• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Link or White?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiggles

I don't really agree. I'm always of the opinion that your bench players should be able to play near 80 minutes in case of the rare situations we saw last night. If Taps wasn't deemed fit enough, he probably shouldn't have been there.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
or a coach concerned about the fitness level of a player who hasn't played for over 2 months.. Taps might have been good for the last 20min, but i doubt he had the fitness levels to play out 60min.. Might have been a mistake putting him on the bench, but considering the rest of the injuries in the squad, there wasn't many other choices.

Rubbish Tocc, if he wasn't fit he shouldn't have been on the bench to begin with. Even if Frisby had to come on why not put him on the wing & move everyone in one. Moving one of the worlds best 9's <who makes a shit ten, was finals suicide!

vismyr

Peter Burge (5)
Rubbish Tocc, if he wasn't fit he shouldn't have been on the bench to begin with. Even if Frisby had to come on why not put him on the wing & move everyone in one. Moving one of the worlds best 9's <who makes a shit ten, was finals suicide!

Absolutely -- a horrendous piece of strategy. Genia is currently the best in the world at his position, and to move him out just makes no sense when they clearly had other options. Poor coaching... so I'd go with White:)

T

Train Without a Station

I'm sure even White made the odd tactical blunder in both the Brumbies loss to the Blues last week(and their first loss to the Reds not starting Hooper) and the Springboks 2007 49-0 loss to the Wallabies at Suncorp Stadium. Do these isolated cases make him a bad coach? Certainly not. Let's not judge link solely on last night's game. Especially when there are a number of factors at play including the fitness of Tapaui to play close to a full game and the fact that Mike Harris was allegedly subbed due to a head knock.

Status
Not open for further replies.