• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Vs Reds. Bloem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David

I think Quade might be able to pip Eales for most points in a season, good to see Hynesy on the try scorers list. I think diggers might match Horan and Drahm for most tries in a season.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
TOCC said:
Noddy said:
PaarlBok said:
If yopur Reds were a SA franchise they would have lost ther sponsor already 5 seasons ago!

Oh mate, we've lost plenty of sponsorships, and I reckon we are on the verge of losing another main one. Never blamed the competition for it though.

QR wont sign on again, they cant commit to anything since the government is about to sell it off

However i suppose the reds 2010 form and added exposure will stir some new sponsors into action
QR shouldn't be sponsoring them to start with, I'm rather opposed to government bodies spending big cash to grow their brand. How much additional revenue do you reckon QR could attribute to their sponsoring of the Reds?

Same goes for NSW Cricketers, I'm sure the billions who tuned into the world club T20 championship were encouraged to buy RTA merchandise and drive slower.

A blatant waste of my tax dollars that could have gone into fixing the Pacific Highway.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
agree with that Moses, but its obviously not a QR thing. Its a Suncorp thing, built by the Govt obiously, and they don't want it sitting there like a White Elephant.

T

TOCC

Moses said:
TOCC said:
Noddy said:
PaarlBok said:
If yopur Reds were a SA franchise they would have lost ther sponsor already 5 seasons ago!

Oh mate, we've lost plenty of sponsorships, and I reckon we are on the verge of losing another main one. Never blamed the competition for it though.

QR wont sign on again, they cant commit to anything since the government is about to sell it off

However i suppose the reds 2010 form and added exposure will stir some new sponsors into action
QR shouldn't be sponsoring them to start with, I'm rather opposed to government bodies spending big cash to grow their brand. How much additional revenue do you reckon QR could attribute to their sponsoring of the Reds?

Same goes for NSW Cricketers, I'm sure the billions who tuned into the world club T20 championship were encouraged to buy RTA merchandise and drive slower.

A blatant waste of my tax dollars that could have gone into fixing the Pacific Highway.

well its a interesting topic, in regards to QR sponsoring Reds the other possible reason for doing so was not to attract new customers, they are pretty much a monopoly therefore dont need to. But more so to prepare themselves for going public, going public has been on the cards for QR for years now, its not purely as a result of the GFC, it was planned long before that.

Its a unique situation, QR were planning on going public and i guess looked at the Reds/rugby union and realised the corporate connections involved in the game. So by sponsoring the Reds they were not only able to grab added exposure in the corporate world but were undoubtedly also able to use it to build corporate connections.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
just saw some stats and big Rob Simmons made 24 tackles this game. That's personal tackles (he made another 10 in asisting the primary tackler).

Both numbers (the 24 for tackles and 10 for tackle assists) are the largest of a Red player this season. I thought big Rob was busy this game, and this proves it. He's really impressed me this year. I had previously thought it was a bit soft.

Looking at all the stats, Matty Hodgson made 24 & 9 v the Tahs.

But Robbie's total of 34 for the game is a season high for all Aussie teams.

There were some big tackles in there too!

D

David

Noddy said:
just saw some stats and big Rob Simmons made 24 tackles this game. That's personal tackles (he made another 10 in asisting the primary tackler).

Both numbers (the 24 for tackles and 10 for tackle assists) are the largest of a Red player this season. I thought big Rob was busy this game, and this proves it. He's really impressed me this year. I had previously thought it was a bit soft.

Looking at all the stats, Matty Hodgson made 24 & 9 v the Tahs.

But Robbie's total of 34 for the game is a season high for all Aussie teams.

There were some big tackles in there too!

I thought the same thing but I have been very impressed with him this year.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Noddy said:
He's really impressed me this year. I had previously thought he was a bit soft.

Me too - let's hope that it keeps up. 20 y.o. Douglas is going well with the Tahs too and Foley is impressed with his work rate.

It's a bit early to be touting these young blokes as sure future starting Wallabies because they won't have the physicality for another year at least, or maybe two, to judge them properly.

The skills of both players are good enough and we may be able to measure their standard of work rate, grunt and rugby nous if they get a gig for the Oz Barbarians against the hard heads of the Pom dirt-trackers.

T

tranquility

Too true LG but as far as locks go they are certainly putting their hands up early.

T

TOCC

it just goes to show how much longer it takes a forward to develop, apart from flanker you dont seem many forwards under the age of 20 getting a run. As opposed to backs, where nearly every team has a teenager running about.

Simmons has been in the Reds system for 3 years now, so its about time he started to produce the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.