• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
But you do realise that one disgruntled, continually carping Irishman is not a representaive sample to judge the Lions support, or to determne whether 3/4 Lions fans are really supporting the Australians
Of course I do Cardiff, I was just having a friendly dig at paddy for saying that everyone but welsh would be wantind Lions to lose,

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Strangely I agree with you! the top players are contracted in such ridiculous ways at the mercy of voracious french clubs/provinces/unions that they are playing too much and injuries or lapses in form are inevitable. Warbs and BoD are good cases in point. warbs has looked disinterested at franchise level. Don't think he is. It is just not possible to keep playing on top form for that number of games. Worse still for those who choose to go to France into the meat grinder of Top 14

BOD? Playing too much for Leinster? Just because the Welsh players regard playing for their franchises as little more than a contractual obligation does not mean that the Irish lads are not passionate about pulling on the jersey of their home province. Ask Paul O'Connell, Conor Murray or Simon Zebo whether they think they should phone in performances for Munster like North did for the Scarlets in the rabo semi final against Ulster. The nonsense is that these lads are pissing about with your lions when their team mates are already back in pre season. Anyway, best of luck to the 46 players who have the terrible misfortune to be refereed by rugby's version of Inspector Clouseau today. At least I have precisely zero emotional attachment to the proceedings so I can chortle away at the maniac's idiosyncrasies, hopefully he will make such a balls of it that he will cease to haunt the game like a sinister clown.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Of course I do Cardiff, I was just having a friendly dig at paddy for saying that everyone but welsh would be wantind Lions to lose,

Funny thing about that Dan. I do agree with you, paddy is not representative, but..

The missus (who is half Irish) and I were on her facebook account this morning. Her Irish relatives are quite peeved by the BOD affair and have even asked my other half what the words to waltzing matilda are. Here was the kicker, we found a facebook page named 'justice4bod'. On the very top of the page is a picture of my other half's Irish uncle, staring back at us. Turns out he wants justice4bod.

As Aussies, we had a very hearty laugh, I can tell you!

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Funny thing about that Dan. I do agree with you, paddy is not representative, but..

The missus (who is half Irish) and I were on her facebook account this morning. Her Irish relatives are quite peeved by the BOD affair and have even asked my other half what the words to waltzing matilda are. Here was the kicker, we found a facebook page named 'justice4bod'. On the very top of the page is a picture of my other half's Irish uncle, staring back at us. Turns out he wants justice4bod.

As Aussies, we had a very hearty laugh, I can tell you!
I am not representative because I don't support the Lions full stop and regardless of the selection. But the sizeable minority of Irish rugby fans who want nothing to do with the Lions has grown over this tour.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Well played the Lions. Did not think they had that in them but Halfpenny is one of the best in the world. Will never support a concept that I believe holds back Irish rugby. Personally thought BOD was there on reputation rather than anything he achieved last season but pleased that the best player I have seen has the reward that evidently means so much to him. Now we have got to handle the Welsh wailing about how they won the Lions, God help us.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Well played the Lions. Did not think they had that in them but Halfpenny is one of the best in the world. Will never support a concept that I believe holds back Irish rugby. Personally thought BOD was there on reputation rather than anything he achieved last season but pleased that the best player I have seen has the reward that evidently means so much to him. Now we have got to handle the Welsh wailing about how they won the Lions, God help us.
Yep Wales ................I mean good win for the lions:oops::cool:;)

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Excellent performance. Well done the lions and well done Warren Gatland.
Spent the whole game shouting my head off, except for when I was teaching my girlfriend the Lions songs.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just back! Great game. great atmosphere. Aside from all the bois, thought Murray was excellent, Bowe Corbs SoB, Parling and Youngs. A brilliant management job with the game plan and replacements. Great to see Irish bleating about BoD put to rest. The tarmac boys at the game were enjoying it as much as us. also great to see BoD himself managed to transcend the BS about discord amongst the squad. Shame its over.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Might pop over to gwlad to see how magnanimous we are. Thought of you with every try we scored. Must've been painful, or did you secretly switch sides and applaud your guys. great to see BoD and PoC on the pitch at the end. SoB was excellent and Murray played the game I always hoped he would. Your misery is over!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
At the end of the game I suddenly thought the ABs must be salivating. They are even better at gatlandball than the Lions

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Well done Lions. Well deserved. Thought I'd feel gutted with a series loss but at the moment I just feel 'blah'.
Great atmosphere. The win will be great to ensure Lions tours continue.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Congratulations Warren.

Balls like an elephant and a proven winner.

You were right, everyone else was very very very wrong.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Might pop over to gwlad to see how magnanimous we are. Thought of you with every try we scored. Must've been painful, or did you secretly switch sides and applaud your guys. great to see BoD and PoC on the pitch at the end. SoB was excellent and Murray played the game I always hoped he would. Your misery is over!
Was neutral, although watching through my fingers with my teeth grinding anytime POC or Conor Murray were playing. Thank feck it is all over but jebus we are going to have the mother and father of jobs keeping hold of Conor Murray after that display, he came on and altered the whole tempo of the game. Thanks Fecking Lions?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom