuinely develop players. We produce enough talent to be a consistent top 5 nation in the world. Our problem is the lack of top level Rugby they play once they leave school to the age of 23-25 when we want to see them establish themselves as potential internationals.

If we have diluted comp all they are doing is bullying the comp again and not growing. The U20s in league produced nothing if you consider how many players it had involved. All the top level talent was straight into the NRL squads and played a handful of games. Almost every kid got a spot, backpack, shorts and got sold the dream.

I’ve always been a proponent of a Super Rugby A, along side Super Rugby 20s. It should be hard to make these teams. If you take out all the Wallabies you’d have 10-15 spots in each squad to fill with kids and the best of clubland. The U20s then provides a selection trial for the Aus U20s.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
He’s been killing it as well.

Will be talking about Billy Smith soon. All the Scots boys at the Roosters as a package? Fuck it add Toby Rudolf at the Sharks.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
With the Roosters bowing out last night I'm guessing we will hear the official Crichton announcement in the coming days.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I’ve heard nothing about Smith. I think with his form recently and JS leaving along with Crichton he’s a good re signing for them that would be cheaper than both.

Wong is the most likely. Talk he is being chased by RA, NZRU, NZRL and a lot of NRL Clubs. On 180k right now but he’s now a starting backrower he’s likely to get to the 500k mark.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I’ve heard nothing about Smith. I think with his form recently and JS leaving along with Crichton he’s a good re signing for them that would be cheaper than both.

Wong is the most likely. Talk he is being chased by Rugby Australia, NZRU, NZRL and a lot of NRL Clubs. On 180k right now but he’s now a starting backrower he’s likely to get to the 500k mark.

Geez if you were fiji you'd be begging any top14 side to sign him

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Remember when there were a bunch of 'high performance RA players' anonymously voicing their disgust with the amount of money Sua'ali'i was being paid? And they thought they deserved it more?

Those same players are now looking like they won't make it outta the pool stages of the RWC.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Remember when there were a bunch of 'high performance Rugby Australia players' anonymously voicing their disgust with the amount of money Sua'ali'i was being paid? And they thought they deserved it more?

Those same players are now looking like they won't make it outta the pool stages of the RWC.
Sadly this is true, I bet Nathan Cleary could’ve done a better job against Fiji … and he’s never played fly half