• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2025

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'll do what I did last tour. Gather a group, buy tickets through either Rebels membership or general admin on the day they're available, and have a great time.

No need to complicate things by buying some port-soaked RM Williams sponsored membership.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Spoke to the rebels membership office today. We currently get as members for 2024 priority access to the Rebels v Lions game at Marvel & if we renew for 2025 (which for most nowdays is automatic renewal) 2 spots in the ballot for 1 of the tests. How ever its not for the mcg test its for any of the tests.

The bloke on the phone was amazing about it & said we are doing everything we can to accommodate its members & is working with RA to try to to get it changed that if we are successful that we can go to our "home test match" but it it ultimately not their decision.

Kind of insane that you could get a ticket anywhere & forced into spending a fortune on accommodation & flights.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Kind of insane that you could get a ticket anywhere & forced into spending a fortune on accommodation & flights.
Agreed, however, I can understand it from the perspective of fairness for locations with Super teams not getting a Lions test (Canberra and Perth), as it means everyone is being drawn from the same barrel without other influences. A bit odd there isn't some kind of preference system though.

Confirmed that you're actually allocated 2 seats to a specific test, as opposed to being allocated 2 seats to a test (then having to go to war with the masses to secure the one you want)?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Agreed, however, I can understand it from the perspective of fairness for locations with Super teams not getting a Lions test (Canberra and Perth), as it means everyone is being drawn from the same barrel without other influences. A bit odd there isn't some kind of preference system though.

Confirmed that you're actually allocated 2 seats to a specific test, as opposed to being allocated 2 seats to a test (then having to go to war with the masses to secure the one you want)?

Perth do get the Anzac game & not attacking but the brumbies dont have a large amount of members of which if they were sucessful you could spread them between Syd & Melb the city is in the middle of both of them & also the 2 largest stadiums.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Perth do get the Anzac game & not attacking but the brumbies dont have a large amount of members of which if they were sucessful you could spread them between Syd & Melb the city is in the middle of both of them & also the 2 largest stadiums.
Hasn't Adelaide got the ANZAC test?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Hasn't Adelaide got the ANZAC test?

Ah yep my mistake on that one, happy to put my hand up.

Then yes you would have to make some provisions to allow Force members who are lucky enough to choose their test. Its not going to be a lot Super Rugby sides dont have huge membership numbers like afl clubs do.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Just getting my head around this. RA just continue to astound.

Land Rover and RM WIlliams sponsorships
Wasting millions on league players
The Eddie/Rennie/World Cup fiasco
$1899 for Lions ticket access...but not much else.

They really are just marketing to their old school mates that are in $300k+ salaried jobs and live in Sydney's eastern beach suburbs.

It's just getting harder and harder to care

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
ANZAC test is an idea best left in the pub

Most of our best players will be on Wallaby and Super Rugby duties
The AB's are playing France at the same time, the NZ Maori & XV are also playing games at that time, basically ruling out most of their top 60 players, best hope is that guys like Barrett & Mounag'a can be released to play, but unlikely

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I’ve got some RA marketing guy chasing me to buy test tickets for next year so I’m “in the queue process for 2025”. Having experienced buying Reds Ruby memberships in 2012 and then getting Lions test seats on the Suncorp Stadium try line, I’m once bitten twice shy.

Rugby and the Wallaby brand has taken such a hiding this year, that they should be giving us tickets to next year. The public have had enough of the RA spin machine.

The half England/half Wallabies scarves they gave out last year made me vomit my Taylor’s red all over my RM boots.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah can’t wait for the loyal ticket offering for the game at Homebush in the nose bleeds for a small fortune.

May as well book a room at the Pullman across from the ground and watch it on TV. About the same distance from the field.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I’ve got some Rugby Australia marketing guy chasing me to buy test tickets for next year so I’m “in the queue process for 2025”. Having experienced buying Reds Ruby memberships in 2012 and then getting Lions test seats on the Suncorp Stadium try line, I’m once bitten twice shy.

Rugby and the Wallaby brand has taken such a hiding this year, that they should be giving us tickets to next year. The public have had enough of the Rugby Australia spin machine.

The half England/half Wallabies scarves they gave out last year made me vomit my Taylor’s red all over my RM boots.

how good is taylors!

The Phoenix

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yeah can’t wait for the loyal ticket offering for the game at Homebush in the nose bleeds for a small fortune.

May as well book a room at the Pullman across from the ground and watch it on TV. About the same distance from the field.
I went to Optus Stadium in Perth a few years back for the first Test played there - when we thumped the All Blacks. Paid a fortune for Wallaby Gold tickets but needed a Sherpa guide and oxygen to help me get to my seats. Not making that mistake again.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
I went to Optus Stadium in Perth a few years back for the first Test played there - when we thumped the All Blacks. Paid a fortune for Wallaby Gold tickets but needed a Sherpa guide and oxygen to help me get to my seats. Not making that mistake again.
I went to the very first Bledisloe at the MCG. Paid for platinum/premium seats through Wallaby First membership and was seated on the tryline six rows from the fence. In the rain. I went and sat with Melbourne friends who had much cheaper and dryer seats with a much better view. After much tooing and froing I got a full refund from RA (their initial offer was Shute Shield finals tickets). The unfamiliarity of playing on an oval was the excuse they gave, despite having played Tests at the SCG for nearly a century. Haven't been to an interstate Test since and will only go to Homebush for the Lions or RWC

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I went to the very first Bledisloe at the MCG. Paid for platinum/premium seats through Wallaby First membership and was seated on the tryline six rows from the fence. In the rain. I went and sat with Melbourne friends who had much cheaper and dryer seats with a much better view. After much tooing and froing I got a full refund from Rugby Australia (their initial offer was Shute Shield finals tickets). The unfamiliarity of playing on an oval was the excuse they gave, despite having played Tests at the SCG for nearly a century. Haven't been to an interstate Test since and will only go to Homebush for the Lions or RWC

I hope you appreciate how much that reads like something out of the Betoota mate.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I went to the very first Bledisloe at the MCG. Paid for platinum/premium seats through Wallaby First membership and was seated on the tryline six rows from the fence. In the rain. I went and sat with Melbourne friends who had much cheaper and dryer seats with a much better view. After much tooing and froing I got a full refund from Rugby Australia (their initial offer was Shute Shield finals tickets). The unfamiliarity of playing on an oval was the excuse they gave, despite having played Tests at the SCG for nearly a century. Haven't been to an interstate Test since and will only go to Homebush for the Lions or RWC

So, you paid for good seats in a stadium without a roof... it rained... you got a bit wet, and you demanded a refund?

And you haven't been to an interstate test since...

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Just watched GB&R podcast focused on nth america. The Lions got offered their biggest ever pay day to play the 1st game of the series on the way to aus at Allegiant stadium in vegas & they knocked it back.